Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut trackers!


csmopar

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

You think the Colts are going to cut the guy who just led the team in their Black Lives Matter video?

 

Seriously?

 

Wow......

Hence why I said it would be a surprise cut...  I didn't say I think they will, I said that I think the surprise cut, if any, would be Jacoby.

 

That said, if the Colts FO is making choices based on one's social stances and not football ability, that's a whole other matter that is highly concerning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Wishful thinking.  The Colts have made it clear he’s the backup and Eason and Kelly are fighting for the third qb spot.

I didn't say I was wishing or hoping he was cut.  The question was " wonder if we'll have any surprise cuts?"  To me, Brissett would be a surprise cut... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, csmopar said:

true but still, anything is possible.  I don't think JB goes anywhere but never know until the ink dries.

And you don’t know Phillip Rivers isn’t getting cut either then.  Now that we’ve established that anyone COULD be cut I don’t think that’s what the OP meant.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

And you don’t know Phillip Rivers isn’t getting cut either then.  Now that we’ve established that anyone COULD be cut I don’t think that’s what the OP meant.  

fine, what is your definition of a "surprise cut"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

fine, what is your definition of a "surprise cut"?

A realistic surprise.  Just naming players on the roster that aren’t getting cut isn’t the point.  Someone like chase or someone on the D-line, or one of the WRs they probably aren’t keeping six are the most realistic options to me.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

no more likely than Brissett

Not sure why you are getting beat up over this.  I thought JB Could be viewed as a “surprise cut” when i read it.  I think we’d all be surprised, so.......

  The only way i could see that is if they feel theres not much drop off from JB to Kelly.  Eason wont be ready for 2020 so no use to discuss that.  We’re really talking about production of JB vs Kelly as the backup.  If they dont feel Kelly could give them a chance to win, then you gotta keep JB for the year.

The bummer this uear is we’re gonna cut some guys i like.  I wanna keep 4 QBs, 4 RBs, 6 WRs (at least), depth at OL, a bunch of DL, and TEs are an issue,   We just cant keep them all.

Would Eason be grabbed off PS?  Would Kelly?  
 This cut-down will be very interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Not sure why you are getting beat up over this.  I thought JB Could be viewed as a “surprise cut” when i read it.  I think we’d all be surprised, so.......

  The only way i could see that is if they feel theres not much drop off from JB to Kelly.  Eason wont be ready for 2020 so no use to discuss that.  We’re really talking about production of JB vs Kelly as the backup.  If they dont feel Kelly could give them a chance to win, then you gotta keep JB for the year.

The bummer this uear is we’re gonna cut some guys i like.  I wanna keep 4 QBs, 4 RBs, 6 WRs (at least), depth at OL, a bunch of DL, and TEs are an issue,   We just cant keep them all.

Would Eason be grabbed off PS?  Would Kelly?  
 This cut-down will be very interesting.

I don't think he is getting beat up at all. He knows it's all in jest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Not sure why you are getting beat up over this.  I thought JB Could be viewed as a “surprise cut” when i read it.  I think we’d all be surprised, so.......

  The only way i could see that is if they feel theres not much drop off from JB to Kelly.  Eason wont be ready for 2020 so no use to discuss that.  We’re really talking about production of JB vs Kelly as the backup.  If they dont feel Kelly could give them a chance to win, then you gotta keep JB for the year.

The bummer this uear is we’re gonna cut some guys i like.  I wanna keep 4 QBs, 4 RBs, 6 WRs (at least), depth at OL, a bunch of DL, and TEs are an issue,   We just cant keep them all.

Would Eason be grabbed off PS?  Would Kelly?  
 This cut-down will be very interesting.

meh, I used to it :rock: but yes, I agree.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think he is getting beat up at all. He knows it's all in jest. 

i rarely ever take anything on this forum but in jest haha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chester isnt worst wr ever, though getting cut but Phins who wr group is between 29-32 likely mean his NFL career at this point probably over, wouldnt be shocked to see him resurface in new XFL 3.0 next year, though turning back to movies where he came from could be in the cards as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Chester isnt worst wr ever, though getting cut but Phins who wr group is between 29-32 likely mean his NFL career at this point probably over, wouldnt be shocked to see him resurface in new XFL 3.0 next year, though turning back to movies where he came from could be in the cards as well.

I liked Chester.  Underdog, Over-achiever type imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I liked Chester.  Underdog, Over-achiever type imo.

He was productive (2nd most yards in 2018) with Luck. And he was running wide open in the seam a lot last year while on the field. He's certainly not great, but certainly not the worst lol. I'm glad we upgraded, but he was a good team mate and hard worker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Hence why I said it would be a surprise cut...  I didn't say I think they will, I said that I think the surprise cut, if any, would be Jacoby.

 

That said, if the Colts FO is making choices based on one's social stances and not football ability, that's a whole other matter that is highly concerning.

I’m not saying they’d making it based on his Social Stances....   I’m saying the back up is a leader on the team based on his............

 

LEADERSHIP! 
 

I don’t see this F.O. cutting or trading JB, despite what so many here (not you) might want.  If we agree that the Colts are all-in on this season (and we appear to be) then keeping the clear and obvious backup would seem to be the only move for the Colts.   Sorry for the confusion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Honestly, I think we're gonna see either Easton or Kelly cut, but I think the surprise might be Brissett. 

We can only hope so.

Brissett brought us a 30th ranked passing attack last year and is costing us way too much for what we get.

Kelly can definitely do better and maybe Eason can too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO no QB's will be cut, especially with this Covid-19 virus.

I don’t think they keep four QBs at least at first.  It’s very likely they can get Kelly back if the need him.  Also this is a team that historically only keeps two in most years so keeping three is already keeping more than normally do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think they keep four QBs at least at first.  It’s very likely they can get Kelly back if the need him.  Also this is a team that historically only keeps two in most years so keeping three is already keeping more than normally do.

IMO we will keep Eason on the active roster and Kelly will remain on the PS. Rivers and JB will be 1 and 2. That is what I meant by 4 QB's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

We can only hope so.

Brissett brought us a 30th ranked passing attack last year and is costing us way too much for what we get.

Kelly can definitely do better and maybe Eason can too.

Do you follow the Colts much?

 

If you did, you’d know what Chris Ballard thinks of JB.   If you did, you’d know what Frank Reich thinks if him.   If you did, you’d know what the team thinks of JB.  But you seem completely unaware.   
 

Look, you’re entitled to any opinion you want.  But you seem to be trying to stop a tidal wave with a screen door.   Good luck with that! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think they keep four QBs at least at first.  It’s very likely they can get Kelly back if the need him.  Also this is a team that historically only keeps two in most years so keeping three is already keeping more than normally do.

Kelly should be the one cut and on PS.  Not a single team in the league wanted him last year, bad enough to give a roster spot anyway.... And someone would grab a fourth rd. Rookie QB and take a look for a few weeks at least.... 

 

Honestly, if Eason was the cut, and they lost him.... Reich and Ballard would look at least a little foolish.... 4th round picks are no guarantee, but it would be an uncharacteristic waste.... And potentially leave them with 0 signed QBs heading into the offseason.... Really don't see the team that got burned a few times by their QB as doing that...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Do you follow the Colts much?

 

If you did, you’d know what Chris Ballard thinks of JB.   If you did, you’d know what Frank Reich thinks if him.   If you did, you’d know what the team thinks of JB.  But you seem completely unaware.   
 

Look, you’re entitled to any opinion you want.  But you seem to be trying to stop a tidal wave with a screen door.   Good luck with that! 

He hates JB, I have seen enough of his posts to know. He isn't getting cut so sorry about the haters luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Do you follow the Colts much?

 

If you did, you’d know what Chris Ballard thinks of JB.   If you did, you’d know what Frank Reich thinks if him.   If you did, you’d know what the team thinks of JB.  But you seem completely unaware.   
 

Look, you’re entitled to any opinion you want.  But you seem to be trying to stop a tidal wave with a screen door.   Good luck with that! 

You are right .... But damn I'll be glad when some other HC, GM, and team think that highly of their newly signed backup QB, Brissett.... He's a nice dude though....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I am not giving up assets for another QB. Especially one that is 38. Only assets I am giving up is for one in the draft. I do not want to be on 6 QB in 6 years when he retired after a year. He already looks checked out. I mean he complains abort not having enough WR.  Why would he come here with the trash ones we have. He has also been a pretty big jerk this season.
    • That's too bad.  With all of the talk in the media world about needing good QBs and good receivers, from a talent measurement perspective, it would be helpful to know how many snaps a QB played with the same receivers on the field.  A chemistry measurement perspective.  I bet the Colts would rank pretty low in the NFL from a QB/receiver playing-time-together measurement   The route running limitations sounds a bit like a chess player play-caller not having enough confidence in the specific matchups based upon pregame analysis.  A matchup has a less than average chance at succeeding, so he's not going to call it very much.  I doubt its because he forgot about the play. LOL.   Some of that also has to be on the QB though, not even looking in a certain direction quick enough since he feels there is a low likelihood of success. 
    • My brother who does not have a favorite team but enjoys football asked me if Jimmy G will play for the 49ers next year. I told him that I thought they would start Trey Lance. I think if he is not ready, Jimmy is the better mentor in that he seems to be a team player. Rodgers does not seem to even talk to Jordan Love, the backup and possible eventual replacement.   Absolutely. 
    • Where is Jimmy G at today and where is Wentz...is it better coaching. We have the better run game and even in rec weapons... either Jimmy makes better decisions or our coaching needs an upgrade..numbers do t always tell the truth...CW might have the best numbers a QB ever put up with bad plays and decisions I've ever witnessed...Fools gold...here's a number not on this list, Wentz had more potential INTs dropped than any QB this year...
    • We did draft Dayo. Those two on the inside together should be better next year. Dayo is going to be better on the inside then edge.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...