Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Namath Is Annoying

http://www.nfl.com/n...HP11_hot_topics

http://www.fantasysp...should-be-angry

Anyone else sick of this guy? He just adds to the circus that is the New York Jets. He needs to keep his mouth shut. Yes, we know he's "Broadway Joe." Yes, we know he won Superbowl III when his team were 18-pt underdogs. Yes, we know he led the NFC to prominence when they were the laughing stock of the league... All that was 43 years ago! I still don't think that qualifies him to non-nonchalantly speak his mind.

I feel sorry for Rex Ryan caught in a corner with this person. If Rex hates on Namath, then Rex compromises the image of an American football icon, the forefather of the NYJ's, and hating on an elderly old man. I'm certain Namath knows this, otherwise why would he open his big mouth like this? It's as if he's daring Rex, saying, "Whatcha' gonna do, big boy? Stick a fork in me!?!"

This memorabilia store owner told me that whenever he is doing an autograph signing, he must have a diet coke and Lays chips or he will flip his you know what. One time, they gave him a bottle of water and he left the place. This is not a joke.

He talks too much, and he still thinks he's relevant in this league. He's just as relevant as Rob Lowe :P

This memorabilia store owner told me that whenever he is doing an autograph signing, he must have a diet coke and Lays chips or he will flip his you know what. One time, they gave him a bottle of water and he left the place. This is not a joke.

What the...? You'd think someone that serious about Diet Coke and Lays would always have some with him...

Brad Johnson?

I say Dilfer is worse. Johnson was inconsistent but had some good days. Look at the 2002 Week 9 game vs the Vikings, he threw 5 TDs and had another game similar to this. He wasn't taht great, but he was better than Dilfer.

I say Dilfer is worse. Johnson was inconsistent but had some good days. Look at the 2002 Week 9 game vs the Vikings, he threw 5 TDs and had another game similar to this. He wasn't taht great, but he was better than Dilfer.

haha both were pretty bad...I think Namath is given more credit for the impact of his win rather than his actual performance

Yes i do worst QB to win a super bowl next to Dilfer

haha both were pretty bad...I think Namath is given more credit for the impact of his win rather than his actual performance

I can't stand Namath, but you can't just look at stats - the game has changed. I'm old enough to remember the years when he was considered one of the best in the league. The guy was a leader, and he could chuck the ball with the best of them. Dilfer shouldn't have even been a starter. No comparison.

But to the opening statement, sure he's annoying. He's ALWAYS been annoying. I looked at him back then the way that I look at Brady now: the "pretty boy", fake, jerk of a QB playing for one of the Colt's nemesis', who way too many people claimed was better than the Colts QB. And living in the NY area, I had to hear it all the time, and see THIS:

p-30127-joe-namath-new-york-jets-16x20-photo-sideline-fur-coat-ssg-ujn-16g.jpgjoe-namath-guarantee.jpg?w=594

As a player he was cocky but he was good at his job. The off the field stuff--and the women that threw themselves at him--gave him that nasty attitude that comes out so easily.

He has turned into the guy at your high school that wears his letter jacket and goes to football parties for years after he graduates, and that is very very sad because it is a long fall from a high place.

I can't stand Namath, but you can't just look at stats - the game has changed. I'm old enough to remember the years when he was considered one of the best in the league. The guy was a leader, and he could chuck the ball with the best of them. Dilfer shouldn't have even been a starter. No comparison.

The worst thing about Namath as, admittedly, somewhat of a stats nut is that he wasn't even good statistically for his own era. His best years boasted some prolific numbers in terms of attempts and yardage but were still pretty average in terms of efficiency and he routinely got blown away by the greater talents of that time (Unitas, Tarkenton, Starr, Jurgenson, Dawson, Griese, etc.).

The worst thing about Namath as, admittedly, somewhat of a stats nut is that he wasn't even good statistically for his own era. His best years boasted some prolific numbers in terms of attempts and yardage but were still pretty average in terms of efficiency and he routinely got blown away by the greater talents of that time (Unitas, Tarkenton, Starr, Jurgenson, Dawson, Griese, etc.).

I agree.... if we subtract Namath's ONE signature, iconic NFL game and the ensuing overblown media sensation.... his win/loss record, mediocre at best QB rating and lackluster TD/INT ratio puts him squarely in the company of a long list of NFL one-hit wonders.

Joe Namath was only truly relevant for 3 or 4 hours on one Sunday in NFL history.... and he's been milking it ever since.

Namath is a :edit:

When the Jets were on Hard Knocks, Broadway Joe stopped by and had "words of wisdom" about how to take a snap from center for Sanchez. It was like the guy was talking out of his behind. I forget exactly what he said but listening to him had me so jacked up it felt like I had 20 Red Bulls in my system at once!