Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Draft and Weekly Questions 2020 - discuss here

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

I did well in fantasy football Sunday. Russell Wilson, Austin Ekeler and the Colts defense gave me 86 points. Then there were my other players, so I had close to 150 and got a little bonus. :td: Good day!

I had RW, Dalvin Cook, Jeff Wilson Jr., Hopkins, Lockett, Corey Davis, Mike Gesicki and Steelers with 6 pts for passing TD. Scored 170, probably my best week in years. It never lasts long, will take it when I get it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, aavmarine said:

I'm in 2 leagues, and I have Darren Waller as my TE in both. As my backup I have Fant and Gesicki, and thinking about starting them instead. Thoughts? Also, Goff over Ryan?

Ryan mainly because the Giants are toothless on offense and Goff would not need to air it out nearly as much to keep up while Ryan is going to fight to keep up production vs the Packers.

Gesicki because Seahawks and RW will score plenty, and Seahawks give up ton of production in the slot. Gage in game 1 had a career game in the slot. Edelman had a career game on SNF. The no name Cowboy "Cedric Wilson" poached CeeDee Lamb production in the slot and got 2 huge TDs. If you play WR/TE in the middle, you are going to get some production vs Seahawks. So, I am playing Gesicki too. The floor is high enough in this matchup. The ceiling, like Cedric Wilson vs CeeDee Lamb, you may have someone get the 20 plus points vs 10 for Lamb though both play the middle area but the floor is still high like I said.

Wagner and K.J.Wright might be good for a few things but they don't have a youth movement on LB yet like the Colts do.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Ryan mainly because the Giants are toothless on offense and Goff would not need to air it out nearly as much to keep up while Ryan is going to fight to keep up production vs the Packers.

Gesicki because Seahawks and RW will score plenty, and Seahawks give up ton of production in the slot. Gage in game 1 had a career game in the slot. Edelman had a career game on SNF. The no name Cowboy "Cedric Wilson" poached CeeDee Lamb production in the slot and got 2 huge TDs. If you play WR/TE in the middle, you are going to get some production vs Seahawks. So, I am playing Gesicki too. The floor is high enough in this matchup. The ceiling, like Cedric Wilson vs CeeDee Lamb, you may have someone get the 20 plus points vs 10 for Lamb though both play the middle area but the floor is still high like I said.

Wagner and K.J.Wright might be good for a few things but they don't have a youth movement on LB yet like the Colts do.

Thanks for your input!!! I'll  take your word on Ryan. I'm  going to go ahead and start Fant over Waller tonight. Thanks again...

@Jared Cisneros @teganslaw @Narcosys - this is my bench in a particular league and I need to drop one, who do I drop?

Cam Akers, Nyheim Hines, Latavius Murray, Jeff Wilson Jr., Devonta Freeman, Brandin Cooks, Corey Davis

My starters right now are: Russell Wilson, Dalvin Cook, Rex Burkhead, Hopkins, Lockett, Golladay, Gesicki

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Jared Cisneros @teganslaw @Narcosys - this is my bench in a particular league and I need to drop one, who do I drop?

Cam Akers, Nyheim Hines, Latavius Murray, Jeff Wilson Jr., Devonta Freeman, Brandin Cooks, Corey Davis

My starters right now are: Russell Wilson, Dalvin Cook, Rex Burkhead, Hopkins, Lockett, Golladay, Gesicki

Honestly, I'd drop Freeman. He looked useless last week on the Giants and they have literally no offense. The others have some use at RB IMO, and Cooks and Davis are decent. Freeman may not even play too much with Lewis and Gallman taking carries. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly, I'd drop Freeman. He looked useless last week on the Giants and they have literally no offense. The others have some use at RB IMO, and Cooks and Davis are decent. Freeman may not even play too much with Lewis and Gallman taking carries. 

Thanks, the reason I am asking is my IR spot guy Deebo Samuel is returning. That is why.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, chad72 said:

I think Freeman becomes more prominent.  But the giants do stink. At least Freeman catches.  I would drop an RB. Murray most likely. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I think Freeman becomes more prominent.  But the giants do stink. At least Freeman catches.  I would drop an RB. Murray most likely. 

Once Mostert returns, Jeff Wilson Jr. has little value left???

Murray is at least #2,  Akers is most likely #2, Hines #2, Burkhead #2 or #3, and Jeff Wilson becomes #4 once Coleman returns.

This week was a dud in fantasy. I had Sunday's lineup, but with KC-NE moved to Monday, I didn't check  in time to adjust my lineup. Players were removed, and didn't count. 

Ekeler left the game in the first quarter, so I only got  a couple points from him. 

After last week's success, I guess it was bound to happen.  Can't win all the time. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

This week was a dud in fantasy. I had Sunday's lineup, but with KC-NE moved to Monday, I didn't check  in time to adjust my lineup. Players were removed, and didn't count. 

Ekeler left the game in the first quarter, so I only got  a couple points from him. 

After last week's success, I guess it was bound to happen.  Can't win all the time. 

Yep. I played Jeff Wilson Jr. instead of Latavius Murray in my RB2 and pushed my luck too far. I am ahead by 14,5 and my opponent has Matt Ryan, pretty much a done deal with 6 pts. for a TD!!! No way I am going to win.

15 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yep. I played Jeff Wilson Jr. instead of Latavius Murray in my RB2 and pushed my luck too far. I am ahead by 14,5 and my opponent has Matt Ryan, pretty much a done deal with 6 pts. for a TD!!! No way I am going to win.

@teganslaw - Never say never, I guess. Matt Ryan didn’t throw a TD and I won by 1 point, lol :) 

• Like 1

Weekly fantasy PPR tournament: I have Jerrick McKinnon in a lineup vs Miami. Raheem Mostert might be able to play this Sunday, but I won't know yet. My question: 

If Mostert takes the field, should I insert him in the lineup instead of McKinnon? Or ride with McKinnon no matter what happens? 

9 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Weekly fantasy PPR tournament: I have Jerrick McKinnon in a lineup vs Miami. Raheem Mostert might be able to play this Sunday, but I won't know yet. My question: 

If Mostert takes the field, should I insert him in the lineup instead of McKinnon? Or ride with McKinnon no matter what happens? 

If he takes the field, yes, insert him. It would be an RBC though due to him coming off an injury.

Are you using him as an RB2 or FLEX? What are your other options?

Mckinnon is RB2. My other RB is Helaire, and FLEX is James Robinson. 

My other choices are Kareem Hunt, or Mike Davis vs Atlanta. Hunt is coming off a groin injury, so not sure. Davis faces a bad defense, so he could be an option. 

3 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Mckinnon is RB2. My other RB is Helaire, and FLEX is James Robinson. 

My other choices are Kareem Hunt, or Mike Davis vs Atlanta. Hunt is coming off a groin injury, so not sure. Davis faces a bad defense, so he could be an option. 

CEH, James Robinson and Mike Davis, that is what I would go with. Uncertainty with 49ers and Hunt could come up short vs Colts.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, chad72 said:

CEH, James Robinson and Mike Davis, that is what I would go with. Uncertainty with 49ers and Hunt could come up short vs Colts.

Did that feel as odd to type as it was to read?

How refreshing.

• Like 1
On 10/9/2020 at 10:47 PM, buccolts said:

Did that feel as odd to type as it was to read?

How refreshing.

There is the receiving aspect where Hunt seems to win though. Their OL is very good to give Baker time, as we found out. 

• Like 1

Aaron Rodgers is killing me in fantasy. No touchdowns, 3 interceptions, getting sacks. He was getting a lot of hype, so the day I have in my lineup, he plays badly. :wall: 

I think I found a gem in Chase Claypool, though. I didn't expect him to have a game like last week, but he is becoming an important weapon in the Steelers offense.