Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Draft and Weekly Questions 2020 - discuss here


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Paging @Jared Cisneros @Narcosys @teganslaw - the usual participants that provide feedback.   Place your questions regarding the draft and weekly lineup questions for the 2020 season here. T

Early season Mack but late season Taylor, just like Addai came on strongly in 2006. That is why I feel Taylor is a round early and Mack is a round late in the rankings.     Just my two cents

Go Mack. He is the starter right now, and in a contract year. He also is catching passes in practice while Taylor is struggling. They both should get equal carries a game, and you should be able to ge

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Paging @Jared Cisneros @Narcosys @teganslaw - the usual participants that provide feedback.

 

Place your questions regarding the draft and weekly lineup questions for the 2020 season here. Thanks!!

Hey Chad, sorry about getting mad at you on the elite forum. I wasn't mad about joining, more the fact that I took your comment about me joining the Joe's league as singling me out and demeaning me. I apologize for that and you are way too good of a poster to have any animosity with. So are we still friends? :thmup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Hey Chad, sorry about getting mad at you on the elite forum. I wasn't mad about joining, more the fact that I took your comment about me joining the Joe's league as singling me out and demeaning me. I apologize for that and you are way too good of a poster to have any animosity with. So are we still friends? :thmup:

 

We were always friends and still are.

 

Just because I had to state the rules and enforce them doesn't mean I did not respect your fantasy skills. As commish, I am supposed to stick to the rules and was just explaining them to you. You may be an FF guru but since Elite league admission is by invite only, we have to enforce it. It is like moving Thanksgiving to October, allowing a guy to join the Elite league without going through the Joe's league, some traditions have to be stuck to. :thmup:

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, buccolts said:

Taylor or Mack?

 

Early season Mack but late season Taylor, just like Addai came on strongly in 2006. That is why I feel Taylor is a round early and Mack is a round late in the rankings. :) 

 

Just my two cents. Plus, Hines will be catching a lot of balls when we play from behind against better teams, and our RB situation could really quickly get muddy like NE RBs, IMO. None of these guys are better than a FLEX position RB, IMO. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Taylor or Mack?

Go Mack. He is the starter right now, and in a contract year. He also is catching passes in practice while Taylor is struggling. They both should get equal carries a game, and you should be able to get Mack  a bit later in drafts.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 team standard draft at work, picking at No.3, this is what I got:

 

QB: Lamar Jackson, Tom Brady

RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Josh Jacobs, Cam Akers, Marlon Mack

WR: Tyler Lockett, T.Y.Hilton, Tyler Boyd, Sterling Shephard, DeSean Jackson

TE: Mark Andrews

DEF: Vikings, Broncos

K: Jason Myers

 

I think I did good. Thoughts?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros - I’m drafting at the end of a 12 team half-PPR league. That means it’s going to be about 22 picks before my next pick arrives.

 

I know folks reach for RBs and if that happens and Davante Adams is there at No.12, do I draft him? If my choices were to be (say) Chubb, Ekeler, Drake on the board and Adams is there, do I still go 2 RBs or pull the trigger on Davante and 1 RB back-to-back? My draft is on Monday. I’ve gone back and forth on this thought so many times realizing that by the time pick No.36 comes around, most star RBs are gone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros - I’m drafting at the end of a 12 team half-PPR league. That means it’s going to be about 22 picks before my next pick arrives.

 

I know folks reach for RBs and if that happens and Davante Adams is there at No.12, do I draft him? If my choices were to be (say) Chubb, Ekeler, Drake on the board and Adams is there, do I still go 2 RBs or pull the trigger on Davante and 1 RB back-to-back? My draft is on Monday.

In half PPR I would take back to back RBs. I actually did a couple mocks with a best friend of mine and he was at 12 and I was at 11, and he got destroyed for not going RB, RB. They will go quickly. There's really about 13 RBs you want this year and picking at the end of the first round nets you two of them. You can get WRs later. Chubb and Ekeler would be really solid in half-ppr. Drake would be fine as well. In fact, I wouldn't mind Mixon either. Get two RBs, and you can get WRs later.

 

The ONLY exception to this is if Michael Thomas falls to 12, otherwise, go RB, RB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

In half PPR I would take back to back RBs. I actually did a couple mocks with a best friend of mine and he was at 12 and I was at 11, and he got destroyed for not going RB, RB. They will go quickly. There's really about 13 RBs you want this year and picking at the end of the first round nets you two of them. You can get WRs later. Chubb and Ekeler would be really solid in half-ppr. Drake would be fine as well. In fact, I wouldn't mind Mixon either. Get two RBs, and you can get WRs later.

 

The ONLY exception to this is if Michael Thomas falls to 12, otherwise, go RB, RB.


Now fast forward to end of Round 3 and beginning of Round 4, the second tier of QBs seemed to be going in end of Rounds 4 and beginning of Round 5. I’m talking about  the 4 guys Prescott, Wilson, Watson and Murray. If I don’t pull the trigger on a QB at No.36 or 37, they could all be gone by pick No.60. 
 

Thoughts?? I like Prescott’s legs and yards potential but like RW’s December record and schedule down the stretch. Who do you like there?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:


Now fast forward to end of Round 3 and beginning of Round 4, the second tier of QBs seemed to be going in end of Rounds 4 and beginning of Round 5. I’m talking about  the 4 guys Prescott, Wilson, Watson and Murray. If I don’t pull the trigger on a QB at No.36 or 37, they could all be gone by pick No.60. 
 

Thoughts??

Is your league 4 or 6 points per passing TD? If it's 4, then QB's aren't very important and I would completely avoid them again on the turnaround. If it's 6, I'd probably grab Watson or Murray. Honestly though, QBs are just so deep that I would probably wait til the mid-rounds and scoop two of them up like Matt Ryan and Daniel Jones. The best course of action IMO, is to probably pick two WR's in rounds 3 and 4 in a PPR league and start planning for your QB in rounds 5 and 6 to combo with one of those WR's. Something like Ridley and Matt Ryan for example. You can wait on QBs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Is your league 4 or 6 points per passing TD? If it's 4, then QB's aren't very important and I would completely avoid them again on the turnaround. If it's 6, I'd probably grab Watson or Murray. Honestly though, QBs are just so deep that I would probably wait til the mid-rounds and scoop two of them up like Matt Ryan and Daniel Jones. The best course of action IMO, is to probably pick two WR's in rounds 3 and 4 in a PPR league and start planning for your QB in rounds 5 and 6 to combo with one of those WR's. Something like Ridley and Matt Ryan for example. You can wait on QBs.


4 points per passing TD

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chad72 said:


4 points per passing TD

Ok, QB's are undervalued, and there's no point in reaching for one. Either go WR and RB, WR and WR, or WR and TE if you like Ertz or Andrews (I believe Andrews is superior in fantasy). You have to get a WR in rounds 3 or 4 in a point per ppr league. The next pick fully depends on BPA. Don't be afraid to take another RB if a starter falls to the end of round 3/start of round 4 like Gurley, Conner, David Johnson. Those guys would be really good depth and not everyone gets three starting rbs in a 12 team league. Make sure to get your guy at WR (there will be one), then get your other guy at a position other than QB. Next go around, plan for QB depending on what the rest of the league does. A second tier QB may even fall to you and you could get a steal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ok, QB's are undervalued, and there's no point in reaching for one. Either go WR and RB, WR and WR, or WR and TE if you like Ertz or Andrews (I believe Andrews is superior in fantasy). You have to get a WR in rounds 3 or 4 in a point per ppr league. The next pick fully depends on BPA. Don't be afraid to take another RB if a starter falls to the end of round 3/start of round 4 like Gurley, Conner, David Johnson. Those guys would be really good depth and not everyone gets three starting rbs in a 12 team league. Make sure to get your guy at WR (there will be one), then get your other guy at a position other than QB. Next go around, plan for QB depending on what the rest of the league does. A second tier QB may even fall to you and you could get a steal.


If Mahomes or Lamar were available at number 36, would you pull the trigger? Even if it is four points for passing touchdown?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chad72 said:


If Mahomes or Lamar were available at number 36, would you pull the trigger? Even if it is four points for passing touchdown?

I'm fine with that honestly. Lamar separates from the rest of the leagues with 1,000 plus rushing yds in a qb format where the rushing yds are more valuable. Mahomes is closer, but I would still do it honestly. He's in that tier 1 with Lamar and the Chiefs offense will score 3-4 tds per game. If you do this though, you MUST have two RBs and one WR as your other 3 picks at that point to balance it out that way you don't get destroyed at those positions. If Lamar and Mahomes fall to you by a stroke of luck, then it means RBs have disappeared and so have the top WRs to an extent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2020 at 10:10 AM, chad72 said:

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros - I’m drafting at the end of a 12 team half-PPR league. That means it’s going to be about 22 picks before my next pick arrives.

 

I know folks reach for RBs and if that happens and Davante Adams is there at No.12, do I draft him? If my choices were to be (say) Chubb, Ekeler, Drake on the board and Adams is there, do I still go 2 RBs or pull the trigger on Davante and 1 RB back-to-back? My draft is on Monday. I’ve gone back and forth on this thought so many times realizing that by the time pick No.36 comes around, most star RBs are gone. 

I may not be much use this year.  Ive been so busy I didn't even know who was sitting until the day of my draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2020 at 11:16 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

In half PPR I would take back to back RBs. I actually did a couple mocks with a best friend of mine and he was at 12 and I was at 11, and he got destroyed for not going RB, RB. They will go quickly. There's really about 13 RBs you want this year and picking at the end of the first round nets you two of them. You can get WRs later. Chubb and Ekeler would be really solid in half-ppr. Drake would be fine as well. In fact, I wouldn't mind Mixon either. Get two RBs, and you can get WRs later.

 

The ONLY exception to this is if Michael Thomas falls to 12, otherwise, go RB, RB.

 

I got Drake and Ekeler in half-PPR picking at No.12. I have buyer's remorse a bit, wondering if I should have gone Mixon and Ekeler instead due to the greater opportunities for Mixon over Drake. But then, Drake might be in a better offense that moves the ball more.

 

Regardless, Drake, Ekeler, Mark Ingram and Chris Thompson are my half-PPR RBs. I can play WR/TE in all my pass catching positions - so I went with Tyler Lockett, Mark Andrews, Julian Edelman, Sterling Shephard, Hayden Hurst and DeSean Jackson. QB is Kyler Murray, DST is Steelers. Hopefully it works out for me. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Daily fantasy tournament PPR: RB Kenyon Drake against SF or Devin Singletary vs Jets?  I'm thinking Arizona might be more pass happy because of Hopkins, and that might limit Drake. The Bills also have Zack Moss, so maybe Singletary would have to split snaps with him. Both cost the same, any thoughts on who would be better? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Daily fantasy tournament PPR: RB Kenyon Drake against SF or Devin Singletary vs Jets?  I'm thinking Arizona might be more pass happy because of Hopkins, and that might limit Drake. The Bills also have Zack Moss, so maybe Singletary would have to split snaps with him. Both cost the same, any thoughts on who would be better? 

 

Jets have a very stout run D, so does SF. However, the Jets pass rush and secondary is not the same as SF, due to which Josh Allen should be able to take some shots down the field. Kyler Murray will be running or checking down more than Josh Allen, due to which the receiving portion will keep Drake busy, IMO.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aavmarine said:

Singletary or Mack

Thanks

Definitely Mack. Singletary is in a timeshare with Zack Moss. Moss will get the goal-line carries most likely, and be on the field in a committee with Singletary. Not only that, the Jets have an excellent run defense. Mack will be the starter, and is against a much worse Jags defense. Taylor hasn't done well in the pass game yet in training camp and practices, so Mack will get you additional value there as well where he seemed to thrive with Rivers. 

 

It's actually very close, but I'm very high on Moss and I think Singletary could loss ahold of the job very quickly where Mack should get 15 carries, a few receptions, and possibly goal-line carries. The run defense is also much easier to face in Jax where the Colts should have some garbage time running plays. I've seen the Jets stop the run very well, it's literally the one thing they can do. Go Mack to be safe week 1 and evaluate from there. Good Luck!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Definitely Mack. Singletary is in a timeshare with Zack Moss. Moss will get the goal-line carries most likely, and be on the field in a committee with Singletary. Not only that, the Jets have an excellent run defense. Mack will be the starter, and is against a much worse Jags defense. Taylor hasn't done well in the pass game yet in training camp and practices, so Mack will get you additional value there as well where he seemed to thrive with Rivers. 

 

It's actually very close, but I'm very high on Moss and I think Singletary could loss ahold of the job very quickly where Mack should get 15 carries, a few receptions, and possibly goal-line carries. The run defense is also much easier to face in Jax where the Colts should have some garbage time running plays. I've seen the Jets stop the run very well, it's literally the one thing they can do. Go Mack to be safe week 1 and evaluate from there. Good Luck!

Ya I drafted moss pretty quickly, around 6th +or- a round

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

Ya I drafted moss pretty quickly, around 6th +or- a round

A while back, in my best friends ESPN League, someone dropped Zack Moss. Our league is a 10 team league, but has two QB, ten IDP players, and 10 bench players with 32 overall spots. We have a 6 RB limit, so immediately after it happened, I traded Phillip Lindsay for Diontae Johnson (1 Point PPR league), and then picked up Zack Moss with my waiver priority (I had the 2nd priority, so I took a slight risk). So basically I got a no4 WR in Diontae Johnson for free, and swapped Lindsay for Moss. All I had to do was drop my 2nd defense to do so lol.

 

Just something fun that happened that I thought you'd enjoy hearing, but I love Moss this year and he should be a decent no2 fantasy back by the end of the year. Good job drafting him! :thmup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'll be entering Christian McCaffrey into my fantasy lineups. He had 96 yards, and yet hadn't been used as often in the game as he could have been. As far as other players, it will depend on the matchup. However, like last year, it doesn't matter who McCaffrey faces: he's in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I think I'll be entering Christian McCaffrey into my fantasy lineups. He had 96 yards, and yet hadn't been used as often in the game as he could have been. As far as other players, it will depend on the matchup. However, like last year, it doesn't matter who McCaffrey faces: he's in. 

 

I did not think it was even a question, whether to play CMC or not in any game. You don't spend a Top 2 or 3 pick to put him on the bench in any game, to be honest. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jared Cisneros @Narcosys - would you still play Mark Ingram in a flex spot vs Texans? His calling card was TDs and yards, more so TDs in games without many yards. If Dobbins eats into it, it shoots his value. Was it game flow vs the Browns because he did actually get more carries than Dobbins except Dobbins got 2 goal line carries and Ingram 1?

 

Thoughts??

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Jared Cisneros @Narcosys - would you still play Mark Ingram in a flex spot vs Texans? His calling card was TDs and yards, more so TDs in games without many yards. If Dobbins eats into it, it shoots his value. Was it game flow vs the Browns because he did actually get more carries than Dobbins except Dobbins got 2 goal line carries and Ingram 1?

 

Thoughts??

It depends what your other options are, but I probably wouldn't. Dobbins is definitely destroying his fantasy value at this point at RB, and Lamar doesn't help either. Not saying he's a bust, but I'd probably sit him until he produces for a week or has a great matchup.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It depends what your other options are, but I probably wouldn't. Dobbins is definitely destroying his fantasy value at this point at RB, and Lamar doesn't help either. Not saying he's a bust, but I'd probably sit him until he produces for a week or has a great matchup.

 

Julian Edelman is my other option. I do plan to hit waivers and try to get Adrian Peterson. Mind you, this is for Flex - Ekeler and Drake are my primary RBs.

 

Not going to apologize for a win but a 2.5 point win made the difference between No.4 on the waiver wire versus No.7 since I was the lowest scoring winning team sitting at No.6 in the league. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

Julian Edelman is my other option. I do plan to hit waivers and try to get Adrian Peterson. Mind you, this is for Flex - Ekeler and Drake are my primary RBs.

 

Not going to apologize for a win but a 2.5 point win made the difference between No.4 on the waiver wire versus No.7 since I was the lowest scoring winning team sitting at No.6 in the league. :) 

 

@Jared Cisneros - got Adrian Peterson and I think will play him over Mark Ingram this weekend for Flex RB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Daily fantasy tournament PPR: I need a replacement for Christian McCaffrey. Jonathan Taylor is one of my RB's, but I'm not sure who else to use. Kenyon Drake vs Detroit; Austin Ekeler vs Carolina or Nick Chubb vs Washington. They all cost about the same, only about a $500 difference. Could fit any of them into my lineup.

 

Detroit and Carolina have bad run defenses, but Washington might have trouble with Cleveland. Any ideas? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 9:02 AM, teganslaw said:

Daily fantasy tournament PPR: I need a replacement for Christian McCaffrey. Jonathan Taylor is one of my RB's, but I'm not sure who else to use. Kenyon Drake vs Detroit; Austin Ekeler vs Carolina or Nick Chubb vs Washington. They all cost about the same, only about a $500 difference. Could fit any of them into my lineup.

 

Detroit and Carolina have bad run defenses, but Washington might have trouble with Cleveland. Any ideas? 

 

I would go with Ekeler for the PPR aspect since right now both Drake and Chubb are being used as 2 down backs without many receptions. It is likely in Ekeler's favor, IMO. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

@Jared Cisneros @Narcosys

 

Choosing 1 from these for a flex: DeSean Jackson, Mike Gesicki, Mark Ingram, Corey Davis

Love Gesicki and Davis. The Jaguars are 29th Vs the TE in two games and Fitzpatrick is targeting  Gesicki. I'm using him in multiple leagues this week. Corey Davis is also very solid and the Vikings got destroyed through the air by GB.

 

Don't use DeSean, he didn't get any targets in the 1st half last week Vs the Rams and Wentz has been horrible. Ingram won't get much production in a crowded backfield Vs the Chiefs in what will be a high flying shootout.

 

Trust me on this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Love Gesicki and Davis. The Jaguars are 29th Vs the TE in two games and Fitzpatrick is targeting  Gesicki. I'm using him in multiple leagues this week. Corey Davis is also very solid and the Vikings got destroyed through the air by GB.

 

Don't use DeSean, he didn't get any targets in the 1st half last week Vs the Rams and Wentz has been horrible. Ingram won't get much production in a crowded backfield Vs the Chiefs in what will be a high flying shootout.

 

Trust me on this.

 

I was leaning Gesicki but the Thursday night messes with my head a lot.  To give you more details, here they are:

 

ESPN league: 2 RBs, 2 WRs/TEs, 2 FLEX WR/RB/TE - bolded are my 6 starters

Drake, Ekeler, Lockett, Andrews, Edelman, Gesicki, Davis, Ingram, DJax, Gage

 

NFL league: 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE

Dalvin Cook, Devonta Freeman, Hopkins, Lockett, Golladay, Gesicki, Davis, DJax, Brandin Cooks, Hines, Malcolm Brown (LAR), Jeff Wilson (SF), Cam Akers

 

Now that you know the full picture, what do you think of the bolded? Going with 4 pass catchers in both.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

I was leaning Gesicki but the Thursday night messes with my head a lot.  To give you more details, here they are:

 

ESPN league: 2 RBs, 2 WRs/TEs, 2 FLEX WR/RB/TE - bolded are my 6 starters

Drake, Ekeler, Lockett, Andrews, Edelman, Gesicki, Davis, Ingram, DJax, Gage

 

NFL league: 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE

Dalvin Cook, Devonta Freeman, Hopkins, Lockett, Golladay, Gesicki, Davis, DJax, Brandin Cooks, Hines, Malcolm Brown (LAR), Jeff Wilson (SF), Cam Akers

 

Now that you know the full picture, what do you think of the bolded? Going with 4 pass catchers in both.

 

Devonta Freeman sounds horrible in the NFL league. Dion Lewis is going to get the majority of snaps and carries while Freeman needs to still get acclimated to the Offense. Your RBs are really rough. Is Joshua Kelley, Darrell Henderson, Mike Davis, or Jerrick McKinnon available to pick up? I would rather have any of them over Freeman this week.

 

I like how the ESPN league is though. keep everyone in bold there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Devonta Freeman sounds horrible in the NFL league. Dion Lewis is going to get the majority of snaps and carries while Freeman needs to still get acclimated to the Offense. Your RBs are really rough. Is Joshua Kelley, Darrell Henderson, Mike Davis, or Jerrick McKinnon available to pick up? I would rather have any of them over Freeman this week.

 

I like how the ESPN league is though. keep everyone in bold there.

 

Nope, none of those guys are available. Those are the options I have. I have kept winning my games but unable to land RBs due to my waiver priority. My QB is Russell Wilson, a big reason why. 

 

My best chances are with Jeff Wilson of SF, I feel, because both Mostert and Coleman are out. It is worth a dart throw, IMO since when Coleman was out last year, in 2 games, Jeff Wilson scored 4 TDs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Like I said months ago, there's 12 teams OVER the cap.  Bills(right at the cap), Titans and Bears and probably the Vikings, all of which are over the cap by less than 8 million can make easy, painless moves to get back under the cap without disruption to their rosters.  Course, that's not figuring on any signings, including the upcoming draft picks so they will have to be a little bit creative.   Chiefs, Texas, Raider, Rams, Packers and Falcons are between 15 million and 33 million over the cap. Expect some more drastic moves here too, especially with some of the starters,  I see some big time movements there.   However, the Steelers only have 35 players signed and are still  31+ million over so I'm not sure how they are going to do it. So really, they're in the next category   Saints, Eagles- Lets face it, very drastic and full rebuild mode. Even if Brees retires and the Eagles move Wentz, it doesn't help them very much. at 99 million and 52 million over the cap respectively, I see a LOT of their quality players moving. Has too. May not be a super star, but they've got some solid depth and starters that will get some money elesewhere.   As for the rest of the league, there's 6 teams sitting at minimal cap space, almost none after draft picks are figured in. I don't see many drastic moves from those 6. Maybe someone likes 49ers if they restructure someone or something.   That leaves 14 teams to fight over the players those first 12 most likely releases/trade. Tampa's effective cap is just 16.8 million, again, without the rookie reserve set aside. Really, the teams in pretty decent positions to sign their own and possibly pick up a really solid starter cast away or two are really the Bengals, Washington, New England, Indy, the Jets and the Jags. Of all the teams that made it to the post season, we have the most cap space of any of those teams. By far With the most players under contract too.  That part is KEY   I said a while back that I think we see a record number of 1 year prove it type deals where players who normally would be getting record setting contracts, end up with less than they would in a normal year, simply due to the 30 million reduction in cap. it really narrows what teams are going to be able to get in on the action.  Less bidders, with less money, typically results in lower prices. 
    • We have to stop treating Rivers like he is some young pup who is gonna run every play just as Frank calls it.  I believe that a future HoF like Rivers has the ability to audible any and every play depending on a look he gets from the defense.  Frank will defer to Rivers' judgment more often than not.  Frank even stated after the Steelers game that runs were called and Rivers audibled out of them.    Any wonder why Frank went to Jacoby on 2nd & 11 the following week vs the Jags?  Well he told us.  He "really wanted to run the ball right there and put the game away."  Even if they had to use 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down.  Why couldn't he keep Rivers in and run it?  Because he knew Rivers would audible out of some of those runs.  It was his M.O. this season.  Jags, Ravens and Steelers games were all close games we lead in the 2nd halves.  Why would Frank abandon running the ball in those games?  
    • I thought he had a pretty good season all things considered. If there's someone else out there that's better, so be it. By all means, upgrade if possible. But Rivers did what was expected of him this season, and helped get a 7-9 team to 11-5 and back in the playoffs.    If we don't bring Rivers back, I have a feeling it's more due to cap issues than performance. 
    • You understand rivers isn't the play caller....  right?
  • Members

    • Mick12Maher

      Mick12Maher 55

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Patrick Miller

      Patrick Miller 245

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hark

      Hark 335

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DiogoSales

      DiogoSales 56

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • RollerColt

      RollerColt 2,307

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • UKColt13

      UKColt13 155

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BillHill

      BillHill 5

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jvan1973

      jvan1973 4,674

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SicWhitted

      SicWhitted 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jbaron04

      jbaron04 76

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...