Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Panthers Signed G/c Mike Pollak, Formerly Of The Colts.

Busta

Panthers reportedly signed G/C Mike Pollak, formerly of the Colts.

The 2008 second-rounder has started 41 of 58 games the past four years, losing his job to former Arena Leaguer Kyle DeVan in 2009 and Jeff Linkenbach at mid-season last year. Pollak has been adequate as a pass blocker but ineffective as a run blocker in his four-year career. He could compete for the left guard vacancy created by Travelle Wharton's release.

Well, I don't really care that much anymore because of Samson Satele and the good depth at the C/G spot. Good to see him go to a team where he could possibly start. Schwartz is gone, so he could be their new RG. Wish him well, but i think the signing of Satele ended the stints of Pollak and Saturday in Indy.

Also, I find it very amusing how much people railed on Pollak while he was here, but now that he's signed with Carolina, suddenly he's this key loss.

This.

I thought Pollak got overly criticized when he was here, and I can't for the life of me understand why he got pulled in 2010, and for Linkenbach, of all people. But he's no stud lineman. We won't miss him. I wish him the best in Carolina.

And with that 0 players from the 2008 draft class are currently on the Colts roster (Wheeler and Tamme are free agents).

And I believe that was one of the first draft classes where Chris Polian took over...though that might not be correct. I heard it from a not-so-reliable source.

As for Pollak, best luck to him. He got better and better each year while beinig forced to play out of his natural position

Pollack, Wheeler, and Tamme are all good players. Sad to seem them all go.

Hey now don't get ahead of yourself...Wheeler isn't gone just yet (unless I missed a post or news update which is entirely possible). I really do hope we're able to keep him. I think he'd be a great addition to the new 3/4 hybrid defense. :)

Hey now don't get ahead of yourself...Wheeler isn't gone just yet (unless I missed a post or news update which is entirely possible). I really do hope we're able to keep him. I think he'd be a great addition to the new 3/4 hybrid defense. :)

I'm not sure he's been signed yet, but I believe I read he's visiting somewhere (Dolphins maybe?). I am pretty certain we won't resign him though. If we were going to, we already would have.