Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sun, 9/13 1:00 PM Colts vs Jags PREDICTIONS!

NannyMcafee

Im going to predict Rivers with 3 TDs 300 yards 0 int. 

Mack/Taylor will have 200 yards rushing combined, each with a TD. 

1 FG by new rookie kicker Blankenship. 

Final score: 

Colts 38

Jags 10

Not So Bold Prediction: The forums will have a meltdown and we will hear SB bound every day for the following 5 weeks. 

4 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Colts 27 Jaguars 24

Even though the Jags are one of the worst teams in the NFL, we always stink in week one. So I could definitely see the Jags putting up a fight against us and I honestly could even see them beating us. 

I thought the Colts looked really good in Week 1 last year, just some unlucky breaks with field goals. They certainly came to play. 

And Rivers typically plays well in Jacksonville. Last December they won 45-10 in Jax. 

I think the Colts put up a 50-burger.  

Colts 24

Jags 10

Think the passing offense starts the season off a little slow. Running game more than makes up for it.

Rivers 205 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Mack/Taylor 200 yards 2 TD’s

Defense will play well.

Feel like the way things are going for the Jags right now. This is a must win for the Colts... or yikes. Lol

I'm predicting a blowout, it's Philip's 1st game with his new team against an inferior opponent and alot of folks think he's done, so he probably feels like he's got alot to prove. I expect multiple touchdown passes, in his history against the Jags, Philip has only failed to throw at least 2 TD passes twice, and he threw 1 in each of those games: in his 1st game against them (a loss in 2007) and a win in 2013 in which he threw 1, and led 2 drives that resulted in rushing touchdowns.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/teamvsteam?opp=26

Jags are a 1 back team as far as rushing and today they released that 1 back......ummm no idea who totes the rock honestly undrafted rookie james Robinson of Illinois St ?  Ryquell Armstead who as a rookie ran for 108 for the season and 3.1 average after being a backup in college at Temple, Chris Thompson was has 878 yard in 7 seasons ? Seriously worst depth chart Ive ever seen in an NFL team...if they dont sign Devonta Freeman its obvious team is in full tank mode for Lawrence....

5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Jags are a 1 back team as far as rushing and today they released that 1 back......ummm no idea who totes the rock honestly undrafted rookie james Robinson of Illinois St ?  Ryquell Armstead who as a rookie ran for 108 for the season and 3.1 average after being a backup in college at Temple, Chris Thompson was has 878 yard in 7 seasons ? Seriously worst depth chart Ive ever seen in an NFL team...if they dont sign Devonta Freeman its obvious team is in full tank mode for Lawrence....

Wow I missed that. Jags might just be in the tank mode again

38-10 Colts

Rivers 363 yds 3 TD's 2 INTs

Mack 114 yds rushing 1 TD's.  56 yds receiving 1 TD

Taylor 64 yds rushing 1 TD

Hines 22 yds rushing 96 yds receiving 1 receiving TD

TY 119 yds receiving 1 TD

Defense

6 sacks.  2 by Lewis

3 INT's  Rock, Hooker and Maniac 

2 forced fumbles one recovered.

34-16

We get up early, and start running heavy late 2Q. It's a game we should hang half a hundy on them, but ramp it down so we don't show too much.

Rivers - 290ish yards, 2 TDs

Mack - 90ish yards rushing, 20 yards rcv, 1 TD

Taylor - 70ish yards, 10 yards rcv, 1 TD

Hines - 20ish yards, 50 yards rcv

TY - 110ish yards, 1 TD

Pittman - 30ish yards, 1 TD

Campbell - 30ish yards

Doyle - 20ish yards

MAC - 20ish yards

5 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

He was the 1 back I was alluding too

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

There are quite a few ecstatic fans in here. 

I think the Colts win but I'm thinking it will be a much closer score than most are going with.

First game of the season on the road with no pre season games, may not be as potent as some think?  

Plus it's in Jacksonville. We always seem to have issues with them away. 

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Plus it's in Jacksonville. We always seem to have issues with them away. 

True that but I'm a little worried about not having any pre season games to fine tune our play. 

I know all the teams are in that position but it's still a little concerning. 

A blow out for us would be sweet but just getting the win is more important to me. I don't care if it's by one point. :colts:

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

True that but I'm a little worried about not having any pre season games to fine tune our play. 

I know all the teams are in that position but it's still a little concerning. 

A blow out for us would be sweet but just getting the win is more important to me. I don't care if it's by one point. :colts:

For sure. We'll be rusty at the start. Hopefully the line and the run game can be polished enough to get us a win. I won't be expecting too much from Rivers and the receivers in the first half at least. 

19 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Jaguars 24 Colts 21

I think the team plays well overall but has a few key mistakes that lets the game slip away

I mean... If we lose this one, we might as well go 0-16. hahahaha  This is literally going to be the easiest game of the year. I don't see how there's a team worse than Jax right now?

Archived