Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaguars release Leonard Fournette

5 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I’d never thought I’d say this but; we don’t need him. I’m sure there’s going to be interest somewhere.

I think he will get allot of interest.   His yards per carry have only been 4.0 for his career, but he is a real good pass catcher.  

Yeah, he's trouble.  He hasn't done enough on the field to make up for his stupid crap off the field.  Someone will take him and try to turn him into Derrick Henry...

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Redskins, who released Guice, might pick him up, I am guessing. 

Or, the Seahawks, with Penny injured, might bring him in.

Houston, Tampa Bay, Bears, and the Pats are interested right now. Honestly just don't want Houston to get him.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My best friend just told me Bears are the frontrunners now.

I think Tampa, Chicago, Washington, LA Rams or Buffalo.   I suppose the Patriots could be in the mix, but they already have Sony Michel, James White, Rex Burkhead, Damien Harris, Lamar Miller and undrafted rookie J.J. Taylor.

There may be a method to Jacksonville's madness.  They divested themselves of Fournette's $4 million salary.  They suck and they're getting rid of their talent.  To suck more.  Perhaps to position themselves to get a certain Clemson QB in next year's draft?  Eh?

If you're gonna suck on purpose, it might as well be this season.

Then again, it just may be madness.  'Cause, Jacksonville.

11 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

There may be a method to Jacksonville's madness.  They divested themselves of Fournette's $4 million salary.  They suck and they're getting rid of their talent.  To suck more.  Perhaps to position themselves to get a certain Clemson QB in next year's draft?  Eh?

If you're gonna suck on purpose, it might as well be this season.

Then again, it just may be madness.  'Cause, Jacksonville.

its only 4 million?  That's a steal.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, ColtJax said:

His gigantic ego and 3.3 YPC average will be a game changer for some team..

he was better than that last year, on a pretty sad team that saw most of their good players demand a trade or release.  he probably wont live up to the # 4 pick but someone could get a good player for next to nothing here 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Prior to that he never got over 4 yards per carry though.  He's highly overrated if you ask me.  

Maybe a bit.   I don't know of many who think he is one of the best RB's out there, so he may be rated about right.   It's also tough to judge someone who played for the Jags.  He is probably better than some starting RB's in the NFL.  Not the Colts though.

In this article it says the Jags tried to trade him prior to releasing him.. https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-waive-rb-leonard-fournette-after-three-seasons?campaign=Twitter_atn

"Really just trying to take the team and put the best team together from what we've seen in our practices so, at the end of the day, I just felt that was the best decision for us as a team," coach Doug Marrone told reporters on why the decision was made so close to the season opener. "I think it gives us the best opportunity with the skillsets that we have with the other players in there, I just thought that was the best for the team and doing it now. We exhausted all trade opportunities; we weren't able to get anything there so I just felt that now we can work on the team and the plan and get ourselves ready for the season."

The Jags had been attempting to trade Fournette for months but found no takers.

Marrone explained his trade interest was essentially nonexistent.

"My question was, 'Can we get any value?' And we couldn't get any. Fifth, sixth, we couldn't get anything," he said.

If they couldn't get a 6th rounder for him, I'm assuming that means not a whole lot of teams are very interested in his services.

On 9/1/2020 at 12:33 PM, CurBeatElite said:

In this article it says the Jags tried to trade him prior to releasing him.. https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-waive-rb-leonard-fournette-after-three-seasons?campaign=Twitter_atn

"Really just trying to take the team and put the best team together from what we've seen in our practices so, at the end of the day, I just felt that was the best decision for us as a team," coach Doug Marrone told reporters on why the decision was made so close to the season opener. "I think it gives us the best opportunity with the skillsets that we have with the other players in there, I just thought that was the best for the team and doing it now. We exhausted all trade opportunities; we weren't able to get anything there so I just felt that now we can work on the team and the plan and get ourselves ready for the season."

The Jags had been attempting to trade Fournette for months but found no takers.

Marrone explained his trade interest was essentially nonexistent.

"My question was, 'Can we get any value?' And we couldn't get any. Fifth, sixth, we couldn't get anything," he said.

If they couldn't get a 6th rounder for him, I'm assuming that means not a whole lot of teams are very interested in his services.

They couldn’t get a 6th round pick, because no one wanted his contract at this point in the season.    $4 mill-plus.

His new deal said to be half that plus incentives.  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

They are gonna end up a joke.

8 - 8 tops 

Is Tampa as humid as Miami? Brady had problems with the high heat and humidity on a hit and miss basis in Miami. Granted, he has plenty of roots and trained in Cali but it is not the same as humid Florida. 8 home games in Florida is going to test him, I feel. 

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Is Tampa as humid as Miami? Brady had problems with the high heat and humidity on a hit and miss basis in Miami. Granted, he has plenty of roots and trained in Cali but it is not the same as humid Florida. 8 home games in Florida is going to test him, I feel. 

Tampa is not as humid. It is the northern part of the state but it is still Florida so very hot. I would think Brady will be Ok as he has been training down there since March. The Patriots always struggled because they are a cold weather team and Bill could never make the weather cooperate to be hot/humid in Sept. LOL.

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

4 million is nothing in the NFL. If not 1 team was interested in the former #4 pick who just ran for over 1100 yards, that speaks loudly as to how he's though of.

$4 mill is nothing when teams have money to spend...   like in March and April and May.

But $4 mill can be viewed as a lot when it’s just before the start of the season and teams are holding on to every last dollar for possible new contracts, like the Colts with Ryan Kelly or for a surprise player who may get cut.

A lot of money or a little money often depends on the time of year.  “When” often matters. 

7 hours ago, ColtJax said:

4 million is nothing in the NFL. If not 1 team was interested in the former #4 pick who just ran for over 1100 yards, that speaks loudly as to how he's though of.

wanted to revisit this, tampa was the front runner to sign him from the moment he was released and they dont even have 4 million in cap space

that is a significant number for a running back, no rb on the colts makes more than 2 mill this year.  if mack were on waivers for that number he probably clears too