Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags trade Ngakoue to

w87r

The Vikings for a 2021 2nd and 2022 conditional 5th round pick, that could become up to a 3rd if following conditions are met.

Sources said the fifth-round pick becomes a fourth-round pick if Ngakoue goes to the Pro Bowl this season and a third-round pick if Ngakoue is a Pro Bowler and the Vikings win the Super Bowl.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29771509/jaguars-agree-trade-de-yannick-ngakoue-vikings

Will be nice as Colts fan to only have to face him once this year, unless of course we meet in the SB. Which would still be nice. Lol

@NFLfan

29 minutes ago, w87r said:

The Vikings for a 2021 2nd and 2022 conditional 5th round pick, that could become up to a 3rd if following conditions are met.

Sources said the fifth-round pick becomes a fourth-round pick if Ngakoue goes to the Pro Bowl this season and a third-round pick if Ngakoue is a Pro Bowler and the Vikings win the Super Bowl.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29771509/jaguars-agree-trade-de-yannick-ngakoue-vikings

Will be nice as Colts fan to only have to face hike once this year, unless of course we meet in the SB. Which would still be nice. Lol

@NFLfan

Thank you! I like this trade very much. He is a good player.

I wonder why he fell out of favor with the Jags.

Just now, NFLfan said:

He demanded a trade from them, can't remember reasoning off top of head.

Should be a good pickup for the Vikings Defense. Great value.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Ngakoue takes pay cut in order to facilitate the trade.

A one source pegged it, the new salary will be in the range of $13.5 million. (That specific number has not been confirmed, yet.)

So, yes, he wanted out badly. Badly enough to walk away from $17.788 million in a state with no state income tax and to take $13.5 million in a state with a maximum rate of 9.85 percent.

17 minutes ago, runthepost said:

The Vikings defense line is illegal. Poor Mitch can’t take a break lmao

haha  We cannot beat the Bears. I believe we are 0-4 since Nagy took over. Cousins looks like a deer in the headlights against the Bears. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vikings division champs, book it. Not really because of this trade but I thought they would win the division anyway. 

They had a good draft now this trade I can see them winning the division. Especially since Green Bay did not address the receiver problem 

2 hours ago, w87r said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Ngakoue takes pay cut in order to facilitate the trade.

A one source pegged it, the new salary will be in the range of $13.5 million. (That specific number has not been confirmed, yet.)

So, yes, he wanted out badly. Badly enough to walk away from $17.788 million in a state with no state income tax and to take $13.5 million in a state with a maximum rate of 9.85 percent.

Taking a pay cut like that will probably have an impact on what Clowney is looking for.  From what I have been reading the Colts seem happy with our DL but Clowney might be more affordable now.  I would expect Ballard is always evaluating options.  This week leading up to cut downs should be very interesting throughout the league.  

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Taking a pay cut like that will probably have an impact on what Clowney is looking for.  From what I have been reading the Colts seem happy with our DL but Clowney might be more affordable now.  I would expect Ballard is always evaluating options.  This week leading up to cut downs should be very interesting throughout the league.  

The thing with Clowney and us is less about money though I think.

I really just think Ballard thinks it is the time to figure out what we have with our young DEs(Turay, Banogu, Lewis(hybrid), Muhammed).

Bringing in Clowney just reduces the opportunity to evaluate those guys.

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Because he's a 1 trick pony that wanted to be paid like he was Aaron Donald. He's a good pass rusher, but that's it. Teams would run right at him when they could. The Jags made a good offer, he thought more of himself than they did.

Man ... this is impressive...

Spotrac

@spotrac

·

8h

#Jags 1st-Rd Picks

2008: D. Harvey (cut)

2009: E. Monroe (traded)

2010: T. Alualu (extended)

2011: B. Gabbert (traded)

2012: J. Blackmon (susp.)

2013: L. Joeckel (declined)

2014: B. Bortles (extended)

2015: D. Fowler (traded)

2016: J. Ramsey (traded)

2017: L. Fournette (active)

13 hours ago, runthepost said:

They had a good draft now this trade I can see them winning the division. Especially since Green Bay did not address the receiver problem 

There were 200+ picks in the draft and the Vikings were responsible for about half that.

Archived