Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trey Burton injury and impact to TE

5 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

The tight end position the last few years has been meh unless you include Ebron and Luck connection. I think we will be fine if we can pick up someone and roll with it.

Very meh...and now Doyle is even hurt with a neck injury...and we know how those sometimes turn out. I have to believe they are looking at real options.

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

Very meh...and now Doyle is even hurt with a neck injury...and we know how those sometimes turn out. I have to believe they are looking at real options.

Doyle was back in practice in full pads today.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I agree that Blank would get scooped up the quickest.  Just look at all of the teams currently working out kickers.  The Bills cut Hushka to roll with an UDFA kicker.  Blank could have signed with anyone but from what I remember we paid him a very high signing bonus to sign with us.  That says something.  I could actually see them keeping Blank and trading Chase.  My guess is they already know who their kicker is and are probably putting the word out the other guy is available.  

I saw something on ESPN that mentioned 3 teams still looking for Ks. I think one was NE. I'm sure one of our Ks will end up there and play really, really, well lol.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, will426 said:

Meaning we’re built to run the ball and from what we’ve seen with our coach he wants to establish that early granted we do now have rivers so we can also explode passing but overall  we just got some big physical WR on the outside who both like to block followed by a pro bowl Fb  good run blocking Te’s Our oline and Mack/Jt expect a lot of running followed by play action 

To me, "run first" and "run capable" are two different things. I think we're "run capable". We'll use either run or pass early depending on who we play, and run late regardless if we have the leave. Like I said above, I predict we'll be around 60% or more passing, and that's not really run first. Doesn't mean we won't be top 10, or even top 5 in rushing yards.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Doyle was back in practice in full pads today.

That's good news...wonder what his level of participation was. From what I read...he wasn't doing full drills. Still...it's a step in the right direction.

23 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

That starts to get a bit messy. He'll have to be on the 53 after cutdown, for 24 hours, before he can go on IR. He can then come off IR after 3 weeks.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 4:05 PM, Dogg63 said:

Andrew Walker just posted that Rookie Danny Pinter is working on mastering multiple positions, including even a return to his roots at TE.

Goal line package today? lol

3 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

Any update on Burton?

I searched yesterday, and didn't find a peep.

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Noah played 51% of the snaps last week and coaches raved about his blocking, would be nice to see him with a couple targets today. We may have found a nice rookie hidden gem thanks Eagles.

I would be nice if he can catch well. A lot of TEs can block though. TBH though, I think they ride MAC in the passing game, which I'm good with after his breakout last week. 

What will be interesting to me, is the WR shakeup, especially at slot. With TY and Pittman outside, and Pascal getting the "official" nod at slot, I still expect to see some other guys rotate in there. Reich IIRC mentioned Hines, which I'd love. Hope to see Dulin as well. Also would love to see Patmon and Fountain get a little PT spelling Pittman and TY respectively.

9 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Funny thing with Noah was blocking was his big knock while receiving was his forte. Philly gave him a guaranteed $100,000 after the draft

I believe Noah was JB's target on that one he threw too short on today?

• Like 1