Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Proud to be a COLT... BLM

AustexColt

I am not African American and I lived through 1968 as a recent college graduate. I was not aware as I am now.  I live in Texas and I am 1000% in agreement with all that was said by the entire Colts organization. I am committed to improve in being an Anti-Racist, for this movement has made me aware that systemic racism needs to be fixed, and it begins with self awareness. Thank you and I hope the webmaster does not kick me out for this posting. 

2 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

I am not African American and I lived through 1968 as a recent college graduate. I was not aware as I am now.  I live in Texas and I am 1000% in agreement with all that was said by the entire Colts organization. I am committed to improve in being an Anti-Racist, for this movement has made me aware that systemic racism needs to be fixed, and it begins with self awareness. Thank you and I hope the webmaster does not kick me out for this posting. 

Let’s talk football and not this stuff. There are plenty of other forums to post things like this on. 

You won't be kicked out but this post will surely be locked shortly.  I'm 100% with you.  Unfortunately, being a decent human has become political and the very idea deeply offends and triggers a large portion of society, especially in our team's home state.

But yes, well done Colts.  Proud of my team.

There are now two videos on the front of the website.   I’d recommend everyone take a few minutes to view them.

You may not agree with them, but at least you’ll understand what the players and the owner, GM and HC are thinking.  

If you support this team, and who here doesn’t, then I think you owe it to yourself  to try to understand what they’re thinking.

A few minutes could help go a long way towards understanding what you’re favorite team thinks and does.   Hope you’ll view the videos. 

26 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Let’s talk football and not this stuff. There are plenty of other forums to post things like this on. 

There is a real easy way for you to not talk about "this stuff" or any other stuff that you don't want to talk about and it takes minimal effort... in fact... less than minimal effort... more like zero effort. 

26 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

If you wanted to talk football and not see content like this, why would you even open this thread? You just came to try and hush OP.

To OP,

Happy to see you make an effort in opening your eyes and support the team and players we all love. This post will almost assuredly be locked but thank you for posting it. Its all love and I am happy to have you on our side

I've been a fan for years. I am somewhat torn by this decision to go the direction in which the Colts have gone. It is disappointing that my favorite outlet has come to this but I understand it.  That said, I will accept this method over kneeling during the National Anthem every day.  

29 minutes ago, stitches said:

There is a real easy way for you to not talk about "this stuff" or any other stuff that you don't want to talk about and it takes minimal effort... in fact... less than minimal effort... more like zero effort. 

I disagree on this thought process a lot. Everywhere you look, facebook, instagram, twitter, google news, the back of cars this is talked about in abundance. There are far more out reaching places for OP to make his confession outside of the forum. This forum is my escape, everyone is blue in my eyes, this is where i come to escape the stress of social media and life in general, everyone stays clear of politics and generally race talks because here and only here can we talk about the same thing we all love and enjoy, and i am sure there are many others on here who feel the same way. IMHO this is a post for the OP to make to the public on other platforms not one where its just a username, I am glad OP can see it now because it sure sounds like he was blinded to it during one of the largest movements in U.S history where atrocities much much worse where committed. Look I don't care if someones opinion aligns with mine no matter if its left right up down i don't really care to see it on here.

19 minutes ago, twfish said:

I disagree on this thought process a lot. Everywhere you look, facebook, instagram, twitter, google news, the back of cars this is talked about in abundance. There are far more out reaching places for OP to make his confession outside of the forum. This forum is my escape, everyone is blue in my eyes, this is where i come to escape the stress of social media and life in general, everyone stays clear of politics and generally race talks because here and only here can we talk about the same thing we all love and enjoy, and i am sure there are many others on here who feel the same way. IMHO this is a post for the OP to make to the public on other platforms not one where its just a username, I am glad OP can see it now because it sure sounds like he was blinded to it during one of the largest movements in U.S history where atrocities much much worse where committed. Look I don't care if someones opinion aligns with mine no matter if its left right up down i don't really care to see it on here.

Is his post something connected to the Colts or not? It very obviously is! Is this a Colts forum or not? Then of course this post has a place here. 

The thread is VERY CLEARLY titled and gives you VERY CLEAR idea about what it's going to talk about. Noone is forcing you to click on it. Noone is forcing you to read it. Noone is forcing you to engage with it in any way whatsoever. You see the title and just skip it if the topic stresses you this much. It literally takes nothing out of you to not click on this thread and not read it and not post a response to it, but it gives a platform for someone else who finds it important to share their feelings and views about the way the Colts are handling an important issue that's in the center of public life currently.

It's not that hard to participate in the discussions you want to participate in and to ignore the ones you have no interest in. You want no politics and race in your Colts topics, other people feel the need to share their thoughts on those specific topics, especially when connected with the Colts. Your needs and desires are not any more or less valuable than other peoples' here. Just live and let live. As long as it's Colts related, let the people who want to engage in the topic and find value in it, do it, and at the same time you are welcome to engage in the topics you find value in without shutting down others. 

The moderators have chosen to not moderate this thread. It is news because it is the lead story on Colts.com and thus is appropriate for the Colts forum.

However we had another thread that became divisive and ugly. As a result, we don't currently see this topic having productive outcome here.

I recommend people read what the players and coaches had to say about Social Justice and their plan of action

https://www.colts.com/news/jacoby-brissett-zaire-franklin-frank-reich-chris-ballard-social-justice

Thanks to everyone who join the Colts in taking a stand against systemic racism.

Archived