Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wednesday's #ColtsCamp Practice: Philip Rivers Pushes The Ball Down The Field, Trey Burton Shines, Rock Ya-Sin/Xavier Rhodes Show Off Physicality


Recommended Posts

Thanks Andrew.  I sure hope that Rhodes beating up on Pittman is going to be a case of "iron sharpens iron".  The kid is going to face DBs who are going to try to manhandle him all year. 

 

We're counting on him to big body those guys.  If he can't do it to Rhodes or Rock, he's not going to have much luck in this league.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Love these.........

 

"The Colts had several guys returning to the field today after extended absences, including tight end

Jack Doyle, running back Jordan Wilkins, cornerback Isaiah Rodgers and guard Chaz Green"

 

"Hilton was able to outrace everyone to the sideline, where he seemingly went into another gear. Hilton clearly still has that burst that has made him one of the best big-play wide receivers in the NFL"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, krunk said:

Seems like Rhodes has whipped the Rook the whole camp. Hasnt caught a thing against him whole camp

Rhodes has owned Pittman, but it's  a good thing. If Pittman  wants to play physically at nfl level  he needs to be able to handle  Rhodes who is probably  most physically  than most dbs

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fountain and Patmon mentioned again today in the notes making plays.....from Rivers. Good sign for them.

 

Johnson being injured means the same as last year......waived-injured......then finds his way back to the PS. 

 

Dulin goes to the PS as well unless someone scoops him up during waivers.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love hearing Rhodes is playing well. I hate hearing he's owning Pittman though lol. I thought Pittman would play more physical. Welcome to the NFL young man. He's was touted as a contested catcher so a bit concerned. I know it's early...

 

Patmon, who is has a rep of not playing physical (up to his size) seems to be doing well, but at the same time, sounds like a lot different routes (compared to Pittman). I'd love to see them both vs the same DBs, same QB, with the same route.

 

I still think Dulin makes it. Has WR position flexibility, great measureables, returns, and can play gunner. 

 

Everything about Fountain sounds positive. Campbell in concussion protocol. Holy cow is the kid cursed or what.

 

I hate not having preseason games. I'd love to at least see what positions the WRs are playing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love seeing how many Chargers fans have come aboard here like myself!

 

I can't believe being a lifelong Chargers fan how I excited I am for this Colts season.

 

I have been a Bolts fan since Dan Fouts and I didn't leave the Chargers then but I have zero excitement this year for the Chargers (I think their defense can be number one but have zero excitement for their QB's which are needed to make a playoff run).

 

I realized that for the past 15 plus years every year I have been excited primarily for what Rivers can accomplish that year, ergo I love Rivers > Chargers.

 

I hope I'm right and will get a lot of flack for this but I think 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025 will show Colts fans the best QB you've ever had was Rivers and you'll hate me for saying it now but thank me in 2026 after multiple SuperBowls!!!

 

My only fear is OL always seems to get hurt protecting Rivers.  I hope that finally changes in a new city.  I am also worried there is no Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson receivers for Rivers, hopefully some studs come along and catch everything he throws their way.

 

#ColtUp!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing about scrimmages is that it’s a zero sum game.  We’re thrilled when someone makes a great play.  But that also means someone didn’t do their job.

 

I loved hearing how the offense marched down the field in the second half of that “game”.  But then it makes me concerned about the defense’s ability to stop the run.  
 

Yes @EastStreet, I really miss preseason games too.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChargingColts said:

I love seeing how many Chargers fans have come aboard here like myself!

 

I can't believe being a lifelong Chargers fan how I excited I am for this Colts season.

 

I have been a Bolts fan since Dan Fouts and I didn't leave the Chargers then but I have zero excitement this year for the Chargers (I think their defense can be number one but have zero excitement for their QB's which are needed to make a playoff run).

 

I realized that for the past 15 plus years every year I have been excited primarily for what Rivers can accomplish that year, ergo I love Rivers > Chargers.

 

I hope I'm right and will get a lot of flack for this but I think 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025 will show Colts fans the best QB you've ever had was Rivers and you'll hate me for saying it now but thank me in 2026 after multiple SuperBowls!!!

 

My only fear is OL always seems to get hurt protecting Rivers.  I hope that finally changes in a new city.  I am also worried there is no Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson receivers for Rivers, hopefully some studs come along and catch everything he throws their way.

 

#ColtUp!

Rivers publicly stated earlier this year that he wants to play two years max. He already has a job lined up to coach football when he retires. He will never be viewed like Manning.
 

Colts fans have been very welcoming as we jump on the bandwagon in droves but it won’t continue if we post takes like this. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Smonroe said:

The thing about scrimmages is that it’s a zero sum game.  We’re thrilled when someone makes a great play.  But that also means someone didn’t do their job.

 

I loved hearing how the offense marched down the field in the second half of that “game”.  But then it makes me concerned about the defense’s ability to stop the run.  
 

Yes @EastStreet, I really miss preseason games too.

Yup, just like I love hearing that Rhodes is doing well, but I'm sick to my stomach hearing that he's owning Pittman lol.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Rivers publicly stated earlier this year that he wants to play two years max. He already has a job lined up to coach football when he retires. He will never be viewed like Manning.
 

Colts fans have been very welcoming as we jump on the bandwagon in droves but it won’t continue if we post takes like this. 

I and others have zero issues with Rivers coaching his kids game on Friday night and QBing in the NFL on Sunday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Rivers publicly stated earlier this year that he wants to play two years max. He already has a job lined up to coach football when he retires. He will never be viewed like Manning.
 

Colts fans have been very welcoming as we jump on the bandwagon in droves but it won’t continue if we post takes like this. 

:scratch:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 1:23 PM, Bolts2Colts said:

Rivers publicly stated earlier this year that he wants to play two years max. He already has a job lined up to coach football when he retires. He will never be viewed like Manning.
 

Colts fans have been very welcoming as we jump on the bandwagon in droves but it won’t continue if we post takes like this. 

Damn dude, he was just saying he was excited... The "best QB you've ever had" comment was probably a tad over optimistic (because he is clearly a Rivers fan... he says so much in his post). 

 

We all know Rivers doesn't hold a candle to Manning, but his enthusiasm is in the right place. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2020 at 2:10 PM, krunk said:

Seems like Rhodes has whipped the Rook the whole camp. Hasnt caught a thing against him whole camp

 

Hopefully that's more of a sign that Rhodes is back in first team all-pro form than it is a sign that Pittman is not going to live up to the hype as our top draft pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Forsure. Will be interesting to see if he's a flash in the pan, or if they try to incorporate him at all moving forward.
    • You already said no one can tell you different, which means you won't listen to anyone else, but I'm going to say this anyway.   This is really dumb.    It's true that black QBs get pigeon holed, sometimes get judged by different criteria (on and off the field), they might have fewer opportunities, get less second chances, and so on.    But Jacoby Brissett was replaced as the Colts starter because the Colts saw very clearly that he wasn't good enough to be the starting QB for a team with championship aspirations. Not because he's black.   JB had a couple above average games last year, but was mostly average or worse. Even when the team was 5-2 before his knee injury, JB was having unimpressive games, and there were obvious issues with his play. Many wouldn't listen, but several people highlighted his problems (including me), and those problems got worse and worse as the season went on. It got to the point that the coaches changed the play calling and basically started taking the ball out of his hands.    Then, despite the fact that they had just paid him more money than they needed to, they told him 'we're going in a different direction' and spent even more money on his replacement. It's not because he's black. It's because he didn't play well enough to rely on him as the starter. Same as white, ultra-Christian poster boy Tim Tebow was replaced in Denver, and only attempted 8 more passes in the NFL. JB is better than Tebow, but he's also started more games than Tebow, and has made more money.   (To the bolded, JB was the starter two of the last three seasons. The other season is the one in which Luck came back after shoulder surgery and a missed year, and started out slowly. Not really a fair representation of his ability as a QB.)   JB could lead this team, probably to 8 or 9 wins. That's not good enough. He doesn't make plays, he's not good at delivering the ball down the field (despite throwing a nice looking ball), his accuracy is inconsistent to all levels of the field, he doesn't go through his progressions fast enough to keep the offense on schedule (which is why dumpoff passes tended to gain little yardage), he takes too many sacks, etc. His limitations as an NFL QB are glaring and obvious. And a team that wants to compete for a championship can't have a QB like JB as their starter. Because he's not good enough.
    • If he's returning as well, I have zero problem with him taking a roster spot. We have guys already though that are good returners, and can do more. Rodgers, Hines, Dulin, etc. all have flashed. I'd like to see a good vert package, with our low 4.4 and 4.3 guys just obliterating the tops of Ds with 3-4 vert routes. Harris could fit that as well if he's decent against the press.
    • Look at how the bengals are run it’s not a secret or controversial to say they don’t go above and beyond to try to win like Irsay does with the Colts.  
    • Yeah fair point for sure. I guess it just depends on your expectations for a guy like him. IMO, even if he doesn't really develop more as a receiver, I think he can be a solid depth piece to a WR room. Especially given the fact he can return kicks and play RB in a pinch.   As limited as his route tree is, if he's on the field doing what he did, and teams know he's a one trick pony, they'll still have to account for him and give him the time of day, leaving openings else where.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...