Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wednesday's #ColtsCamp Practice: Philip Rivers Pushes The Ball Down The Field, Trey Burton Shines, Rock Ya-Sin/Xavier Rhodes Show Off Physicality

AWalkerColts

After a day off for the players on Tuesday, the Colts got right back to it today with their seventh of 11 scheduled fully-padded training camp practices. There was a clear emphasis by QB Philip Rivers to throw the ball down the field, and TE Trey Burton seemed to be a favorite target once again.

Also, Jack Doyle returns to practice, Justin Houston Pick Alert and a reception for ... Rivers? Check out the full notebook from today's practice by clicking here.

Thanks Andrew.  I sure hope that Rhodes beating up on Pittman is going to be a case of "iron sharpens iron".  The kid is going to face DBs who are going to try to manhandle him all year. 

We're counting on him to big body those guys.  If he can't do it to Rhodes or Rock, he's not going to have much luck in this league.

Love these.........

"The Colts had several guys returning to the field today after extended absences, including tight end

Jack Doyle, running back Jordan Wilkins, cornerback Isaiah Rodgers and guard Chaz Green"

"Hilton was able to outrace everyone to the sideline, where he seemingly went into another gear. Hilton clearly still has that burst that has made him one of the best big-play wide receivers in the NFL"

3 hours ago, krunk said:

Seems like Rhodes has whipped the Rook the whole camp. Hasnt caught a thing against him whole camp

Rhodes has owned Pittman, but it's  a good thing. If Pittman  wants to play physically at nfl level  he needs to be able to handle  Rhodes who is probably  most physically  than most dbs

Fountain and Patmon mentioned again today in the notes making plays.....from Rivers. Good sign for them.

Johnson being injured means the same as last year......waived-injured......then finds his way back to the PS. 

Dulin goes to the PS as well unless someone scoops him up during waivers.

I love hearing Rhodes is playing well. I hate hearing he's owning Pittman though lol. I thought Pittman would play more physical. Welcome to the NFL young man. He's was touted as a contested catcher so a bit concerned. I know it's early...

Patmon, who is has a rep of not playing physical (up to his size) seems to be doing well, but at the same time, sounds like a lot different routes (compared to Pittman). I'd love to see them both vs the same DBs, same QB, with the same route.

I still think Dulin makes it. Has WR position flexibility, great measureables, returns, and can play gunner. 

Everything about Fountain sounds positive. Campbell in concussion protocol. Holy cow is the kid cursed or what.

I hate not having preseason games. I'd love to at least see what positions the WRs are playing.

I love seeing how many Chargers fans have come aboard here like myself!

I can't believe being a lifelong Chargers fan how I excited I am for this Colts season.

I have been a Bolts fan since Dan Fouts and I didn't leave the Chargers then but I have zero excitement this year for the Chargers (I think their defense can be number one but have zero excitement for their QB's which are needed to make a playoff run).

I realized that for the past 15 plus years every year I have been excited primarily for what Rivers can accomplish that year, ergo I love Rivers > Chargers.

I hope I'm right and will get a lot of flack for this but I think 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025 will show Colts fans the best QB you've ever had was Rivers and you'll hate me for saying it now but thank me in 2026 after multiple SuperBowls!!!

My only fear is OL always seems to get hurt protecting Rivers.  I hope that finally changes in a new city.  I am also worried there is no Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson receivers for Rivers, hopefully some studs come along and catch everything he throws their way.

#ColtUp!

The thing about scrimmages is that it’s a zero sum game.  We’re thrilled when someone makes a great play.  But that also means someone didn’t do their job.

I loved hearing how the offense marched down the field in the second half of that “game”.  But then it makes me concerned about the defense’s ability to stop the run.  

Yes @EastStreet, I really miss preseason games too.

7 hours ago, ChargingColts said:

I love seeing how many Chargers fans have come aboard here like myself!

I can't believe being a lifelong Chargers fan how I excited I am for this Colts season.

I have been a Bolts fan since Dan Fouts and I didn't leave the Chargers then but I have zero excitement this year for the Chargers (I think their defense can be number one but have zero excitement for their QB's which are needed to make a playoff run).

I realized that for the past 15 plus years every year I have been excited primarily for what Rivers can accomplish that year, ergo I love Rivers > Chargers.

I hope I'm right and will get a lot of flack for this but I think 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025 will show Colts fans the best QB you've ever had was Rivers and you'll hate me for saying it now but thank me in 2026 after multiple SuperBowls!!!

My only fear is OL always seems to get hurt protecting Rivers.  I hope that finally changes in a new city.  I am also worried there is no Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson receivers for Rivers, hopefully some studs come along and catch everything he throws their way.

#ColtUp!

Rivers publicly stated earlier this year that he wants to play two years max. He already has a job lined up to coach football when he retires. He will never be viewed like Manning.

Colts fans have been very welcoming as we jump on the bandwagon in droves but it won’t continue if we post takes like this. 

11 hours ago, Smonroe said:

The thing about scrimmages is that it’s a zero sum game.  We’re thrilled when someone makes a great play.  But that also means someone didn’t do their job.

I loved hearing how the offense marched down the field in the second half of that “game”.  But then it makes me concerned about the defense’s ability to stop the run.  

Yes @EastStreet, I really miss preseason games too.

Yup, just like I love hearing that Rhodes is doing well, but I'm sick to my stomach hearing that he's owning Pittman lol.

18 hours ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Rivers publicly stated earlier this year that he wants to play two years max. He already has a job lined up to coach football when he retires. He will never be viewed like Manning.

Colts fans have been very welcoming as we jump on the bandwagon in droves but it won’t continue if we post takes like this. 

I and others have zero issues with Rivers coaching his kids game on Friday night and QBing in the NFL on Sunday. 

21 hours ago, Bolts2Colts said:

:scratch:

On 8/27/2020 at 1:23 PM, Bolts2Colts said:

Damn dude, he was just saying he was excited... The "best QB you've ever had" comment was probably a tad over optimistic (because he is clearly a Rivers fan... he says so much in his post). 

We all know Rivers doesn't hold a candle to Manning, but his enthusiasm is in the right place. 

On 8/26/2020 at 2:10 PM, krunk said:

Seems like Rhodes has whipped the Rook the whole camp. Hasnt caught a thing against him whole camp

Hopefully that's more of a sign that Rhodes is back in first team all-pro form than it is a sign that Pittman is not going to live up to the hype as our top draft pick.

Archived