Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will any UDFA's make the final roster?

CurBeatElite

The Colts have the longest active streak of having a UDFA making the roster (though last year was weird since he didn't stay on the team for too long, Hale Hentges did make the active roster to start the season as a UDFA  which marked 21 straight years of the Colts having a UDFA on their opening day roster - https://www.colts.com/news/colts-undrafted-rookie-roster-streak-reaches-21-years#:~:text=That means the Alabama product,the NFL — to 21 years.).  

Will we see another UDFA rookie make this year's roster?  Hard to tell, especially with no preseason games.

If so, my top 3 guesses would be: Carter O'Donnell, Donald Rutledge, Farrod Green.  Longer shot: DeMichael Harris.  Sounds like McLaughlin is outcompeting Blankenship at this point.

2 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

The Colts have the longest active streak of having a UDFA making the roster (though last year was weird since he didn't stay on the team for too long, Hale Hentges did make the active roster to start the season as a UDFA  which marked 21 straight years of the Colts having a UDFA on their opening day roster - https://www.colts.com/news/colts-undrafted-rookie-roster-streak-reaches-21-years#:~:text=That means the Alabama product,the NFL — to 21 years.).  

Will we see another UDFA rookie make this year's roster?  Hard to tell, especially with no preseason games.

If so, my top 3 guesses would be: Carter O'Donnell, Donald Rutledge, Farrod Green.  Longer shot: DeMichael Harris.  Sounds like McLaughlin is outcompeting Blankenship at this point.

I honestly think we will. It sounds a bit silly to make a point to do it, but I would think our track record makes us a higher priority team for a lot of UDFA's. Your guesses would be mine too at this point.

2 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Yeah, O'Donnell has the best shot IMO.  Mainly because our OLine depth is probably the worst of any position.  

O'Donnell has best shot, Rutledge is 1 injury away, I thought Hot Rod would have inside track but he has fallen behind though not out. Green like was posted has a shot think Harris has a shot at p.s. Travis Reed may be only other with any sort of shot.  I'd say yes one of the above likely squeaks in.

There are virtually only three real spots that could happen (based off of what is currently on the roster):

OLine: Carter O'Donnell - likely depends on what becomes of the Hunt/Eldrenkamp/Pinter competition

Safety: Donald Rutledge - Likely only due to an injury to Wilson or Odum

Kicker: Rodrigo Blankenship - was winning the competition until the scrimmage game so now he is trailing

Archived