Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retirement One Year On: Are We Better?

DaveA1102

4 hours ago, DarkSu said:

Harbaugh wouldn't have been able to take the Colts to the playoffs from 2012-2015. Saying he had more heart than Luck is laughable.

Heart is a subjective thing. So let's talk about objective things. In Luck's playoff seasons 12, 13, and 14 (he didn't go 15), he had TY and Wayne. In Harbaugh's 95 run to the AFCC game, can you name a WR on the Colts?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Imgrandojji  you’re entitled to your opinion, but you make a LOT of assumptions when you’re forming your opinions.

You make assumptions about what players and coaches think and feel, and what goes into their decision-making. And you have no idea. You don’t know them, but you act like you know what’s going on inside their head.

And then based on those flawed assumptions, you make more assumptions about how things would have played out. How players would have played, or how soon they would “check out” or whether they would sign with a particular team... 

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

@Imgrandojji  you’re entitled to your opinion, but you make a LOT of assumptions when you’re forming your opinions.

You make assumptions about what players and coaches think and feel, and what goes into their decision-making. And you have no idea. You don’t know them, but you act like you know what’s going on inside their head.

And then based on those flawed assumptions, you make more assumptions about how things would have played out. How players would have played, or how soon they would “check out” or whether they would sign with a particular team... 

My assumptions aren't so flawed as all that. 

I'm trying to point out that Brissett accomplished some things that we've come to take for granted.  We're used to having stability at QB, so when Brissett came in and stabilized the QB position in the first half, that's something that's easy to miss because we're used to it.  

Come on guys, we've SEEN what happens when an otherwise decent team runs into turmoil when the QB goes in the drink.  Every rebuttal to my post I've seen so far is a classic example of the lighthouse fallacy.

10 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

My assumptions aren't so flawed as all that. 

I'm trying to point out that Brissett accomplished some things that we've come to take for granted.  We're used to having stability at QB, so when Brissett came in and stabilized the QB position in the first half, that's something that's easy to miss because we're used to it.  

Come on guys, we've SEEN what happens when an otherwise decent team runs into turmoil when the QB goes in the drink.  Every rebuttal to my post I've seen so far is a classic example of the lighthouse fallacy.

LOL at the bolded. 

You're actually a classic example of post hoc fallacy.

I mean, the chicken crowing causes the sun to come up, right.

Archived