Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raven's Earl Thomas Is Looking For A Job

King Colt

Might be a nice fit for Indy

Aug. 23 (UPI) -- The Baltimore Ravens released All-Pro safety Earl Thomas less than two days after his involvement in an on-field altercation with teammate Chuck Clark.

The team said in a statement Sunday that Thomas' contract was terminated "for personal conduct that has adversely affected the Baltimore Ravens." The franchise is expected to attempt to void his $10 million guaranteed salary this season, and Thomas is expected to file a grievance against that decision.

Might be a nice fit for Indy?!?   Seriously?

Ill stick with Hooker, thanks.   At least he wants to be with Indy.   Thomas just played his way OFF one of the most tolerant, most forgiving franchises in football.   If you can’t stick with those guys, you’ve got real problems.

Word is, he’ll try to hook up with Dallas. 

No thanks. Ballard is trying to build a good character locker room with guys being held accountable. Thomas isn't that. He's got some issues. Teams don't give away big contracts and just release you over a little skirmish. Something else was going on behind the scenes.

Eh... there were times when I couldn't resist that type of talent. I will go with whatever Ballard decides here. We are a very "character and attitude" oriented organization right now it seems so I'm not sure he fits well in that philosophy. 

The "supposedly" bad boy CB Marcus Peters, ever since he was traded to the Ravens and given the freedom to roam on that Ravens secondary, made more plays when inserted with safety responsibilities than Earl Thomas. Earl Thomas' leg injury from the previous year is likely affecting his play, IMO. 

I remember us taking Ryan Grant that the Ravens discarded after a failed physical, albeit on a 1 year deal, but I think Ballard wants a little more stability than 1 year gap fillers at this point now on defense. He has had several drafts and off seasons to look at all defensive positions in the draft and FA, just my hunch.

On 8/23/2020 at 11:28 PM, King Colt said:

Might be a nice fit for Indy

Aug. 23 (UPI) -- The Baltimore Ravens released All-Pro safety Earl Thomas less than two days after his involvement in an on-field altercation with teammate Chuck Clark.

The team said in a statement Sunday that Thomas' contract was terminated "for personal conduct that has adversely affected the Baltimore Ravens." The franchise is expected to attempt to void his $10 million guaranteed salary this season, and Thomas is expected to file a grievance against that decision.

He is a good player yes but doesn't out weigh the fact he seems to be a bit of a cancer...

10 hours ago, King Colt said:

With an old QB that signals a "win now" motive so I don't care if he eats baby squirrels. If the idea is they are on the edge of a SB then sign the gangster and weep after the celebration. 

When you can’t play for Seattle and you can’t play for Baltimore then you clearly can’t play for the Colts.  We’re not looking for a disruptive gangster. 

This isn’t complicated.   Try not to over-think this. 

11 hours ago, King Colt said:

With an old QB that signals a "win now" motive so I don't care if he eats baby squirrels. If the idea is they are on the edge of a SB then sign the gangster and weep after the celebration. 

I think Ballard is working on a multi super bowl team rather than a win now super bowl team. 

IMO Ballard don't want whiners and non leaders in the locker room. 

Thomas is not that one piece that would make them win a super bowl. 

Archived