Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Andrew Dalton Can Do It, So Can Andrew Luck!

bap1331

So what if we have a rookie quarterback? I think we have a good chance at a wild card spot with the schedule. The toughest team we face are the Packers.

Here is going to be the argument:

Hater: "Bengals had a defense."

Me: So what? We will probably have a better defense for the fact that we have Pagano (former Ravens DC) as Head Coach. And also Manusky is the DC who was the Chargers D last year. Theyve had a good D over the past few years. Not to mention the fact that half the defense is from the Baltimore Ravens now. I think that we will be well prepared.

Hater: "Well, Bengals also had a running game"

Me: Wait til the draft. We will get an explosive runningback. Runningbacks don't take as long to develop as any other position. Donald Brown has a good chance too. He was never given one as much though.

Hater: "Colts are still going to suck. Just like they did last year"

Just like any other ignorant fan from the 31 other teams in the NFL...

So people who do not think this is a playoff team is a hater?

Just because we have some good coaches for a defense does not automatically make this defense great. You have to have the talent and lets be real this talent did nothing last year. Why will they just magically make the jump to one of the better defenses in the league?

I really doubt we will target a running back given we have much bigger needs at NT, WR, TE, CB, SS, and needed depth at DL, OL, and LB. Unless a talent at RB that just cannot be passed up falls in our lap I will be highly surprised that we take one.

Adding better QB play which I have no doubt Luck will bring should make us a better team then last year, but this is not a playoff that will still have holes to fill even after the draft. We are rebuilding and I do not see the playoffs in our future for at least another year. I just do not see us going 2-14 again this season.

If that makes me a hater I guess I am a hater.

Every team in the league has solid talent....that is why they are in the league. It is the details in all aspects of the game that separate the good teams and bad teams. Continuity is huge at all levels of sports. I firmly believe that bad teams stay bad and good teams stay good by upholding a certain culture within the organization. Peyton and Tony D. helped to build that culture in Indy. Hopefully, the incoming additions can do the same.

Oh wow. Not a good post at all. Um the truth is, he actually had a good D and had this one guy.. Um whats his name.. Aj green. Beast of a reciever. Will be one of the best in 2-3 years oh and also, we have like only two ravens players on D. Theres 11 players on the field per team. Do the math. And they arent that great.

The Bengals had a defense that had been under Zimmer for a while and had more talent than ours. Not to mention, our defense is in a state of flux right now, going from a 4-3 to a 3-4, so we have no idea what to expect. It's very possible that our defense gets worse next year.

Unless your RB is a guy like Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders, he won't get far with the poor blocking of our offensive line.

There are a lot of informed posters on this board, that have made a lot of informed posts, but this was not one of them.

Your whole argument is based on, "Yeah, well wait and see!"

Gotta do better than that, homeslice.

Come on now. Manusky has never had a defense ranked higher then 20th. Under Pagano's command the Ravens defense slightly regressed. So when are we going to take a running-back in the draft? The Bengals also didn't start out with an entire brand new regime.

So what if we have a rookie quarterback? I think we have a good chance at a wild card spot with the schedule. The toughest team we face are the Packers.

Here is going to be the argument:

Hater: "Bengals had a defense."

Me: So what? We will probably have a better defense for the fact that we have Pagano (former Ravens DC) as Head Coach. And also Manusky is the DC who was the Chargers D last year. Theyve had a good D over the past few years. Not to mention the fact that half the defense is from the Baltimore Ravens now. I think that we will be well prepared.

Hater: "Well, Bengals also had a running game"

Me: Wait til the draft. We will get an explosive runningback. Runningbacks don't take as long to develop as any other position. Donald Brown has a good chance too. He was never given one as much though.

Hater: "Colts are still going to suck. Just like they did last year"

Just like any other ignorant fan from the 31 other teams in the NFL...

This post made me laugh so hard but I am sure that is not the affect that you intended. So anyone offering up a different opinion from you is automatically a hater? :D Nevertheless to your points...

1. Colts Defense--we don't know how good they will be or how long it will take for them to look Ravenesque. Probably more than a year. Also, how do you figure that half of our defense is now Baltimore Ravens? I see only Reeding & Zibikowski that's two. Last time I checked 2 was not 50% of 11.

2. Colts Running game-- Right now we have Donald Brown and Delone Carter. Donald showed some promise last year but he is still not an overall back in my opinion. He has breakaway speed, but his blocking needs work and I am not convinced that he will be durable enough to carry the load as the primary ball carrier over the course of an entire season. Delone was brought in to be a short yardage back but somewhat disappointed in that role. He needs to focus on protecting the football better as well. We have a decent to good running back stable but we still need that elite player. Rome wasn't built in a day..and it won't all be built during this offseason. Running back is not a need position right now and other positions will take priority this year. However, next offseason I expect the Colts to make a move to upgrade here considerably.

3. Colts don't suck. We agree here. lmao I applaud your enthusiasm. We are in a rebuilding mode and struggle is a part of that more often than not. I would love for the Colts to pull off a Cincinatti type turn around but don't get too fixated on that scenario happening this year. Another losing season won't be the end of the world and would actually accelerate the rebuilding process by providing more high draft picks to select the elite-type players necessary to pair with Luck and to properly build this thing to sustain excellence over the next decade.

they had a ROOKIE QB-WR tandem WITHOUT OFFSEASON as their starters - they are in a tough division with the steelers & ravens - they made the playoffs... I wouldn't say they underachieved.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to have a "d' on underachieve.....I feel like they underachieve every year with the talent they have (Carson Palmer Era).