Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tuesday's #ColtsCamp Practice: Jonathan Taylor, Daurice Fountain Shine, Kicking Competition Heats Up As Team Moves Indoors

Better late than never, I say, but you can find today's Colts practice notes by clicking here.

Jonathan Taylor had some sensational moments today, but the blockers up front definitely deserve their credit, too. And it's just really nice to see Daurice Fountain back and making plays with a smile on his face after his tough season-ending ankle injury late in camp last year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

T.Y.

Pittman

Campbell

Pascal

Then the fight ensues for the final 2 spots:

Dulin

Fountain

Patmon

Johnson

Williams

Could they keep 7 Wide Receivers?

Possibly if Hines can hold down RB3 and PR Duties with Dulin as the backup......and Tramon Smith holds down CB6 and KR Duties with Pascal as the backup.....then they can keep all 3 of the young guys in Dulin, Fountain and Patmon.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

T.Y.

Pittman

Campbell

Pascal

Then the fight ensues for the final 2 spots:

Dulin

Fountain

Patmon

Johnson

Williams

Could they keep 7 Wide Receivers?

Possibly if Hines can hold down RB3 and PR Duties with Dulin as the backup......and Tramon Smith holds down CB6 and KR Duties with Pascal as the backup.....then they can keep all 3 of the young guys in Dulin, Fountain and Patmon.

In my mind, it'd be tough to justify keeping seven receivers. I thought six was a lot to begin last season, but understood why with all the special teams contributors towards the end of the depth chart. Unfortunately some tough decisions are going to have to be made there.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, AWalkerColts said:

In my mind, it'd be tough to justify keeping seven receivers. I thought six was a lot to begin last season, but understood why with all the special teams contributors towards the end of the depth chart. Unfortunately some tough decisions are going to have to be made there.

I'm just greedy and want ALL the WR's.....lol.....I love the size of Patmon and the freakish abilities of Dulin and Fountain.....

None of them can pass by Pascal just yet.....he is steady freddy and does everything well but nothing spectacular (maybe blocking).

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, AWalkerColts said:

I think keeping 6 of them, and 2 on the practice squad would be effective. That's probably the best we can do honestly while keeping all of our bases covered.

Which 2 wr would slip through waivers and back to us ?

Fountain- Likely, not impressive numbers and coming off injury

Williams-Yes, busted in Arizona and has made no impact here yet

Johnson-50/50 could be nabbed since started 6 games just last season

Patmon- Doubtful as had many eyes on him pre draft due to size/speed ratio

Dulin-Doubtful due to his special teams work

Harris- Yes without a doubt

Scott-Yes same as Harris

Not to stray too far off topic... but related to a few posts above, my 6 WRs on the roster would be (in no particular order):

- Hilton
- Campbell
- Pittman
- Pascal
- Fountain (but only if he keeps putting highlight type plays together like he was last TC and shows he is over that injury)

- Patmon 

Some tough decisions to be made this year... specifically in the form of Marcus Johnson and Ashton Dulin....

Marcus Johnson is a great depth piece, but i'd drop him if Fountain looks legit again. Dulin likewise is hard to let go because of his proven ST work, but i think the potential upside of Patmon is too much to let go of. Someone would have to step up for ST though (maybe even Patmon)...

12 hours ago, AWalkerColts said:

Better late than never, I say, but you can find today's Colts practice notes by clicking here.

Jonathan Taylor had some sensational moments today, but the blockers up front definitely deserve their credit, too. And it's just really nice to see Daurice Fountain back and making plays with a smile on his face after his tough season-ending ankle injury late in camp last year.

@AWalkerColts nice job on the podcasts

• Like 2