Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I've noticed, and it bothers me.

It seems like the Colts release a lot less raw footage compared to some other teams. It all seems super filtered and censored by a PR team. Am i missing something, or has anyone else thought the same? I'm on youtube and I'm seeing video after video of  8-10 minute videos of other teams with full practice plays and workouts back to back. All we got so far was a small snippet and an interview. 

59 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

It seems like the Colts release a lot less raw footage compared to some other teams. It all seems super filtered and censored by a PR team. Am i missing something, or has anyone else thought the same? I'm on youtube and I'm seeing video after video of  8-10 minute videos of other teams with full practice plays and workouts back to back. All we got so far was a small snippet and an interview. 

Not sure why anyone would expect to see a lot of our full live practices (isn't this where our plays are being developed so we can beat other teams with them? why would we want to put that out there for them to see?)... the Colts have produced many very 'open' videos about the draft, etc. and everyday they have a nice write up about how practice went with quotes from Reich and usually multiple players.  I think it's a good thing we don't get to see much of what goes on in practice but instead get written updates and interviews to watch or read about.

• Like 4

Many interviews were released today on youtube by the colts.

Also some video's of coaches talking to players, and a few snippits (As you say) of practice plays.

But I would not want full plays released, for other teams to get a hold of, and put in their film rooms as study against the Colts.

• Like 1

I'm fine without full plays, but I would like to see more highlights like Fountain climbing the ladder, or Pittman toe tapping. I guess I enjoy the WR/DB element the most, so just give me shots of that one on one stuff.

The production of those draft videos was so good.  It would be nice to see some of that i agree.  But i’m ok with keeping things tight.  I was never a fan of having the Colts as the team on HBO.  It would be fun to watch but i’d rather keep thing more secretive.  If we see it, the rest of the league does too.  Those draft videos , i think, leaked a little more of our procedures than i’d like.  It shows how good our staff is and opens them ip more to other teams.  Like Dobbs, the quality control guy, etc.  Those types of things are what set teams apart imo.

But i understand wanting to see more as a fan.  I do too.

I'm not too worried about what goes on in practices or the locker room.

Even before there was virus they had closed practices. 

The least distractions the better.

I have always thought keeping it 'in house' was the way to go.

On 8/18/2020 at 5:22 PM, CurBeatElite said:

Not sure why anyone would expect to see a lot of our full live practices (isn't this where our plays are being developed so we can beat other teams with them? why would we want to put that out there for them to see?)... the Colts have produced many very 'open' videos about the draft, etc. and everyday they have a nice write up about how practice went with quotes from Reich and usually multiple players.  I think it's a good thing we don't get to see much of what goes on in practice but instead get written updates and interviews to watch or read about.

I didn't say full live practice. I said compared to other teams we release less raw footage. Just go on youtube and a majority of teams have a lot longer duration videos. Don't put words in my mouth. 

And  just because you say it is open does mean it is open. That is a subjective point. People always love to speak in absolutes here. 

It is of my opinion, that compared to other teams our social media for Colts seems more produced and restricted in on field uncut play. Not taking a jab at them, just stating something obvious. 

Yeah, I've noticed the same. It's usually very close angles videos that the Colts release and you can't really see anything of the actual plays. I wonder if they are working on something they don't want the league to see. The outside media seems to not be allowed to take footage(pics or videos) of 11-on-11s and the only video I've seen of outside media is that of individual drills. 

It's probably not a coincidence. Either that or they want to be the only ones having this exclusive footage and are preparing some good series and don't want the rest of the media to undercut them and spoil the content. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, stitches said:

Yeah, I've noticed the same. It's usually very close angles videos that the Colts release and you can't really see anything of the actual plays. I wonder if they are working on something they don't want the league to see. The outside media seems to not be allowed to take footage(pics or videos) of 11-on-11s and the only video I've seen of outside media is that of individual drills. 

It's probably not a coincidence. Either that or they want to be the only ones having this exclusive footage and are preparing some good series and don't want the rest of the media to undercut them and spoil the content. 

this is all im saying. and tbh i dont like it. they can run some vanilla 11 on 11s and let us see. 

I don't think it's that big of deal. I know some people like to see film and see what's going on and that's fine. Most of it's been without pads anyway. They've only been in pads for a few practices. 

39 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

I've noticed vague click bait thread titles... and it bothers me.

Sorry,

I should have named it "Colts franchise commonly limits the release of raw practice and Colts related activities and I have noticed it" 

There, :) 

also, it bothers me. 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Sorry,

I should have named it "Colts franchise commonly limits the release of raw practice and Colts related activities and I have noticed it" 

There, :) 

also, it bothers me. 

You'll notice all the "tiny things" that the patriots do that seems irrelevant, go a long way. 

If thats one of those things for us, its worth it to be secretive imo. 

23 hours ago, stitches said:

I wonder if they are working on something they don't want the league to see. T

It doesn't seem difficult to me.  They're putting out a new playbook to take advantage of Rivers, and they'd rather not accidentally leak too many details of that playbook. 

They want to maximize the chance of surprising teams a few times in the first couple weeks, I doubt it's more than that.

It's an entertainment industry(NFL). They've been doing more media stuff since Ballard came aboard. 

I personally like it. It's not like they put stuff out there that they don't want. 

23 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

this is all im saying. and tbh i dont like it. they can run some vanilla 11 on 11s and let us see. 

Why should the team waist time on running vanilla 11 on 11s so you can see anything?

They are already short on practice time as it is. 

Before this year it was about 50/50 closed practice sessions. There were quite a few days where they were closed for the morning practices and opened for the afternoon ones. 

Now that camp is at the training facility instead of Anderson it makes it impossible to accommodate the fans.