Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

08/18/2020 Tuesday Colts Practice - Pittman and Taylor making plays with the 1s

stitches

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

Who was the last back weve had outside of maybe EJ who has hit a truck stick on anybody? I love it!

Shot out to my boy Reece Fountain as well!

I'm rooting for Reece so bad. Seems like he's worked real hard to get back to where he was last year before his injury. Big props to him, hope he makes the team. 

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm rooting for Reece so bad. Seems like he's worked real hard to get back to where he was last year before his injury. Big props to him, hope he makes the team. 

He worked his tail off last year (off season) too before injury. 

Hope he didn't lose any of that freak explosiveness. Kid can climb the ladder. 

31 minutes ago, krunk said:

The Taylor updates are exciting

I can't wait to see him in action. Not to disparage what Mack can and has done...I just think Taylor is a different type of RB than we have seen. The power and speed make him a threat to consistently rip off huge runs behind this OL.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

The Chase McLaughlin and Rodrigo Blankenship battle should be a good one.   It almost feels like the Colts can't lose because I think they are both good kickers.  

The key is competition. It lights a fire under everyone's butt and no one takes their jobs for granted, especially when they haven't entrenched themselves as a starter.

Applies to a lot of 2nd and 3rd year players like Chase McLaughlin, Tyquan Lewis, Parris Campbell etc. Ballard is getting exactly what he wanted, I expect the same fire with Marlon Mack too. 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The key is competition. It lights a fire under everyone's butt and no one takes their jobs for granted, especially when they haven't entrenched themselves as a starter.

Yes.   A good competition between 2 good kickers with neither having the advantage.   It's been a long time since the Colts had a legit kicking competition.     

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

I have no issue with it, just thinking about the stakes for the rest of the team, and wondering whether they alternate which kicker they're assigned to periodically.

I hope they are not. I think it would put some extra pressure to perform and test fortitude and composure. It's practically what they will face in the league - the dread of ruining the game for your teammates... one... two... three weeks in a row lets say. How do they react on the 4th day after losing the previous 3? Do they crumble or get back on track? IMO it makes it have more of a stake, rather than what would otherwise be a random punishment for half the team. 

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

I hope they are not. I think it would put some extra pressure to perform and test fortitude and composure. It's practically what they will face in the league - the dread of ruining the game for your teammates... one... two... three weeks in a row lets say. How do they react on the 4th day after losing the previous 3? Do they crumble or get back on track? IMO it makes it have more of a stake, rather than what would otherwise be a random punishment for half the team. 

I'm thinking differently.  If one kicker does poorly and has the same guys then one half of the team "doesn't like him", whereas if the entire team has to deal with the poorer kicker then the entire team "doesn't like him".  Much more pressure if they alternate in my opinion.

Either way it is huge pressure for both guys that are young and don't have deep roots in this team.  I like it!

27 minutes ago, stitches said:

All true and probably good. 

Archived