Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

7 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Thank you because I didn’t notice 10 at all. Dublin got some snap on offense from what I seen as well. 

I agree, I didn't notice him either. I was shocked when I saw the snap counts. Haha

• Like 1
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just some historical perspective as to whom we have under center right now......   Essentially broke all SEC Records set by Peyton Manning before graduating as a senior....   Draft

Yes, new to the Colts the day Philip signed. And enjoying every minute of it. Not only watching him with a vastly better team around him, but my time on this board, as well. It's been a lot of fun.

Well, Ryan is in a perfect position to get revenge for that.

8 hours ago, Myles said:

I was expecting high percentage passes to Hines out of the back field yesterday.  I wonder why we didn't see more of them.  Turned out OK though.   

Did Fountain make it into the game yesterday?   I don't recall seeing him, but I don't always notice all the players each play.

Fountain did play in the game. They just didnt get the ball to him. He had snaps

• Thanks 1
On 9/16/2020 at 2:13 AM, King Colt said:

When the game was discussed by reporters they all agreed he threw three INTs and was lucky to have one called back. If a RB fumbles the ball three times but his team recovers the fact stands out he lost the ball three times.

Oh well, if the reporters agree :rolleyes:  He threw 2 INTs and would have had three if not for a penalty.  Those are the facts, anything else is changing facts to fit a narrative.

• Like 1
On 9/16/2020 at 3:13 AM, King Colt said:

When the game was discussed by reporters they all agreed he threw three INTs and was lucky to have one called back. If a RB fumbles the ball three times but his team recovers the fact stands out he lost the ball three times.

Isn't it funny how this guy is obsessed with trying to credit Rivers with 3 INTs against Jax, but has literally said nothing about taking away the MIN INT that was 100% on the TE?

My guess is that King Colt hated the Rivers signing, and he'll spend all season trying to justify that stance, regardless of how Rivers actually plays.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Rivers is playing way better than the stats indicate.  Once the WRs start to gel, I think the TD/INT line will drastically improve.  Currently at 399 career TDs by the way.

Only thing that matters is winning though.

The stats indicate he is playing well too. He threw a couple of INTs...but other than that...he has looked good. I don't think anybody thought we were getting a prime Rivers. His passer rating is trending to what we should expect...and the TD % will regress to his career mean...and I don't expect him to continue throwing bad INTs all year. 

The difference between Rivers and JB is night and day.

• Like 1

We clean up the red zone and third down stuff our offense is looking a lot like it did in 2018 with Luck. Rivers isn’t the play maker that Luck was outside the pocket but the offense seems to be rolling pretty nice.  

3 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Isn't it funny how this guy is obsessed with trying to credit Rivers with 3 INTs against Jax, but has literally said nothing about taking away the MIN INT that was 100% on the TE?

My guess is that King Colt hated the Rivers signing, and he'll spend all season trying to justify that stance, regardless of how Rivers actually plays.

You are wrong. Why hate Rivers after the the Colts recognize they have a QB problem? I'm sure Rivers may have not been their first choice but he can keep them in the chase. He can't compare to the leading QBs this season  but a strong running game can keep the team respectful. The second half of their schedule will reveal the truth.

45 minutes ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Can’t compare to the leading QB’s this season?  

Funny that both Chargers QBs are at the bottom of this list. 

I almost posted that to the other thread. Had it not been for those 2 INTs, folks would saying how much of a genius is for Ballard to have gotten Rivers lol. Everytime some farts, Ballard is a genius though.

• Like 1

The one thing some people have completely ignored, or are just flat out not capable of understanding, is that Philip isn't likely to lose nearly as much of his effectiveness as other top quarterbacks as they age because he's never had the level of physical athleticism that they once had. His effectiveness has always come more from the neck up than most other top quarterbacks. And he's not going to lose any of that.

• Like 4
On 9/22/2020 at 4:20 PM, King Colt said:

You are wrong. Why hate Rivers after the the Colts recognize they have a QB problem? I'm sure Rivers may have not been their first choice but he can keep them in the chase. He can't compare to the leading QBs this season  but a strong running game can keep the team respectful. The second half of their schedule will reveal the truth.

What you are failing to see is Ballard has been building this team to win without the QB having to carry the team.

Rivers does not have to have big numbers for this team to win. 

We have been a victim of having those kind of teams for a very long time. 

It produced one super bowl. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What you are failing to see is Ballard has been building this team to win without the QB having to carry the team.

Rivers does not have to have big numbers for this team to win. 

We have been a victim of having those kind of teams for a very long time. 

It produced one super bowl. 

You have just said what I said.

On 8/18/2020 at 7:44 AM, Myles said:

Well, Ryan is in a perfect position to get revenge for that.

Never get in a fart contest with your center is, I believe, among the first 10 rules in the NFL QBs guidebook.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Rivers has been solid for the Colts so far this season. He forced a couple of passes week one in which got picked off, but week two he took care of the ball and continued to be accurate. That INT in week two was on Cox. We just need to clean up our red zone offense. We need more TD's.

• Like 2

“That Old man Rivers...he just keeps rolling aloooong!” 

Glad he had a better outing against the Vikes.  Hoping he can continue with more games like that.  Offensive game planning and run pass ratio was much better and I believe that allows Rivers to be at his most effective.  Eventually I expect opposing defenses to sell out more to try to stop the Colts running game and put more of the game pressure on Rivers’ arm.  We will see how well the Colts can adapt when that happens.  

Rivers was probably our best choice coming into this year with Luck gone. He really is about the only QB that can come close to being as great as Luck was on many Sundays. Peyton was basically the GOAT, top 3 at worse (Brady/Montana), so we will never have that again but Rivers will be HOFamer IMO. Something Luck won't even be because he retired early.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers was probably our best choice coming into this year with Luck gone. He really is about the only QB that can come close to being as great as Luck was on many Sundays. Peyton was basically the GOAT, top 3 at worse (Brady/Montana), so we will never have that again but Rivers will be HOFamer IMO. Something Luck won't even be because he retired early.

An improvement over Brissett.   That's all I wanted.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Another solid outing by Rivers.

17/21 (80%), 217 yds, 1 TD 0 INT, 125 passer rating

Didn't have to do much today, but he is playing terrific football, even if the stats don't turn heads.

When your defense outscores the opposing team, you don’t have to do an awful lot. Kudos to Philip for not just chasing stats, as he climbs in the record books for all time production in NFL history.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

He looks much more comfortable with this Oline and offense then he did with the chargers last year.

Agreed. Even when the pocket is collapsing, he’s urgent without panicking. Exactly what you want/expect out of a vet like Rivers.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, krunk said:

I see my boy Reece caught about 2 passes from Mr. Rivers today. 

I was kind of impressed when I saw him make the first nice grab and then a second shortly after. Hope its not the last time I see him. 

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

When your defense outscores the opposing team, you don’t have to do an awful lot. Kudos to Philip for not just chasing stats, as he climbs in the record books for all time production in NFL history.

Even Brady rode the tail coats of a superior defense...multiple times depending on who you talked to. No shame in it. A ring is a ring, even if it's romanticized more than it should be.

• Like 2
On 9/22/2020 at 4:20 PM, King Colt said:

Its absolutely fine to wait until the evidence reveals the answer. But do you people have to remind everyone of that fact when there might be a reason to believe this team is a contender? It's the most annoying thing about internet naysayeres. Like, just let us enjoy the * win.

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers is a HOFamer, JMO. Winning 10 games or more will be automatic with him in there. He has a O.Line now, I haven't felt that good about since 2018 when we had Luck.

Lots to be optimistic about. We’re trending in the right direction. Granted after week one, it wasn’t hard.

• Like 1