Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor break down.

NannyMcafee

52 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

As always, highlights are highlights. That said, he has an impressive burst, a knack for knowing when to move on from the blocking call, and a serious nose for more yards after contact. He has a lot of MJD in his game. 

i see him as a mix of Barkley/Elliot. he has Barkleys build & athleticism with Elliots run style, imo.

If he keeps hold of the ball, he'll be special running behind our OL. IMO, they'll bring him along slowly. He's got a lot of miles on the tread from college, and I can see them getting their money out of Mack's last contract year.

I'd love to see them start him out at 70 (Mack)/30(Taylor) and gradually work them into a 50/50 share. I'd also like to see them run him 2nd half mostly early in the year, so the DLs are a bit worn down.

I guess I'd just like to see his body get a little rest in year 1. Keep him fresh until the playoffs. Our running game is going to get a pretty nice boost given our improved passing game SHOULD make it harder on Ds to focus on the run. 

Been watching college ball since 1976, never seen a player put together 3 seasons like he did from the rb spot (Well he holds ncaa record for rushing yards over 3 years so guess thats part of the reason). Guy can run it inside and out, has speed to burn, finds the holes even when they dont appear there and split carries while at Wisconsin never even getting 60% of the runs any season (Imagine what his numbers would have been, frighting).  Put him behind this O Line and the rest of the NFL should be very very scared. 

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Been watching college ball since 1976, never seen a player put together 3 seasons like he did from the rb spot (Well he holds ncaa record for rushing yards over 3 years so guess thats part of the reason). Guy can run it inside and out, has speed to burn, finds the holes even when they dont appear there and split carries while at Wisconsin never even getting 60% of the runs any season (Imagine what his numbers would have been, frighting).  Put him behind this O Line and the rest of the NFL should be very very scared. 

Depending on how much we use him, he and Mack both might be right at 1000 yards. Mack's yardage will go down from last season a little because Taylor will see several carries IMO.

Archived