Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mailbag — Need Your Questions!

Several questions.

Are the colts planning on doing much in the form of social media on the practices? In years prior members of the media would tweet and give us updates as practices went along, We would see more videos of training camp.

Will members of the media eventually be able to watch from a far?

Hows the WR competition looking especially on the back end of it because it seems like there some deep competition there.

Whats the chances we see Eric Berry or Jadeveon Clowney in a colts uniform this year?

Where do you think the colts are going to utilize the extra 2 positions on the 55 man roster QB or OL?

Do you think Chad Kelly stands a chance to still be on this roster 2021?

32 minutes ago, AWalkerColts said:

Hey everybody, Andrew Walker of Colts.com here.

I’m just looking to expand our reach in the quest for the best questions for our Colts.com Mailbag.

I’ll check back here towards the end of the week for any submissions you may have, or feel free to send them on our site here.

That's awesome, I was just thinking 2 days ago about writing to you to suggest you join this forum. I hadn't gotten around to it yet. Welcome!

• Like 3

Something I’ve been wondering since the kickoff rule changes: why not just move the kicking team up 1 or 2 yards (in front of the kicker), to make it more of a possibility to recover?

I can understand the “4th and 15” option but it seems just moving the players closer would be a safe but exciting option as well.

I've always wanted to know why there's a game day roster limit.  With player safety being of such importance it's crazy that you could have a healthy player on the bench who's not eligible to play.  Especially if your starter and backup are injured.

The owners are paying them, so they can't be against it, right?

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Crush22 said:

Will the '*Rumor* Andrew Luck' thread ever go away?

Not until 1 of 2 things happens: 1. Andrew Luck returns  2. The Colts find a long term replacement as the franchise quarterback. Until one of those things happens there will always be an Andrew Luck Returns thread. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Crush22 said:

Will the '*Rumor* Andrew Luck' thread ever go away?

Wait.  It's just a rumor?  Darn, I was just getting my Luck jersey out of the closet again...

• Haha 1

Sup Andrew!

Easy question for you.

Which players would you prioritize for extension before the end of the year?

T.Y., Hooker, Walker Jr., Mack, Houston, Autry, Stewart, Pascal, Alie-Cox, Muhammad?

Those are all contracts that end after this season.

I think it is obvious that Rivers is a 'wait and see' situation.

(Only a portion of the 37 players on the 80 man roster, that contract's end after 2020)

How concerned are the Colts' decision makers, and the NFL's as a whole, about the possibility of players developing present and future heart ailments like Myocarditis from the Corona virus, like the B1G obviously was in canceling its season?

Hi Andrew! Thanks for reaching out to all of us!

My question: How is Xavier Rhodes looking in the Colt’s defensive schemes? How is his leadership in the locker room as the elder statesmen with the young guns? 

Here's several.

At WR...

1. With the addition of Pittman, will we see Pascal running more out of the slot?

2. Who's the most likely to be the heir apparent to TY, and the #2 Z WR this year? Campbell, Fountain, or another?

3. Assuming we keep 6 WRs on the roster, what's your prediction? My way-to-early guess is TY, Pittman, Campbell, Pascal, Fountain, and Dulin.

STs

1. Hines and Dulin looked great last year when returning, are they the two early favorites? Is Rodgers in the running?

TE

1. Is this the year we see MAC break out?

2. Now that we have Pittman and Patmon, will that increased size at WR decrease 2 TE sets, and/or the utilization of TE in general?

DL

1. Will Autry end up being an every-down "flex" player, lining up at DT on passing downs, and DE on running downs?

2. Will we see more blitzing this year? Our pressure %s last year were pretty disappointing. I know Buckner will improve that number by just being on the field, but would love to see more blitzing combined with more man coverage.

3. What's your way too early prediction for DL line ups? My guess is 

Passing downs - Houston-Autry-Buckner-Turay

Running downs - Houston-Buckner-Stewart OR Day-Autry

4. When Turay was drafted, many saw him as better run stopper than rush DE. Did the experts totally have it wrong, or is he just a late bloomer vs the pass. And... will he become that every down DE this year?

5. Did Banogu train this off season with anyone to hone his rush skills, like Turay has done in the past?

LB

1. With the addition of Glasgow, who many see as more of a STs add, do you see a 3 man competition for 2 spots with Glasgow, Zaire, and Franklin?

2. With Oke taking over starting SAM later in the year in 2019, do you think we'll see less Nickel and more 3 LB sets to keep Leonard, Walker, and Oke on the field?

DB

1. Flus hinted that we'd see more "man" last year, but aside from the KC game (who's passing game was a bit crippled due to injury) it seemed like we were running mostly a soft C2. With the addition of Buckner, and assumed improved pass rush, will we see more man coverage?

2. Where do you project Blackmon once he returns to form? We've heard a lot of FS talk, but I see him more as a well rounded SS in our C2 defense. He comes from a "man" system, struggled at CB (before the conversion), and also struggled at FS when asked to "roam". He was a beast though tackling (that first hit vs Oregon - oh my), and covering closer to the LOS. I think he's got a higher upside than Willis at SS, but not sold on the FS talk.

3. How do the coaches view Rodgers, especially his build (HT/WT). Dynamic player, but very slight build. Do they have him on any specific S&C program to help add some good weight? I'd love to him get a shot at returns, but I'd also like to see his athleticism translate as a DB.

• Like 1