Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive Rookie of the Year Discussion

danlhart87

23 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

will be hard to beat burrow if hes even decent.  tua and Herbert dont appear to be day one starters

lot of good skill players like taylor and pittman in this class but the Bengals are all in on Joe

I am not sure if the Bengals are talented enough for Burrow to have a great rookie year. 

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If any of the rookie QB's ball out it will be them.

Taylor might otherwise be in a good position to pick it up if none of the rookie QB's stand out, but his biggest problem is that he's likely going to be at the very least splitting carries with Mack.  So he could have some great runs and post a great yards per attempt but just not make it as the offensive rookie of the year because he won't put up huge huge numbers.

Another player we could look at is Clyde Edwards-Helaire.  Drafted in the 1st by KC.  I don't know how good KC's OL is but working next to Mahomes is going to open up a lot of lanes for any RB.  So I'd consider him a candidate as well.  Plus the Chiefs don't appear to have any established starting RB's on their roster right now so that kid might be taking most of the carries on a team where every defense is gunning to stop the passing game.  

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if he wins it but Henry Ruggs is going to put up highlights for the Raiders early and often and may be their #1 WR option all season long. If Las Vegas overachieves if will be in large part due to him. 

I agree Helaire is in position to succeed for the Chiefs in their pinball offense, especially with Deandre Washington struggling, Darrell Williams could get some looks but Helaire is the man.

Taylor is the best offensive player of the draft but like was said Mack is going to start early in the season and Hines is going to get playing time so only so many plays for him to effect games.

Tua may start opening day but sounds like Miami leaning toward Josh Rosen, hard to tell when Fitzpatrick comes back but word down here in Florida is it could be awhile (His mother passed and he is not in a good mental place).

Archived