Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

This is the team I'm getting. Tell me what you think.

 

Team 10 non-ppr

 

QB- Wilson, Rodgers

RB - Henry, Aaron Jones, Ingram, Michel

WR - Cooper, Lockett, Chark, Ruggs, Hardmon

TE - Gronk, Hooper

D - Ravens

K - Lutz

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would start Kelley over Gurley. Kelley is the clear no2 behind Eckler and he got 23 carries last week Vs KC. He also gets the goal-line carries. Gurley in comparision, is taken out when in the red z

Yeah I would probably go with that although I think the Falcons will beat the Bears. Gurley might play well. That is a tough one. I am 50/50 on it. @Jared Cisneros might have some input on this as wel

I would make sure first with Mostert before using Wilson. Honestly I have Mostert and it's a mess trying to predict who gets carries.

20 minutes ago, CR91 said:

This is the team I'm getting. Tell me what you think.

 

Team 10 non-ppr

 

QB- Wilson, Rodgers

RB - Henry, Aaron Jones, Ingram, Michel

WR - Cooper, Lockett, Chark, Ruggs, Hardmon

TE - Gronk, Hooper

D - Ravens

K - Lutz

That is a very good team, you should do well. You will have to pick what weeks you play Wilson and Rodgers, just guess right.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 3:36 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a very good team, you should do well. You will have to pick what weeks you play Wilson and Rodgers, just guess right.

 

So I drafted today

 

QB - Murray, Big Ben

RB - Henry, Gurley, Connor, Bredia

WR - Adams, Godwin, Chark, Marquise Brown, Ruggs

TE - Engram, Hockenson

D - Ravens

 

Not bad if my back's stay healthy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR91 said:

 

So I drafted today

 

QB - Murray, Big Ben

RB - Henry, Gurley, Connor, Bredia

WR - Adams, Godwin, Chark, Marquise Brown, Ruggs

TE - Engram, Hockenson

D - Ravens

 

Not bad if my back's stay healthy

Your QB tandem is good if Ben can stay healthy. Murray should have a good year statistically having Hopkins. I like your WR's and your D. I had Henry last year, he was a awesome. If he can do for you what he did for me, you will do really well.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Your QB tandem is good if Ben can stay healthy. Murray should have a good year statistically having Hopkins. I like your WR's and your D. I had Henry last year, he was a awesome. If he can do for you what he did for me, you will do really well.

 

Agreed. I just need Gurley and Connor to stay healthy and I have a solid squad imo

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I will be curious to see how much Gurley has left in the tank. If he plays near what he was you will be in real good shape. A change of scenery may be what he needs?

 

If Gurley can give me say 8-11 points a game, I'll take that. I'm not expecting RB1 numbers

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

@2006Coltsbestever I'm think of benching Gurley for Joshua Kelley vs the Panthers. Eleker will obviously get the majority of snaps, but I think with Herbert starting, Chargers will lean on their run game. Also Gurley has been pretty underwhelming so far and I'm not too big on his matchup vs the bears. What do you think?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CR91 said:

@2006Coltsbestever I'm think of benching Gurley for Joshua Kelley vs the Panthers. Eleker will obviously get the majority of snaps, but I think with Herbert starting, Chargers will lean on their run game. Also Gurley has been pretty underwhelming so far and I'm not too big on his matchup vs the bears. What do you think?

Yeah I would probably go with that although I think the Falcons will beat the Bears. Gurley might play well. That is a tough one. I am 50/50 on it. @Jared Cisneros might have some input on this as well. Tough call.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CR91 said:

@2006Coltsbestever I'm think of benching Gurley for Joshua Kelley vs the Panthers. Eleker will obviously get the majority of snaps, but I think with Herbert starting, Chargers will lean on their run game. Also Gurley has been pretty underwhelming so far and I'm not too big on his matchup vs the bears. What do you think?

I would start Kelley over Gurley. Kelley is the clear no2 behind Eckler and he got 23 carries last week Vs KC. He also gets the goal-line carries. Gurley in comparision, is taken out when in the red zone, and Matt Ryan usually throws for most of the TDs the Falcons get anyway. Gurley is an rb that gets the most useless of carries from a fantasy perspective. Use Kelley and his 20 carries against a terrible Carolina run defense. You'll probably get around 100 yds and a td.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

@2006Coltsbestever @Jared CisnerosCisneros 

 

Hey. Need some advice. I'm in the semi finals in my league and I'm considering benching Murray for Herbert. Murray is playing the Rams and Herbert is playing the Patriots. Murray since injuring his shoulder, is not running which is taking a lot of his fantasy appeal away and the Rams have a top 5 defense. Herbert against the Patriots worries me though because Rookies that play BBs defense struggle.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

@2006Coltsbestever @Jared CisnerosCisneros 

 

Hey. Need some advice. I'm in the semi finals in my league and I'm considering benching Murray for Herbert. Murray is playing the Rams and Herbert is playing the Patriots. Murray since injuring his shoulder, is not running which is taking a lot of his fantasy appeal away and the Rams have a top 5 defense. Herbert against the Patriots worries me though because Rookies that play BBs defense struggle.

 

It's a tough matchup either way. I'd go Herbert probably as I agree Murray has struggled a lot lately. With Eckler back, I think the Chargers will move the ball better and it will benefit them Vs the Pats. Plus, Ramsey will be on Hopkins and Gilmore has been pretty ineffective this year so Allen should be fine. Herbert is no ordinary rookie. Even Flacco did ok Vs the Pats, I think Murray is just having trouble right now. Go with Herbert!:thmup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's a tough matchup either way. I'd go Herbert probably as I agree Murray has struggled a lot lately. With Eckler back, I think the Chargers will move the ball better and it will benefit them Vs the Pats. Plus, Ramsey will be on Hopkins and Gilmore has been pretty ineffective this year so Allen should be fine. Herbert is no ordinary rookie. Even Flacco did ok Vs the Pats, I think Murray is just having trouble right now. Go with Herbert!:thmup:

 

You don't think BBs record vs Rookie QBs should be factored in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

You don't think BBs record vs Rookie QBs should be factored in?

A little, but not as much with this Pats team. The only constant is Belichick. Brady is gone, the team is barren on defense besides Gilmore, and Herbert is better than most Rookie QBs. I don't think Belichick will be able to just shut him down like most other rookie QBs. He also has weapons on offense to help out and Eckler is back in the run game now. I think Herbert is good for 20 points in fantasy, maybe a bit more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A little, but not as much with this Pats team. The only constant is Belichick. Brady is gone, the team is barren on defense besides Gilmore, and Herbert is better than most Rookie QBs. I don't think Belichick will be able to just shut him down like most other rookie QBs. He also has weapons on offense to help out and Eckler is back in the run game now. I think Herbert is good for 20 points in fantasy, maybe a bit more.

 

Thanks for your advice :thmup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CR91 said:

@2006Coltsbestever @Jared CisnerosCisneros 

 

Hey. Need some advice. I'm in the semi finals in my league and I'm considering benching Murray for Herbert. Murray is playing the Rams and Herbert is playing the Patriots. Murray since injuring his shoulder, is not running which is taking a lot of his fantasy appeal away and the Rams have a top 5 defense. Herbert against the Patriots worries me though because Rookies that play BBs defense struggle.

 

 

That is an early playoffs, in week 13.

 

One thing I have learnt is not take the "go with the guns that got you there" advice at every single position. Last year, Carson Wentz was my QB and because I kept winning with Mark Ingram, Chris Carson, Austin Ekeler and Michael Thomas last year, I ignored the productivity I could have gotten more out of the QB position. In the championship game, there were better options with guys that were hot going in, like Ryan Fitzpatrick that I ignored. Fitzpatrick scored twice as much as Carson Wentz and would have won the championship game for me in Week 16, he was going against the Bengals. If you remember, he took down the Patriots on the road in week 17 to give the Chiefs the bye week as a #2 seed and the rest is history.

 

Lo behold, he is going against the Bengals in week 13 this year. You know where I am heading with this - if he is available, and starts over Tua, I would fire him up since he is good for 2-3 good streaky games and he just started with 1 with the Jets. The way his defense is playing, he should get plenty of opportunities vs the Bengals and TDs too. The fact that he got benched for Tua despite playing well will give him an extra chip on his shoulder to prove folks wrong and not turn it over to give an excuse for another benching.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

That is an early playoffs, in week 13.

 

One thing I have learnt is not take the "go with the guns that got you there" advice at every single position. Last year, Carson Wentz was my QB and because I kept winning with Mark Ingram, Chris Carson, Austin Ekeler and Michael Thomas last year, I ignored the productivity I could have gotten more out of the QB position. In the championship game, there were better options with guys that were hot going in, like Ryan Fitzpatrick that I ignored. Fitzpatrick scored twice as much as Carson Wentz and would have won the championship game for me in Week 16, he was going against the Bengals. If you remember, he took down the Patriots on the road in week 17 to give the Chiefs the bye week as a #2 seed and the rest is history.

 

Lo behold, he is going against the Bengals in week 13 this year. You know where I am heading with this - if he is available, and starts over Tua, I would fire him up since he is good for 2-3 good streaky games and he just started with 1 with the Jets. The way his defense is playing, he should get plenty of opportunities vs the Bengals and TDs too. The fact that he got benched for Tua despite playing well will give him an extra chip on his shoulder to prove folks wrong and not turn it over to give an excuse for another benching.

 

I don't know. That's risky especially if Flores wants to pull him. It's not like Fitz had a great game vs the jets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

I don't know. That's risky especially if Flores wants to pull him. It's not like Fitz had a great game vs the jets.

 

Is Kirk Cousins available then? He has thrown for 3 TDs at home the last 2 times he has played at home and gets the Jaguars at home next. I am certain he will deliver.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Is Kirk Cousins available then? He has thrown for 3 TDs at home the last 2 times he has played at home and gets the Jaguars at home next. I am certain he will deliver.

 

No. He's not available

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

No. He's not available

 

If that is the case, Herbert is your best bet due to the fact he spreads it around. Belichick takes out the top 2 options and it always ends up the 3rd option or the RB that does damage. Herbert, though he prefers Keenan Allen, is willing to go Henry or his RB for his passing TDs, so Herbert is the better bet than Murray. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CR91 said:

@2006Coltsbestever @Jared CisnerosCisneros 

 

Hey. Need some advice. I'm in the semi finals in my league and I'm considering benching Murray for Herbert. Murray is playing the Rams and Herbert is playing the Patriots. Murray since injuring his shoulder, is not running which is taking a lot of his fantasy appeal away and the Rams have a top 5 defense. Herbert against the Patriots worries me though because Rookies that play BBs defense struggle.

 

Just now seeing this but I agree with @Jared Cisneros, I would roll with Herbert.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

I don't know. That's risky especially if Flores wants to pull him. It's not like Fitz had a great game vs the jets.

 

I still have this sneaky suspicion Fitz will go off. But I understand your concern, I have that every time his name comes up on a plus matchup while I am in the playoffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

 

I still have this sneaky suspicion Fitz will go off. But I understand your concern, I have that every time his name comes up on a plus matchup while I am in the playoffs.

 

If this was a regular season game, I'd consider it, but not in the playoffs. Also my opponent has Keenan Allen so I can cap whatever he gets with Herbert

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@2006Coltsbestever @Jared CisnerosCisneros @chad72

 

I'm thinking of benching Hopkins for David Johnson who I just picked up on Waivers. Hopkins hasn't really done anything outside the hail mary in weeks and Johnson is playing the colts and with Fuller suspended, one less mouth to feed. Also I might have found a solution to my QB problem as someone dropped Taysom Hill. I put a claim

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

@2006Coltsbestever @Jared CisnerosCisneros @chad72

 

I'm thinking of benching Hopkins for David Johnson who I just picked up on Waivers. Hopkins hasn't really done anything outside the hail mary in weeks and Johnson is playing the colts and with Fuller suspended, one less mouth to feed. Also I might have found a solution to my QB problem as someone dropped Taysom Hill. I put a claim

 

 

I wouldn't do this. Hopkins is still a no1 WR and David Johnson probably won't run for much at all against the Colts with Buckner and Autry back. I realize Hopkins is going against Ramsey, but you have to trust him. It's more of Kyler Murray being hurt then Hopkins tbh. Use Hopkins.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I wouldn't do this. Hopkins is still a no1 WR and David Johnson probably won't run for much at all against the Colts with Buckner and Autry back. I realize Hopkins is going against Ramsey, but you have to trust him. It's more of Kyler Murray being hurt then Hopkins tbh. Use Hopkins.

 

Even Metcalf and Lockett had bad games along with Wilson and Murray is still hurt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR91 said:

@2006Coltsbestever @Jared CisnerosCisneros @chad72

 

I'm thinking of benching Hopkins for David Johnson who I just picked up on Waivers. Hopkins hasn't really done anything outside the hail mary in weeks and Johnson is playing the colts and with Fuller suspended, one less mouth to feed. Also I might have found a solution to my QB problem as someone dropped Taysom Hill. I put a claim

 

 

I am having Tim Tebow flashbacks with Taysom Hill, to be honest. You have to hope the Saints' defense gives him enough short fields. His passing leaves a lot to be desired. You said you don't want to take the chance on Fitzpatrick, this game is at Atlanta who are stout against the run and playing him twice in 3 weeks. Remember what happened when the Titans played us twice in 3 weeks??? The newness has worn off and there is more film on his tendencies. Don't tell me I did not warn you. :) 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

I am having Tim Tebow flashbacks with Taysom Hill, to be honest. You have to hope the Saints' defense gives him enough short fields. His passing leaves a lot to be desired. You said you don't want to take the chance on Fitzpatrick, this game is at Atlanta who are stout against the run and playing him twice in 3 weeks. Remember what happened when the Titans played us twice in 3 weeks??? The newness has worn off and there is more film on his tendencies. Don't tell me I did not warn you. :) 

 

 

Broncos had film and he scored two tds. I don't see where you're getting stout and falcons defense. They have been terrible all year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@CR91, as usual @Jared Cisnerosbeat me to the punch. Just now seeing this but I agree with Jared I play Hopkins no matter what or who he is playing. One of the reasons why I won my league in 2018 was because of him (I had Luck as well lol) but he hasn't lost a step in 2020 compared to then. 

 

Take away the hail mary and Hopkins has averaged 5 points in standard leagues the last month, he's going up against the top defense in football vs Ramsey, and Murray is still nursing his shoulder. Even Metcalf and Lockett struggled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Take away the hail mary and Hopkins has averaged 5 points in standard leagues the last month, he's going up against the top defense in football vs Ramsey, and Murray is still nursing his shoulder. Even Metcalf and Lockett struggled.

True but he is still capable of having a huge Fantasy day. I would still play him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True but he is still capable of having a huge Fantasy day. I would still play him. 

 

I know, but I just don't see it. I just think David Johnson is the better option. The colts have given up 8 tds to RBs in the last 4 games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I know, but I just don't see it. I just think David Johnson is the better option. The colts have given up 8 tds to RBs in the last 4 games.

Henry is a big part of that because of last week scoring 3, to me he is best RB in football. Buckner is back this week too. Hopkins has had a couple of off weeks so he may have a big Sunday - law of averages. Rams do have a solid Defense so he may not but if it was me I would still play him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Henry is a big part of that because of last week scoring 3, to me he is best RB in football. Buckner is back this week too. Hopkins has had a couple of off weeks so he may have a big Sunday - law of averages. Rams do have a solid Defense so he may not but if it was me I would still play him.

 

Jones and williams scored. Foreman and Gus Edwards. Not exactly marquee RBs outside Jones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Broncos had film and he scored two tds. I don't see where you're getting stout and falcons defense. They have been terrible all year.


Broncos didn’t have a QB to put up points whatsoever. Matt Ryan with a healthy Julio Jones and Ridley at home will be a different proposition. Falcons have not given up rushing production as much throughout the year, look it up. You have to beat them through the air and that’s where my doubts are with Taysom Hill.

 

Go ahead and play Taysom Hill and we can touch base after the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:


Broncos didn’t have a QB to put up points whatsoever. Matt Ryan with a healthy Julio Jones and Ridley at home will be a different proposition. Falcons have not given up rushing production as much throughout the year, look it up. You have to beat them through the air and that’s where my doubts are with Taysom Hill.

 

Go ahead and play Taysom Hill and we can touch base after the game.

 

And the saints defense shut them down just two weeks ago. In fact, Matt Ryan vs the saints the last three games has put up below average stats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

And the saints defense shut them down just two weeks ago. In fact, Matt Ryan vs the saints the last three games has put up below average stats.


It’s your decision bro, you make your bed. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, chad72 said:


It’s your decision bro, you make your bed. :) 

 

Lol. You're acting like falcons are a good defense. Even if I went with Fitz, there is no guarantee he finishes the game with Tua back from injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Lol. You're acting like falcons are a good defense. Even if I went with Fitz, there is no guarantee he finishes the game with Tua back from injury.


Again, it’s your team. You asked for input, I gave it. You don’t have to agree or convince me otherwise. :thmup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Are you comfortable with the majority of our cap going to one group cause I'm not   I think Kelly and Glow are replaceable down the road but Smith and Q deserve to come back.    Sportrac projected a 4/72 TW to 49ers   Thats 18m plus similar to what Q will get and I'm guessing 14m or so Smith   Thats almost 60m for 3 guys   No thanks 
    • Was he a PTBNL in the Hopkins deal  
    • Unfortunately we are going to be losing some good to great players over time as the wallet just won't be big enough.  On a positive note we should start getting draft compensation for their big signings.
    • I understand that G's typically make less than tackles in the NFL.  That said, I find it hard to believe Q will get a smaller contract than Smith as Q is a 3x 1st team all-pro and 3x pro-bowler, whereas Smith is a very solid RT, but not widely considered the best in the league at his position.  Of course if they move Q to LT and he excels, that totally changes the scenario.  Additionally, Scherff is 29 and has been named 1st team all-pro 1x over a longer career than Q.  Q is 24 and has been named to 3 consecutive 1st team all-pro.  The fact that he's 5 years younger and has a better resume leads me to believe he'll be getting more $ than Scherff.   Also, I expect Leonard to set the market.  Lavonte David is good and all, but he was a 1st team all pro in 2013, and a 2nd team all-pro in 2016 and 2020.  He's also 31 years old.  Leonard is 25 and the only other LBer in the NFL who has been an all-pro the past 3 years is Bobby Wagner.  Wagner at age 31 is making $18 mill per year... unless he gets hurt, my guess is a 26 year old Leonard will be looking at atleast that, if he has his 4th consecutive all-pro year, I'm thinking he'll be looking at $20 mil/year (so if L. David gets 3 years $40-50 mil, Leonard would be getting 3 years $54-60 Mil).
    • I’m happy for JJW....   but it turns out money was more important than he let on.   Originally it leaked that money was less important.   That the chance of winning was the most important issue.   Well...   didn’t JJW just sign into the number one most difficult division?   The NFC West has Ari, Sea, SF,  and the LAR.   Nothing easy about that.    Plus, Tom Pellisaro of NFLN, reports Watt’s agent told teams the bidding started at $14m a year, or don’t even bother.      I don’t care that he may have gone to the highest bidder.  I only care that he said one thing, yet did the opposite.  Rubs me the wrong way a little.    Good luck to JJ...
  • Members

    • Mackrel829

      Mackrel829 70

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • UKColt13

      UKColt13 161

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • colts8718

      colts8718 154

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PrincetonTiger

      PrincetonTiger 8,231

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MFT5

      MFT5 227

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • buccolts

      buccolts 2,486

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 6,371

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsUrUs

      ColtsUrUs 25

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shepman

      Shepman 139

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SOMDColtsfan

      SOMDColtsfan 100

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...