Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Technically, I don’t believe he was released.

I believe his contract was up and we elected not to re-sign him to a new deal.   If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone will come along soon enough to correct me and set the record straight. 

This.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I believe his contract was up and we elected not to re-sign him to a new deal.   If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone will come along soon enough to correct me and set the record straight. 

Nope you got it.

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The last time CB talked about it, AV was continuing his rehab from surgery and he was gonna talk to him after that point if AV decided he wanted to play again. Depending on how the current kickers do in training camp, who knows what CB will do

• Like 2
4 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Adam Vinatieri was concerned that signing a Colts contract would lower his Social Security benefit.

Actually his Social Security would go up with another contract. Those benefits are based off a 12 month average what a person makes in the last 35 years leading up to their pre- retirement. 

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Actually his Social Security would go up with another contract. Those benefits are based off a 12 month average what a person makes in the last 35 years leading up to their pre- retirement. 

But when you're THAT old ... you get penalized.

2 hours ago, CoachLite said:

He wouldn't as long as he waits till his age requirement comes around. 

He is worth around 13 million so I doubt he will draw early. 

At his age and with his money he can find other work or do nothing. He still has over 20+years of his working life to do what ever he wants. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

3 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Taking notes.... I’m THAT old :lecture:

bbc no GIF

• Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Probably a good thing, so all the haters can celebrate and get over it lol. My only hope is he didn't get cut for falling of the wagon and did something stupid again. And only hope he keep on the straight and narrow regardless of what he does in the future.
    • He said not coaches or one day contracts which is how those guys did.   I forgot about him, but he also is more of the not bigger named guy. He had less than a fullseason of total games over the 2 years he was there
    • Look man I don’t know what’s going on in there and you don’t either. I’m sure he is likable because so many people say it.  But I would be surprised if there weren’t several guys who were rolling their eyes when they brought JB in on that goal line play.  I’d also be surprised if many players weren’t aware that JB has gotten a lot of praise and more importantly so much money with such an abysmal number of horrific QBR games and he got progressively worse. I would be absolutely shocked if offensive players weren’t happy PR was brought in.  JB is also a stat killer which leads to lost money.     I don’t think JB gives a team a very good chance of winning any game.     I can see why people look at the 5and 2 but JB was not any good overall the first 7 games and was godawful in his last 7.     hes 27 or so and has no future here.  We have to develop someone or start losing a lot quickly for draft position because this team will need someone soon.   There is a few types of players I’d prefer. 1. A vet who has won some games.  Hasselbach, Foles,  Smith types.2.  A lights out athlete that might be able to shock another team if he has to come in for a game or two. 3.  Or someone being developed.   if we knew we had our guy, that would be one thing.   i totally wanted rivers and am glad we have him but he is on short time.  I think you are wasting a spot.   we could have had newton, Winston, dalton and a number of others As backups.  if we were really that serious about this year.  We could have cut JB and signed two of those guys if we wanted to.p without losing any money.        
    • Yeah listing the defense is a little tougher. I have to think about it. Offense was pretty easy. Leaving Edge off bothers me but Dickerson was better IMO and played here long enough to make this team. Dickerson was better than Faulk as well at least IMO. 
    • Well that’s the thing trey back they are healthy at TE now as Doyle played last week and Mo has been ballin out.
  • Members

• wordofmouth

wordofmouth 157

• Shive

Shive 2,481

Moderators
    • KB

KB 507

• Fisticuffs111

Fisticuffs111 2,446

• Nickster

Nickster 459