Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts rb room projected at....

35 minutes ago, KB said:

Glad we're 3, but how are the titans at 11? 

I think this might be the opposite of a point that @Chucklez made in the QB Room thread.  They said the QB Room is only as good as the starter.

For the RB Room, it really is about the committee as a unit.

So while Henry is one of the best starters in the NFL, the 1-2 combo of Mack and Taylor makes a better overall unit.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I hope so! It would be very nice to have a dominant running game.

Stats might not bear out dominant....but when they wanted to last year, they ran it down pretty much whoever's throat they wanted..... Aka "Run the damn ball"

11 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I think this might be the opposite of a point that @Chucklez made in the QB Room thread.  They said the QB Room is only as good as the starter.

So while Henry is one of the best starters in the NFL, the 1-2 combo of Mack and Taylor makes a better overall unit.

Absolutely agree with this for the RB room.

If Taylor works out, we have definitely got a top 3 unit for the league. Taylor and Mack behind that O-line is a scary thing. It will be relentless for opposing defenses.

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Yikes, that list is all sorts of crazy.

Yeah...this list is out there. NYJ with Bell/Gore at #16? NE and Michel/Harris/White at #14? I love Ekeler...but LAC at #8...with Justin Jackson and Joshua Kelley?

I almost stopped watching when I saw where MIN was ranked. And then she had DAL at #12 as well...they were #3 in the league in rushing (DVOA) last year. CAR and TEN were right after DAL...haha. If you have a top 5 NFL RB...you have a top 5 RB room...because that player is getting the vast majority of work. 

I like the hype though...and I am super stoked to see what Taylor can do. But right now I think the Colts have a top 10 RB duo...for it to be the #3 RB room...Taylor has to be a Zeke or Cook type player right away.

11 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

But when Henry accounts for 80% of the RB opportunity share for TEN (RB carries + targets)...he essentially is the RB unit. At that point...you just need a good backup/change of pace RB...and TEN added a very promising one...who was only drafted one round later than Taylor.  

Similarly with DAL...who drafted a very good backup RB in Pollard...ranking them this low makes no sense...and the fact they were top 5 rush offenses last year gives it even less credence.

I like these videos...but I wish there was some type of explanation to how a team like TEN or DAL isn't a top 5 RB unit...instead of just highlights.