Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Skai Moore opting out of the season


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

 

Just a PS LB so not a really a loss

 

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

Just got the ESPN notification. No additional info yet.

 

Merged.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stitches said:

That's it. Enough is enough. I'm done with the NFL.

Sarcasm?

 

Or Skai Moore opting out is enough to have you opt out as a fan....

 

EDIT:   Green font equals sarcasm for you.  Got it!  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

Good business decision....depending on his circumstances, getting paid 150-350k this year beats getting cut and having to find something else.

 

Does a player opting out preclude that player from being cut? If so, I would expect a lot of players in the middle or back end of the roster to opt out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

Good business decision....depending on his circumstances, getting paid 150-350k this year beats getting cut and having to find something else.

It is a advance on his next year salary.  If he is cut next year he will still owe this amount.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I don’t think so and a player cannot opt after Thursday 

Players can opt out after Thursday in certain instances.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Good business decision....depending on his circumstances, getting paid 150-350k this year beats getting cut and having to find something else.

I have a feeling you're gonna see a LOT of fringe players do that. And its a smart move as well as a loop hole.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! I was hoping we'd be the last team with no opt-outs! haha

 

On a positive note, Skai Moore probably wasn't making the team anyway. Especially with the addition of Jordan Glasgow. So we got pretty lucky if someone did opt-out! :thmup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I have a feeling you're gonna see a LOT of fringe players do that. And its a smart move as well as a loop hole.

I would think it would be the reverse because if you opt out it requires the team to replace you and if your a fringe player once your replaced you generally don’t get your job back.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I would think it would be the reverse because if you opt out it requires the team to replace you and if your a fringe player once your replaced you generally don’t get your job back.  

Also if it’s the $150K stipend it must be paid back. It’s just an advance on next year’s salary. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ar1888 said:

It is a advance on his next year salary.  If he is cut next year he will still owe this amount.

Yeah, but are you confident enough to bet on yourself after a year? Or do you just say nah, I don't wanna have the loan, that you might not get otherwise?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Also if it’s the $150K stipend it must be paid back. It’s just an advance on next year’s salary. 
 

 

30 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I would think it would be the reverse because if you opt out it requires the team to replace you and if your a fringe player once your replaced you generally don’t get your job back.  

 

8 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Yeah, but are you confident enough to bet on yourself after a year? Or do you just say nah, I don't wanna have the loan, that you might not get otherwise?

All true, but if one was smart, they'd take that 150-350 grand, drop it into a well based, but dividend paying stock, make 50-150 grand over the next few months, plus anything the stock gains, then sell it if you have to pay it back... keeping the gains and dividends of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, csmopar said:

 

 

All true, but if one was smart, they'd take that 150-350 grand, drop it into a well based, but dividend paying stock, make 50-150 grand over the next few months, plus anything the stock gains, then sell it if you have to pay it back... keeping the gains and dividends of course.

Actually, besides the top 5 stocks or so, stocks are down and they are hugely manipulated to begin with. Gold, Silver, and Cryptos are what these guys should invest it in. They are the highest performing assets right now. If they would of bought silver a couple months ago when it was down to $11-$12 per ounce, they would of already more than double their money. Gold, Silver, and Cryptos with a diverse portfolio are what to invest in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Actually, besides the top 5 stocks or so, stocks are down and they are hugely manipulated to begin with. Gold, Silver, and Cryptos are what these guys should invest it in. They are the highest performing assets right now. If they would of bought silver a couple months ago when it was down to $11-$12 per ounce, they would of already more than double their money. Gold, Silver, and Cryptos with a diverse portfolio are what to invest in.

Also good ideas. My point is that if they’re smart with it, they could make more than enough to support themselves if cut next season after opting out this year, even if they have to pay it back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Actually, besides the top 5 stocks or so, stocks are down and they are hugely manipulated to begin with. Gold, Silver, and Cryptos are what these guys should invest it in. They are the highest performing assets right now. If they would of bought silver a couple months ago when it was down to $11-$12 per ounce, they would of already more than double their money. Gold, Silver, and Cryptos with a diverse portfolio are what to invest in.

And you want to buy stocks when they are off their highs, you know, buy low, sell high. 
 

but I’m not sure about your 401k, but I’m up 27.19% with mine on the year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this ends his NFL career.   He was a backup or practice squad quality player who will now be taking a season off.  Be tough to sign with another team.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, csmopar said:

 

 

All true, but if one was smart, they'd take that 150-350 grand, drop it into a well based, but dividend paying stock, make 50-150 grand over the next few months, plus anything the stock gains, then sell it if you have to pay it back... keeping the gains and dividends of course.

Do you need a job?  I work in investing and we could really use a guy like you. 

The pay is really good, if you can promise what you said.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Robin said:

Do you need a job?  I work in investing and we could really use a guy like you. 

The pay is really good, if you can promise what you said.

 

I'm pretty sure there's some sarcasm there, but no, i don't.  I like my job.  Investing is a hobby for me.  But it can be done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I'm pretty sure there's some sarcasm there, but no, i don't.  I like my job.  Investing is a hobby for me.  But it can be done. 

There where a lot of sarcasm  :)

I just thought it was fun, how easy you made it sound. If that was the case we would all be rich.

but as a hobby investor you know, he could just as well loose 10%+ within the next months

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robin said:

There where a lot of sarcasm  :)

I just thought it was fun, how easy you made it sound. If that was the case we would all be rich.

but as a hobby investor you know, he could just as well loose 10%+ within the next months

very true, or more. I didn't say it wasn't gambling. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • The person who lost it is you.   You posted,  IN THIS THREAD,  that we were bottom-5.   Turns out,  we're not.   We're bottom 10.   And, as I noted,  only you would complain about throwing 33 times a game.      Once again,  you demonstrate how little you know about football.    You try to twist facts to make your point.   Your incorrect point.   Funny how you again use the J'Ville game when you think it helps you make a point.   Because the previous day you told me NOT to use because it was "irrelevant".   Your word,  not mine.   So, it's irrelevent when I make a point with it,  but it's perfectly fine when you try to use it.   How classicly YOU!   Don't look now,  but I'm running circles around your argument.   Now,  not only aren't stats your friend,  but words aren't your friend either.  This just keeps getting worse for you.   The more you post about this,  the worse it gets for you.   But, by all means, keep doubling down on a losing hand.  You have a lot of experience doing that.    Carry on!  
    • How Rivers did week 1 is irrelevant?    Are you certifiable?    You've been complaining about it ever since.    Throwing 46 times wasn't the game plan.   But you didn't seem to notice that against that terrible run defense we couldn't manage to gain 90 yards.   And we threw for nearly 400.    So you demonstrate your lack of understanding of football.   The game plan wasn't working,  so we went with what WAS WORKING.    The passing game.   And we backed off the running game.     And by the way,  one of the reasons why the running game wasn't working was the lack of the pre-season.     But, that's just you being you!    LOL!!  
    • Really?  That's the best you got?   A childish insult that sounds like it came from a 12 year old?   That's the best you got?   In my more than 8 years here, I've never met someone more afraid of writing words than you.   They're like your kryptonite.   And stop trying to be the school-yard bully telling me what to do and not to do.   That's not going to work either.   Your such a coward running as far away from any fight you think you can't win.   Not changing anything?    That's what you do to any topic that you can't win.   Happens all the time.   Which is why I write about it all the time.    This is not new territory.   So, the next time you want to insult me,  do yourself a favor,  use one of your Life Lines!   Try the Phone-a-Friend feature and ask someone else for a better insult than "wise old lady".    If that's the best you got,  well,  It's just pitiful.   Good Luck.  
    • you misinterpreted his comment. Try reading it again
  • Members

    • ReMeDy

      ReMeDy 2,892

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mr_486lo

      Mr_486lo 34

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IinD

      IinD 3,076

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • life long

      life long 350

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • UKColt13

      UKColt13 1,455

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solon

      Solon 582

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 21,702

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...