Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Skai Moore opting out of the season

CR91

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

Good business decision....depending on his circumstances, getting paid 150-350k this year beats getting cut and having to find something else.

Does a player opting out preclude that player from being cut? If so, I would expect a lot of players in the middle or back end of the roster to opt out.

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

Good business decision....depending on his circumstances, getting paid 150-350k this year beats getting cut and having to find something else.

It is a advance on his next year salary.  If he is cut next year he will still owe this amount.

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I have a feeling you're gonna see a LOT of fringe players do that. And its a smart move as well as a loop hole.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I have a feeling you're gonna see a LOT of fringe players do that. And its a smart move as well as a loop hole.

I would think it would be the reverse because if you opt out it requires the team to replace you and if your a fringe player once your replaced you generally don’t get your job back.  

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I would think it would be the reverse because if you opt out it requires the team to replace you and if your a fringe player once your replaced you generally don’t get your job back.  

Also if it’s the $150K stipend it must be paid back. It’s just an advance on next year’s salary. 

21 minutes ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Also if it’s the $150K stipend it must be paid back. It’s just an advance on next year’s salary. 

30 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

8 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Yeah, but are you confident enough to bet on yourself after a year? Or do you just say nah, I don't wanna have the loan, that you might not get otherwise?

All true, but if one was smart, they'd take that 150-350 grand, drop it into a well based, but dividend paying stock, make 50-150 grand over the next few months, plus anything the stock gains, then sell it if you have to pay it back... keeping the gains and dividends of course.

27 minutes ago, csmopar said:

All true, but if one was smart, they'd take that 150-350 grand, drop it into a well based, but dividend paying stock, make 50-150 grand over the next few months, plus anything the stock gains, then sell it if you have to pay it back... keeping the gains and dividends of course.

Actually, besides the top 5 stocks or so, stocks are down and they are hugely manipulated to begin with. Gold, Silver, and Cryptos are what these guys should invest it in. They are the highest performing assets right now. If they would of bought silver a couple months ago when it was down to $11-$12 per ounce, they would of already more than double their money. Gold, Silver, and Cryptos with a diverse portfolio are what to invest in.

46 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Actually, besides the top 5 stocks or so, stocks are down and they are hugely manipulated to begin with. Gold, Silver, and Cryptos are what these guys should invest it in. They are the highest performing assets right now. If they would of bought silver a couple months ago when it was down to $11-$12 per ounce, they would of already more than double their money. Gold, Silver, and Cryptos with a diverse portfolio are what to invest in.

Also good ideas. My point is that if they’re smart with it, they could make more than enough to support themselves if cut next season after opting out this year, even if they have to pay it back.

48 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

And you want to buy stocks when they are off their highs, you know, buy low, sell high. 

but I’m not sure about your 401k, but I’m up 27.19% with mine on the year. 

11 hours ago, csmopar said:

Do you need a job?  I work in investing and we could really use a guy like you. 

The pay is really good, if you can promise what you said.

5 minutes ago, Robin said:

Do you need a job?  I work in investing and we could really use a guy like you. 

The pay is really good, if you can promise what you said.

I'm pretty sure there's some sarcasm there, but no, i don't.  I like my job.  Investing is a hobby for me.  But it can be done. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I'm pretty sure there's some sarcasm there, but no, i don't.  I like my job.  Investing is a hobby for me.  But it can be done. 

There where a lot of sarcasm  :)

I just thought it was fun, how easy you made it sound. If that was the case we would all be rich.

but as a hobby investor you know, he could just as well loose 10%+ within the next months

2 minutes ago, Robin said:

There where a lot of sarcasm  :)

I just thought it was fun, how easy you made it sound. If that was the case we would all be rich.

but as a hobby investor you know, he could just as well loose 10%+ within the next months

very true, or more. I didn't say it wasn't gambling. 

Archived