Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the Next Pick 2020 Draft


Recommended Posts

   I don’t know if this has been posted before (it references the Coronavirus), and I don’t know if the way the Colts operate is the norm, but I’m so glad we have Irsay, Ballard and Reich. The Colts are building something special.

    I just hope we get to see a whole season!

GO COLTS!!!

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

   I don’t know if this has been posted before (it references the Coronavirus), and I don’t know if the way the Colts operate is the norm, but I’m so glad we have Irsay, Ballard and Reich. The Colts are building something special.

    I just hope we get to see a whole season!

GO COLTS!!!

 

 

I watched this last night. Something interesting Ballard said in this series was "talent defines the ceiling of a player, but their character defines the floor" or something to that effect. Very good knowledge from Ballard there. That's why we go after high character players, and why Brian Decker is so important to this scouting department.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I watched this last night. Something interesting Ballard said in this series was "talent defines the ceiling of a player, but their character defines the floor" or something to that effect. Very good knowledge from Ballard there. That's why we go after high character players, and why Brian Decker is so important to this scouting department.

It's going to very hard to lose Decker when he gets that inevitable job offer to GM somewhere... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It's going to very hard to lose Decker when he gets that inevitable job offer to GM somewhere... 

Honestly, I think he'll stay here. I'm more worried about losing Dodds or Morocco Brown. Decker is more of a specialist that gets inside of the players heads in order to learn about their character traits. He's not the type of guy that is an NFL GM IMO. JMO though. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly, I think he'll stay here. I'm more worried about losing Dodds or Morocco Brown. Decker is more of a specialist that gets inside of the players heads in order to learn about their character traits. He's not the type of guy that is an NFL GM IMO. JMO though. 

That's true. Dodds is probably pretty high on the NFL market radar. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

Dodds has stated (I can't remember where) that he prefers his position as the number 2 man and has already turned down interview opportunities in the past.

Yeah I remember reading that somewhere myself.

I would think Irsay would match any money offers made to him from other teams. We all know that sometimes the money can inter the picture when an offer is too much to resist. Hopefully he loves his job well enough where money don't enter the picture. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

   I don’t know if this has been posted before (it references the Coronavirus), and I don’t know if the way the Colts operate is the norm, but I’m so glad we have Irsay, Ballard and Reich. The Colts are building something special.

    I just hope we get to see a whole season!

GO COLTS!!!

 

 

 

Thanks for posting this.  I was happy to rewatch it all in one go after watching each episode as it was posted this offseason.

 

It was a memorable offseason with Covid and the way the draft was conducted.  Hopefully Pittman, Taylor and the rest of this class make it memorable for more reasons than the digital draft aspect.  :goodluck:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's why we go after high character players, and why Brian Decker is so important to this scouting department.

 

Amen!

 

11 hours ago, RollerColt said:

It's going to very hard to lose Decker when he gets that inevitable job offer to GM somewhere... 

 

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Decker is more of a specialist that gets inside of the players heads in order to learn about their character traits. He's not the type of guy that is an NFL GM IMO.

 

Yeah Decker seems to have a very unique job that puts him in that "specialist" category.  I don't know what his paycheck is like compared to Ballard, but he might prefer to just do what he does best and not have to worry about everything else that piles up on Ballards' plate all the time as an NFL GM.

 

He's like the corporate psychologist that just talks to people and doesn't have to actually "manage" them...  haha

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RollerColt said:

That's true. Dodds is probably pretty high on the NFL market radar. 

 

3 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Dodds has stated (I can't remember where) that he prefers his position as the number 2 man and has already turned down interview opportunities in the past.

 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah I remember reading that somewhere myself.

I would think Irsay would match any money offers made to him from other teams. We all know that sometimes the money can inter the picture when an offer is too much to resist. Hopefully he loves his job well enough where money don't enter the picture. 

 

I really respect Dodds for this.  I'm the same way.  I prefer being the "number 2" guy as well.  It's less stressful than being "the number 1" guy that has to manage absolutely everything.

 

I like being able to focus on my job and have someone above me that deals with all the stress, because when I'm in that #2 position, I know what needs to be done and I can do it to make the #1 guy less stressed, but I don't have to jump through all the hoops the #1 guy does.  It's like a symbiotic relationship.

 

It's basically being the "glue guy" that holds everything together, or the "grease guy" that takes care of every squeaky wheel, without having to deal with every little detail or being ultimately responsible for every single aspect of the whole operation.  In the whole "stress vs income" dilemma, I tend to lean toward slightly less income for significantly less stress in my life.  :D

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

 

 

I really respect Dodds for this.  I'm the same way.  I prefer being the "number 2" guy as well.  It's less stressful than being "the number 1" guy that has to manage absolutely everything.

 

I like being able to focus on my job and have someone above me that deals with all the stress, because when I'm in that #2 position, I know what needs to be done and I can do it to make the #1 guy less stressed, but I don't have to jump through all the hoops the #1 guy does.  It's like a symbiotic relationship.

 

It's basically being the "glue guy" that holds everything together, or the "grease guy" that takes care of every squeaky wheel, without having to deal with every little detail or being ultimately responsible for every single aspect of the whole operation.  In the whole "stress vs income" dilemma, I tend to lean toward slightly less income for significantly less stress in my life.  :D

I'm the opposite. I'm a control freak. I want to be in charge of every little detail of everything I do and not have to depend on others. That's why I didn't really play sports in school. I didn't want to have to depend on a team of players that may lose games for me. I just played pokemon, poker, and fantasy sports where I could do it by myself and was responsible for winning or losing and I couldn't blame anyone but myself for the outcome.

 

I do admire all of our scouts and GM for all the hard work they put into the draft process. The work has to be grueling. Especially this year with little physical interaction and having to do the draft on zoom. However, it looks like we got the majority of the players we wanted and we managed to get a couple extra draft picks as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm the opposite. I'm a control freak. I want to be in charge of every little detail of everything I do and not have to depend on others.

 

Does that include managing a large team of people you're responsible for?  Because if it does, I really respect you for that.

 

34 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's why I didn't really play sports in school. I didn't want to have to depend on a team of players that may lose games for me. I just played pokemon, poker, and fantasy sports where I could do it by myself and was responsible for winning or losing and I couldn't blame anyone but myself for the outcome.

 

I've accepted jobs/promotions before where I was the #1 guy managing large groups of people, and I absolutely hated it.  It's just too much stress.  Constant meetings.  Never-ending paperwork.  Endless hours.  Phone calls at every hour of every day about every little thing from every employee you're in charge of...

 

I guess I'm not a Peyton Manning.  I'm more of a role-player.  I'm the workhorse-do-everything-RB like Edge that makes Peytons' job easier without having to deal with the stress/demands of being Peyton Manning.  haha

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Does that include managing a large team of people you're responsible for?  Because if it does, I really respect you for that.

 

 

I've accepted jobs/promotions before where I was the #1 guy managing large groups of people, and I absolutely hated it.  It's just too much stress.  Constant meetings.  Never-ending paperwork.  Endless hours.  Phone calls at every hour of every day about every little thing from every employee you're in charge of...

 

I guess I'm not a Peyton Manning.  I'm more of a role-player.  I'm the workhorse-do-everything-RB like Edge that makes Peytons' job easier without having to deal with the stress/demands of being Peyton Manning.  haha

I've never had an actual job under a real boss in my life tbh. I have technically managed pokemon teams where we travel across the U.S. and play competitively for prizes, college scholarships, and other stuff though. Right now, I manage blackjack teams where I teach basic strategy and card counting and we go into casinos to win money sometimes (just a small operation, but I have to be sure everyone is good enough since it's a business). We aren't going to the casino right now because of the coronavirus.

 

Not technically the boss of a big company, but I was responsible for teams and still am winning money. I have two friends that play on fanduel with me, and we build lineups for baseball, basketball, and football. We've transitioned into other sports as well like golf, mma, and nascar. An interesting example here is I won $300 in a Colorado tournament for the NFL Draft on fanduel. We used a salary cap to predict who would go at each position and we had to get one of the first 4 players at each positions to qualify for points. You get 6, 3, 2 and then 1 for 1-4 respectively. You also got to pick a team you thought would trade the most. I picked the 49ers because they were cheap and I heard rumors they would trade down and also trade some players.

 

I didn't even let my mom cook for me as a kid as soon as I figured out I could make my meals more to my liking. Very picky eater, and she didn't cook for me exactly how I wanted. That helped me be more independent as an adult though (or it started it), so I guess it's a good thing in the end.

 

I honestly can't work with people very well, and I'm bipolar, so the two don't mix. That's why I do things where it's easy to get people to listen to me and I enjoy that don't feel like work.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've never had an actual job under a real boss in my life tbh.

 

I honestly can't work with people very well, and I'm bipolar, so the two don't mix.

 

I guess that explains some things.  And I don't mean that as an insult, I just didn't know that about you.  I'm realizing I might have been looking at some of your previous posts over the years in the wrong light.  No judgement.  Sorry if I ever came across as harsh (or a straight-up donkey) in the past.  I just didn't know you as well as I thought I did.  :shake:  I'll try to be more understanding going forward, even when we disagree about something.

 

(maybe @coltsfeva feels the same, I don't know.  If I'm not mistaken, there's been some back-and-forth between you two in the past...  I might be thinking of a different member, if so: apologies.  :pokerface:)

 

I was speaking kinda specifically about Ballard vs Dodds, ie: General Manager vs Assistant General Manager.  If I had a choice, I would choose Assistant General Manager (and not Assistant TO the General Manager for all you Office fans) ev-er-y time.  Being the General Manager is just not my gig.  haha

 

And hopefully you'll be more understanding going forward of people in Ballards' position where dealing with people is basically the whole premise of their job.  If they didn't draft the guy you wanted or sign the FA you wanted, or even achieve the goals you wanted record-wise, please realize how much else they had to deal with on an inter-personal level that you don't have to deal with on a day-to-day basis.  Because I've been there, and it's beyond stressful trying to get 10-20 people to do their job, much less trying to get 50-100 people to their job better than the the other 50-100 on the other sideline...  :thmup:

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

I guess that explains some things.  And I don't mean that as an insult, I just didn't know that about you.  I'm realizing I might have been looking at some of your previous posts over the years in the wrong light.  No judgement.  Sorry if I ever came across as harsh (or a straight-up donkey) in the past.  I just didn't know you as well as I thought I did.  :shake:  I'll try to be more understanding going forward, even when we disagree about something.

 

(maybe @coltsfeva feels the same, I don't know.  If I'm not mistaken, there's been some back-and-forth between you two in the past...  I might be thinking of a different member, if so: apologies.  :pokerface:)

 

I was speaking kinda specifically about Ballard vs Dodds, ie: General Manager vs Assistant General Manager.  If I had a choice, I would choose Assistant General Manager (and not Assistant TO the General Manager for all you Office fans) ev-er-y time.  Being the General Manager is just not my gig.  haha

 

And hopefully you'll be more understanding going forward of people in Ballards' position where dealing with people is basically the whole premise of their job.  If they didn't draft the guy you wanted or sign the FA you wanted, or even achieve the goals you wanted record-wise, please realize how much else they had to deal with on an inter-personal level that you don't have to deal with on a day-to-day basis.  Because I've been there, and it's beyond stressful trying to get 10-20 people to do their job, much less trying to get 50-100 people to their job better than the the other 50-100 on the other sideline...  :thmup:

I appreciate it Lucky. Nothing wrong with being Dodds, he still has a lot of say and has his voice heard. Decisions can be tough sometimes and it takes someone willing to accept credit and blame for them, especially at an NFL level. Ballard has done that exceptionally, and most of the things he's done deserve a lot of credit, and I'm happy I get a little peek at what the guys do in scouting players every year. 

 

I should give Reich a break though, he's trying to do what's best for the team. I just wish he was more of a risk-taker sometimes. However, I understand with Luck retiring it was tough on everybody. I think this year we can at least compete and with some luck (no pun intended), possibly make or win a SB. Our team has a lot of great talent (starting and depth), and that's something we haven't been able to say since the Polian days!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I appreciate it Lucky. Nothing wrong with being Dodds, he still has a lot of say and has his voice heard. Decisions can be tough sometimes and it takes someone willing to accept credit and blame for them, especially at an NFL level. Ballard has done that exceptionally, and most of the things he's done deserve a lot of credit, and I'm happy I get a little peek at what the guys do in scouting players every year. 

 

I should give Reich a break though, he's trying to do what's best for the team. I just wish he was more of a risk-taker sometimes. However, I understand with Luck retiring it was tough on everybody. I think this year we can at least compete and with some luck (no pun intended), possibly make or win a SB. Our team has a lot of great talent (starting and depth), and that's something we haven't been able to say since the Polian days!

 

Dude...

 

This was THE BEST post I have ever seen from you.  I wish there was a way to use multiple reactions, because I laughed, I cried, I liked, and I thank you for posting this.  :thanks:

 

Every single sentence was perfect.  ^This^ is the REAL @Jared Cisneros we all know and love!  :yahoo:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Dude...

 

This was THE BEST post I have ever seen from you.  I wish there was a way to use multiple reactions, because I laughed, I cried, I liked, and I thank you for posting this.  :thanks:

 

Every single sentence was perfect.  ^This^ was the REAL @Jared Cisneros we all know and love!  :yahoo:

Thank you Lucky! I appreciate that! I'll try to be more positive from now on. Luck retiring really wore my fandom down, and last year pushed my frustration over the edge. However, with the trade for Buckner, what looks to be a solid draft, and a great veteran in Rivers leading the team, I'm ready to go again! Lets go Colts! Lets dominate the rest of the league and show them who's boss! We beat Mahomes last year, we can do it again, especially with Rivers, Pittman, and Taylor added to the offense! 

 

Anyway, I appreciate you talking to me like a real person would and allowing us to have a good conversation. I'll keep in mind what you said. Have a good night!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thank you Lucky! I appreciate that! I'll try to be more positive from now on. Luck retiring really wore my fandom down, and last year pushed my frustration over the edge. However, with the trade for Buckner, what looks to be a solid draft, and a great veteran in Rivers leading the team, I'm ready to go again! Lets go Colts! Lets dominate the rest of the league and show them who's boss! We beat Mahomes last year, we can do it again, especially with Rivers, Pittman, and Taylor added to the offense! 

 

Anyway, I appreciate you talking to me like a real person would and allowing us to have a good conversation. I'll keep in mind what you said. Have a good night!

When Luck retired I knew our SB hopes flew out the window so I feel ya. I thought JB may be able to get us at least to the playoffs but that didn't even happen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I appreciate it Lucky. Nothing wrong with being Dodds, he still has a lot of say and has his voice heard. Decisions can be tough sometimes and it takes someone willing to accept credit and blame for them, especially at an NFL level. Ballard has done that exceptionally, and most of the things he's done deserve a lot of credit, and I'm happy I get a little peek at what the guys do in scouting players every year. 

 

I should give Reich a break though, he's trying to do what's best for the team. I just wish he was more of a risk-taker sometimes. However, I understand with Luck retiring it was tough on everybody. I think this year we can at least compete and with some luck (no pun intended), possibly make or win a SB. Our team has a lot of great talent (starting and depth), and that's something we haven't been able to say since the Polian days!

Great post.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When Luck retired I knew our SB hopes flew out the window so I feel ya. I thought JB may be able to get us at least to the playoffs but that didn't even happen.

I believe we'll draft a QB on day 2 in next year's draft. Then we'll have Eason, Kelly and the day 2 QB all compete for the starting job and have 3 QB's on the roster. Until then, Rivers is our stopgap QB for this year along with Brissett at QB in case Rivers goes down. This is just a guess though and what I would do if were Ballard or Reich.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I believe we'll draft a QB on day 2 in next year's draft. Then we'll have Eason, Kelly and the day 2 QB all compete for the starting job and have 3 QB's on the roster. Until then, Rivers is our stopgap QB for this year along with Brissett at QB in case Rivers goes down. This is just a guess though and what I would do if were Ballard or Reich.

Yeah I see that as well. JB will be gone after this year but I am ok with him being on the team this season. Rivers never gets injured but you never know. At least JB is a proven solid backup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thank you Lucky! I appreciate that! I'll try to be more positive from now on. Luck retiring really wore my fandom down, and last year pushed my frustration over the edge. However, with the trade for Buckner, what looks to be a solid draft, and a great veteran in Rivers leading the team, I'm ready to go again! Lets go Colts! Lets dominate the rest of the league and show them who's boss! We beat Mahomes last year, we can do it again, especially with Rivers, Pittman, and Taylor added to the offense! 

 

Anyway, I appreciate you talking to me like a real person would and allowing us to have a good conversation. I'll keep in mind what you said. Have a good night!

 

2nd Best Post ever!  haha

 

I LOVE positive Jared!

 

Luck retiring wore us all down.  I know @csmopar felt very strongly about Luck retiring the way he did, but it is what it is.  I think we're all ready to go, and 2020 can go fudge itself!  :censored:

 

We beat the world champs, in their house no less!  If any team is ready to take the crown, it's the COLTS!  :lombardi:  No cheating, no nonsense.

 

The right guys, the right way, the right time, we're gonna do this.  :colts:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I see that as well. JB will be gone after this year but I am ok with him being on the team this season. Rivers never gets injured but you never know. At least JB is a proven solid backup.

There's no real salary cap relief from cutting Brissett. If you don't trust Kelly, then keep Brissett as the backup to Rivers since Eason isn't ready yet and go for it this year. After next year it'll be easy to re-sign Kelly if you want him for cheap and you can promise him he'll be on the roster next year to fight for the starting job. This year, keep Brissett as backup in case you need him for a game or two and see what happens. Especially with the coronavirus, we may need 4 QBs anyway in a worst-case scenario.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There's no real salary cap relief from cutting Brissett. If you don't trust Kelly, then keep Brissett as the backup to Rivers since Eason isn't ready yet and go for it this year. After next year it'll be easy to re-sign Kelly if you want him for cheap and you can promise him he'll be on the roster next year to fight for the starting job. This year, keep Brissett as backup in case you need him for a game or two and see what happens. Especially with the coronavirus, we may need 4 QBs anyway in a worst-case scenario.

 

I'm about to address this in a separate thread, but if there's ever been a year to keep as many QBs as possible on your team "just in case"... it's definitely this year!  :thmup:

 

We may end up needing Rivers, Brissett, Kelly, AND Eason this year....  :woah:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

2nd Best Post ever!  haha

 

I LOVE positive Jared!

 

Luck retiring wore us all down.  I know @csmopar felt very strongly about Luck retiring the way he did, but it is what it is.  I think we're all ready to go, and 2020 can go fudge itself!  :censored:

 

We beat the world champs, in their house no less!  If any team is ready to take the crown, it's the COLTS!  :lombardi:  No cheating, no nonsense.

 

The right guys, the right way, the right time, we're gonna do this.  :colts:

Eventhough JB wasn't the main reason why we beat KC, we still beat them at KC with JB and the team around him. That says a lot. Rivers could do the same as Rivers is better.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Eventhough JB wasn't the main reason why we beat KC, we still beat them at KC with JB and the team around him. That says a lot. Rivers could do the same as Rivers is better.

Offensively, we can match up with KC now. We have a great one-two punch at RB, Rivers is our QB, nice WR's, the TE's are average/below average IMO, but they are passable. The O-line is elite. Our defense should do a decent job Vs their offense. LBers can stop Kelce and front 7 can get to Mahomes. Only worry is the secondary and can we stop Hill? Hopefully we'll have an answer to that. I can see Rock as a no1 CB very soon though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Offensively, we can match up with KC now. We have a great one-two punch at RB, Rivers is our QB, nice WR's, the TE's are average/below average IMO, but they are passable. The O-line is elite. Our defense should do a decent job Vs their offense. LBers can stop Kelce and front 7 can get to Mahomes. Only worry is the secondary and can we stop Hill? Hopefully we'll have an answer to that. I can see Rock as a no1 CB very soon though.

Yeah Hill is very dangerous, Kelce will still be tough to stop if we play them. Mahomes just finds a way to get those 2 the ball at critical times.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Hill is very dangerous, Kelce will still be tough to stop if we play them. Mahomes just finds a way to get those 2 the ball at critical times.

Mahomes is like Russell Wilson in the way he escapes the pocket. The only difference is he's an even better QB, which is scary. I seriously hope our secondary can do their job against the Chiefs should we face them next year. I'd love to see Rock become elite and Tell take a step forward. Honestly though, we probably need another CB in next year's draft as we traded Wilson and Hairston to the Jets and Desir was released (and went to the Jets haha)! TJ Carrie and Xavier Rhodes are under 1 year contracts as well, so that's probably our weakness on this team. I'm hoping Blackmon can play at some point this year and Hooker has a great contract year. That way we can either keep him or get a third round compensatory pick for him (those sure are nice)!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Mahomes is like Russell Wilson in the way he escapes the pocket. The only difference is he's an even better QB, which is scary. I seriously hope our secondary can do their job against the Chiefs should we face them next year. I'd love to see Rock become elite and Tell take a step forward. Honestly though, we probably need another CB in next year's draft as we traded Wilson and Hairston to the Jets and Desir was released (and went to the Jets haha)! TJ Carrie and Xavier Rhodes are under 1 year contracts as well, so that's probably our weakness on this team. I'm hoping Blackmon can play at some point this year and Hooker has a great contract year. That way we can either keep him or get a third round compensatory pick for him (those sure are nice)!

I liked what we did against them last year when we went man to man and just had guys like Houston rush the passer. Mahomes is the best QB in football IMO so to beat him it will take an A game. That is similar to playing against QB's like Wilson, Rodgers, and Jackson. The job the Titans against Jackson in the playoffs was perfect.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I liked what we did against them last year when we went man to man and just had guys like Houston rush the passer. Mahomes is the best QB in football IMO so to beat him it will take an A game. That is similar to playing against QB's like Wilson, Rodgers, and Jackson. The job the Titans against Jackson in the playoffs was perfect.

I kinda enjoyed the Titans win over Baltimore, and enjoy it even more now because we are very much like the Titans. If we use their blueprint, we can run all over the Chiefs and put pressure on Mahomes like they did on Lamar. We now have a physical WR in Pittman, a bruising RB in Taylor, and an elite DT that can defend the run and sack the QB in Buckner. Honestly, this team can beat anyone on the right day. Just have to get that pressure on Mahomes. 

 

Every day, that trade for Buckner looks better and better. Look what Khalil Mack and Jamal Adams cost in comparison. I'm thinking our pass rush is kinda questionable still, but Buckner will solidify the line and take up double teams, so it could mean more sacks for guys like Houston, Banogu, Turay, Muhammed, and even Leonard.

 

I would like to use more man coverage, but not against Hill. There's just no one that can cover him for us. We just need a double team on him. haha

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I kinda enjoyed the Titans win over Baltimore, and enjoy it even more now because we are very much like the Titans. If we use their blueprint, we can run all over the Chiefs and put pressure on Mahomes like they did on Lamar. We now have a physical WR in Pittman, a bruising RB in Taylor, and an elite DT that can defend the run and sack the QB in Buckner. Honestly, this team can beat anyone on the right day. Just have to get that pressure on Mahomes. 

 

Every day, that trade for Buckner looks better and better. Look what Khalil Mack and Jamal Adams cost in comparison. I'm thinking our pass rush is kinda questionable still, but Buckner will solidify the line and take up double teams, so it could mean more sacks for guys like Houston, Banogu, Turay, Muhammed, and even Leonard.

 

I would like to use more man coverage, but not against Hill. There's just no one that can cover him for us. We just need a double team on him. haha

To your 1st sentence I did too. They just punished the Ravens up front. We have that type of Line and running game too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

2nd Best Post ever!  haha

 

I LOVE positive Jared!

 

Luck retiring wore us all down.  I know @csmopar felt very strongly about Luck retiring the way he did, but it is what it is.  I think we're all ready to go, and 2020 can go fudge itself!  :censored:

 

We beat the world champs, in their house no less!  If any team is ready to take the crown, it's the COLTS!  :lombardi:  No cheating, no nonsense.

 

The right guys, the right way, the right time, we're gonna do this.  :colts:

:scoregood:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I kinda enjoyed the Titans win over Baltimore, and enjoy it even more now because we are very much like the Titans. If we use their blueprint, we can run all over the Chiefs and put pressure on Mahomes like they did on Lamar.

 

It is easier putting pressure on Lamar if you have him contained and you don't have to worry about him being too accurate moving back 10-15 yards. Mahomes is more accurate, so keeping him off the field is a better option like our win vs KC showed, by controlling clock heavily.

 

You are right, the team has the make up for it. Just want to see us contain Lamar on the ground first and we will get our chance to do so this year to show what we got.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

It is easier putting pressure on Lamar if you have him contained and you don't have to worry about him being too accurate moving back 10-15 yards. Mahomes is more accurate, so keeping him off the field is a better option like our win vs KC showed, by controlling clock heavily.

High power offenses can't score if they don't have the ball. 

The key is our defense not giving up big plays too. 

I am so tired of those dump off passes ending up 15-20 yards down the field. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...