Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't care to see him or that beard again.

Maybe I’m reading this guys tweet incorrectly?    He seems to be saying that Luck retired due to the snow boarding accident.   Couple of points to make....   1. Wasn’t the snowboardin

If he does it likely wouldn't be for the colts...

Posted Images

Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

If he does it likely wouldn't be for the colts...

I'd take that bet, lol. Irsay didn't let him keep that money to watch him win another team a superbowl in the event he un-retired.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If he does it likely wouldn't be for the colts...

I disagree.  I think the money Irsay gave him would be enough for him to stay loyal.   Also, the Colts strong O-line would be enticing.  A strong running game would be nice as well.  

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

When does his contract run out? After 2021?

 

Unless I'm mistaken, he would have a 3-year contract left once he opts to come back from retirement. At least in Gronk's case, the 1 year contract left was frozen the year he retired and he's playing out that year now with the Bucs.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I'd take that bet, lol. Irsay didn't let him keep that money to watch him win another team a superbowl in the event he un-retired.


I thought he’d back this year after taking a year off. Could be why Rivers only signed for 1 year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished season two of Umbrella Academy.  Now when someone says "I heard a rumor..." I try to ignore it as fast as possible.

 

I suggest everyone do the same with this one.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If he does it likely wouldn't be for the colts...

 

Colts have the rights to Luck, so if he played for another team, they would have to trade for him. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe I’m reading this guys tweet incorrectly?    He seems to be saying that Luck retired due to the snow boarding accident.

 

Couple of points to make....
 

1. Wasn’t the snowboarding accident several years ago?


2.  Didn’t the snowboarding accident result in a shoulder injury?

 

3.  Didn’t Luck retire due to some mysterious lower leg injury?
 

If this is all true, and I believe it is, the dots don’t connect.   In other words, this guy was wrong before and there’s no reason — for now — to believe he’d be right this time. 
 

If Luck comes back — great.   If he wants to play elsewhere — fine.  We’d get draft picks.  If he wants to play for the Colts — that’s fine too.   To me Luck coming back is a win-win.  And if not, we move on....

You are reading it incorrectly.  He is saying that he said he was the first to say that Luck's injury (shoulder) was due to a snowboarding accident and everyone laughed at him.  He then says that he said, 3 weeks before Luck retired, that Luck was going to retire.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

He'll come back so what... he can find another excuse to quit and pocket a few million more?

He's got plenty of money.   I think the only way he would come back is if he had the itch to play and thought he could win.   Maybe if Rivers and the Colts have a good season the chance at winning would be there.  

Very doubtful that he ever plays again.   I'd give it a 10% chance.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PureLuck said:

 

Unless I'm mistaken, he would have a 3-year contract left once he opts to come back from retirement. At least in Gronk's case, the 1 year contract left was frozen the year he retired and he's playing out that year now with the Bucs.

Correct.

 

i don’t think Luck is EVER coming back. Nor do I want him back nor should the team want him back. He left this team high and dry less than10 days before the start of the regular season. If I was an owner or a coach, I wouldn’t want him back unless there were some major stipulations added to his contract. Such as 100 percent reimbursement for all salaries paid from the time he was drafted if he were to retire again too close to the season. Put a cut off date around March 30th. Anything after that, he has to reimburse as stated above. Then and only then would I take him back

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You are reading it incorrectly.  He is saying that he said he was the first to say that Luck's injury (shoulder) was due to a snowboarding accident and everyone laughed at him.  He then says that he said, 3 weeks before Luck retired, that Luck was going to retire.  

 

So, the question is: can anyone confirm his claims? Surely there's a record of him saying these things when he claims to have said them.

 

If there is, he's proven credible, and we can take his Luck claims seriously.

 

If not, he's just another loud attention you-know-what on the Internet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Such as 100 percent reimbursement for all salaries paid from the time he was drafted if he were to retire again too close to the season.

 

Riiiiiigggghhhhttttt....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Superman said:

 

Riiiiiigggghhhhttttt....

I didn’t say it was realistic but that’s what I’d take for me as the owner or the coach or the gm. Course I am none of those things haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JacobysBiggestFan said:

 

So, the question is: can anyone confirm his claims? Surely there's a record of him saying these things when he claims to have said them.

 

If there is, he's proven credible, and we can take his Luck claims seriously.

 

If not, he's just another loud attention you-know-what on the Internet.

Not I.  I don't tweet, facebook, instagram, TikTok or any of that.  I was just breaking it down for NCF who asked if he was reading it incorrectly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I didn’t say it was realistic but that’s what I’d take for me as the owner or the coach or the gm. Course I am none of those things haha

 

Understood. The player and representation would probably file a grievance at the mere suggestion, given how brazenly it violates the CBA. That kind of stipulation would be completely unprecedented; a player retiring suddenly, close to the start of the season, is not unprecedented. There are no grounds for that kind of stipulation.

 

To be clear, I don't think Luck is ever coming back.

 

If Luck did express a desire to come back, I'd be skeptical about bringing him back and relying on him as a critical part of the team. 

 

If the Colts were to accept him back, I would assume they know certain things about his decision to retire, and what has changed since he made that decision. And they would be confident that those circumstances were resolved entirely.

 

But this is a waste of data, because it's not happening. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Superman said:

 

Understood. The player and representation would probably file a grievance at the mere suggestion, given how brazenly it violates the CBA. That kind of stipulation would be completely unprecedented; a player retiring suddenly, close to the start of the season, is not unprecedented. There are no grounds for that kind of stipulation.

 

To be clear, I don't think Luck is ever coming back.

 

If Luck did express a desire to come back, I'd be skeptical about bringing him back and relying on him as a critical part of the team. 

 

If the Colts were to accept him back, I would assume they know certain things about his decision to retire, and what has changed since he made that decision. And they would be confident that those circumstances were resolved entirely.

 

But this is a waste of data, because it's not happening. 

Agreed.  On parts

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Snowboarding is an expensive recreational activity - weed is costly.

Weed?    WEED?!?

 

You know he’s never been linked to it...

 

Where does this nonsense come from?     :facepalm:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If he decides to come back I am all for keeping rivers around the next couple of Years and  trade Luck for some number one picks and go get a QB. I don’t think I would want him back. Very awkward that would  be with rivers. Just trade Luck and use those picks to find the future. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Weed?    WEED?!?

 

You know he’s never been linked to it...

 

Where does this nonsense come from?     :facepalm:

If I had to guess it'd be snowboarding=Colorado=librul=weed or some other transitive property nonsense.

 

As nonsensical as the left-field post directly before yours about MSNBC/CNN. Lot of that going around.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Weed?    WEED?!?

 

You know he’s never been linked to it...

 

Where does this nonsense come from?     :facepalm:

Lol.  I’ve hear it’s the preferred mood-altering agent of the snow-board crowd.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, csmopar said:

Correct.

 

i don’t think Luck is EVER coming back. Nor do I want him back nor should the team want him back. He left this team high and dry less than10 days before the start of the regular season. If I was an owner or a coach, I wouldn’t want him back 

I want to agree, but he is very good when he plays and that trumps most other things.  If this current team plays as well as most think it will and then Rivers retires after this season, plugging Luck in would keep the train moving.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Myles said:

I want to agree, but he is very good when he plays and that trumps most other things.  If this current team plays as well as most think it will and then Rivers retires after this season, plugging Luck in would keep the train moving.  

Eh I’d honestly trade him, for a slew of 1st round picks. Which team has the worst OL in the league? I’d start there haha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't see him coming back. Especially with the climate the world is in right now. He has all the money he needs to live a comfortable life now without doing anything to jeopardize his health. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just the mere mention of this possibility is pretty divisive in it's way. I don't really see him coming back though. It only made sense to retire when and the way he did if he's truly over getting beat up for a game, a not one more minute kinda thing.

That said, people aren't so easy to peg down and I'd have to imagine that if you had the ability to be top flight athlete and paid like one, there's always going to be that internal dialog about "what the hell am I doing!?", if you're not living up to that.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • We’ve had our share of “dancing” RBs.  I’ll take Taylor’s style over that every time.  He gets the yards that are there.   Give him some time, the big runs are coming.  If he gets more consistent blocking on the 2nd level, like from the WRs, his average will increase.  But the guy rarely loses yards, has the necessary speed, can power thru guys when necessary, and has been very exciting on screens and short passes.  He’s had a good number of big gains that way.   Losing Pittman and Campbell has affected more of this offense than i think we realize. Pitt is the “Funchess” of last year. Remember how important that chess piece loss was a year ago?  And Campbell was the guy that could extend the field .... quickly.  With those two on the field, i’d love to see some defenses stack the box.   I also think Ds may stack more because of Rivers immobility than being unable to throw downfield.  Rivers cant extend plays like others, cutting down the time DBs need to cover.  Add in Reich’s love of quick hitting passes and RBs and TEs heavily utilized in passing and it makes sense forDs to favor playing more guys up.
    • So we now have Jones, Darnold, and Ryan threads.... Waiting for Fitzmagic, who has played better than all of them this year lol... 
    • Through six games, Rivers leads the league in big-time throws in the first half (per PFF) and is top 5 in deep throw accuracy.    Why do you guys have to blame Rivers for everything. 
    • When we passed on DK Metcalf I literally felt sick to my stomach..
    • Thank you..people treat him like he is a messiah or something..Ravens took a chance on Jackson..We could've found a way to get Jackson..We could've found a way to get Herbert..Just frustrating..Id rather try to win at all costs like some teams do, other than being overly cautious and being mediocre..
  • Members

    • IndyD4U

      IndyD4U 3,199

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • holeymoley99

      holeymoley99 255

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 6,956

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tate

      tate 2

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Zoltan

      Zoltan 353

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • buccolts

      buccolts 4,939

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • The Oopty Oop

      The Oopty Oop 48

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • pgt_rob

      pgt_rob 2,465

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indyfan4life

      Indyfan4life 1,515

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jshipp23

      jshipp23 1,573

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...