Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

*Rumor* Andrew Luck

CheezyColt

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If he does it likely wouldn't be for the colts...

I disagree.  I think the money Irsay gave him would be enough for him to stay loyal.   Also, the Colts strong O-line would be enticing.  A strong running game would be nice as well.  

2 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

When does his contract run out? After 2021?

Unless I'm mistaken, he would have a 3-year contract left once he opts to come back from retirement. At least in Gronk's case, the 1 year contract left was frozen the year he retired and he's playing out that year now with the Bucs.

26 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I'd take that bet, lol. Irsay didn't let him keep that money to watch him win another team a superbowl in the event he un-retired.

I thought he’d back this year after taking a year off. Could be why Rivers only signed for 1 year. 

Maybe I’m reading this guys tweet incorrectly?    He seems to be saying that Luck retired due to the snow boarding accident.

Couple of points to make....

1. Wasn’t the snowboarding accident several years ago?

2.  Didn’t the snowboarding accident result in a shoulder injury?

3.  Didn’t Luck retire due to some mysterious lower leg injury?

If this is all true, and I believe it is, the dots don’t connect.   In other words, this guy was wrong before and there’s no reason — for now — to believe he’d be right this time. 

If Luck comes back — great.   If he wants to play elsewhere — fine.  We’d get draft picks.  If he wants to play for the Colts — that’s fine too.   To me Luck coming back is a win-win.  And if not, we move on....

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe I’m reading this guys tweet incorrectly?    He seems to be saying that Luck retired due to the snow boarding accident.

Couple of points to make....

1. Wasn’t the snowboarding accident several years ago?

2.  Didn’t the snowboarding accident result in a shoulder injury?

3.  Didn’t Luck retire due to some mysterious lower leg injury?

If this is all true, and I believe it is, the dots don’t connect.   In other words, this guy was wrong before and there’s no reason — for now — to believe he’d be right this time. 

If Luck comes back — great.   If he wants to play elsewhere — fine.  We’d get draft picks.  If he wants to play for the Colts — that’s fine too.   To me Luck coming back is a win-win.  And if not, we move on....

You are reading it incorrectly.  He is saying that he said he was the first to say that Luck's injury (shoulder) was due to a snowboarding accident and everyone laughed at him.  He then says that he said, 3 weeks before Luck retired, that Luck was going to retire.  

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

He'll come back so what... he can find another excuse to quit and pocket a few million more?

He's got plenty of money.   I think the only way he would come back is if he had the itch to play and thought he could win.   Maybe if Rivers and the Colts have a good season the chance at winning would be there.  

Very doubtful that he ever plays again.   I'd give it a 10% chance.

2 hours ago, PureLuck said:

Unless I'm mistaken, he would have a 3-year contract left once he opts to come back from retirement. At least in Gronk's case, the 1 year contract left was frozen the year he retired and he's playing out that year now with the Bucs.

Correct.

i don’t think Luck is EVER coming back. Nor do I want him back nor should the team want him back. He left this team high and dry less than10 days before the start of the regular season. If I was an owner or a coach, I wouldn’t want him back unless there were some major stipulations added to his contract. Such as 100 percent reimbursement for all salaries paid from the time he was drafted if he were to retire again too close to the season. Put a cut off date around March 30th. Anything after that, he has to reimburse as stated above. Then and only then would I take him back

26 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You are reading it incorrectly.  He is saying that he said he was the first to say that Luck's injury (shoulder) was due to a snowboarding accident and everyone laughed at him.  He then says that he said, 3 weeks before Luck retired, that Luck was going to retire.  

So, the question is: can anyone confirm his claims? Surely there's a record of him saying these things when he claims to have said them.

If there is, he's proven credible, and we can take his Luck claims seriously.

If not, he's just another loud attention you-know-what on the Internet.

20 minutes ago, JacobysBiggestFan said:

So, the question is: can anyone confirm his claims? Surely there's a record of him saying these things when he claims to have said them.

If there is, he's proven credible, and we can take his Luck claims seriously.

If not, he's just another loud attention you-know-what on the Internet.

Not I.  I don't tweet, facebook, instagram, TikTok or any of that.  I was just breaking it down for NCF who asked if he was reading it incorrectly.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I didn’t say it was realistic but that’s what I’d take for me as the owner or the coach or the gm. Course I am none of those things haha

Understood. The player and representation would probably file a grievance at the mere suggestion, given how brazenly it violates the CBA. That kind of stipulation would be completely unprecedented; a player retiring suddenly, close to the start of the season, is not unprecedented. There are no grounds for that kind of stipulation.

To be clear, I don't think Luck is ever coming back.

If Luck did express a desire to come back, I'd be skeptical about bringing him back and relying on him as a critical part of the team. 

If the Colts were to accept him back, I would assume they know certain things about his decision to retire, and what has changed since he made that decision. And they would be confident that those circumstances were resolved entirely.

But this is a waste of data, because it's not happening. 

Just now, Superman said:

Understood. The player and representation would probably file a grievance at the mere suggestion, given how brazenly it violates the CBA. That kind of stipulation would be completely unprecedented; a player retiring suddenly, close to the start of the season, is not unprecedented. There are no grounds for that kind of stipulation.

To be clear, I don't think Luck is ever coming back.

If Luck did express a desire to come back, I'd be skeptical about bringing him back and relying on him as a critical part of the team. 

If the Colts were to accept him back, I would assume they know certain things about his decision to retire, and what has changed since he made that decision. And they would be confident that those circumstances were resolved entirely.

But this is a waste of data, because it's not happening. 

Agreed.  On parts

27 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Weed?    WEED?!?

You know he’s never been linked to it...

Where does this nonsense come from?     :facepalm:

If I had to guess it'd be snowboarding=Colorado=librul=weed or some other transitive property nonsense.

As nonsensical as the left-field post directly before yours about MSNBC/CNN. Lot of that going around.

14 hours ago, csmopar said:

Correct.

i don’t think Luck is EVER coming back. Nor do I want him back nor should the team want him back. He left this team high and dry less than10 days before the start of the regular season. If I was an owner or a coach, I wouldn’t want him back 

I want to agree, but he is very good when he plays and that trumps most other things.  If this current team plays as well as most think it will and then Rivers retires after this season, plugging Luck in would keep the train moving.  

32 minutes ago, Myles said:

I want to agree, but he is very good when he plays and that trumps most other things.  If this current team plays as well as most think it will and then Rivers retires after this season, plugging Luck in would keep the train moving.  

Eh I’d honestly trade him, for a slew of 1st round picks. Which team has the worst OL in the league? I’d start there haha

Just the mere mention of this possibility is pretty divisive in it's way. I don't really see him coming back though. It only made sense to retire when and the way he did if he's truly over getting beat up for a game, a not one more minute kinda thing.

That said, people aren't so easy to peg down and I'd have to imagine that if you had the ability to be top flight athlete and paid like one, there's always going to be that internal dialog about "what the hell am I doing!?", if you're not living up to that.

Archived