Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who has more up side Brissett or Eason?


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why would you say “who knows if it’s true”? 
 

Why would Reich lie?   What’s in it for him?
 

And why would this be hard to believe?   It’s the third year in the system for JB, so he has a huge head start over Eason.  Wouldn’t you expect the veteran to be ahead of the rookie in learning and understanding the system?  Does that seem unreasonable?   It takes most rookies a long time to pick up their first NFL system.

 

Remember...    even the great Patrick Mahomes sat out almost his entire rookie season.   He played one game.   Even Lamar Jackson didn’t play much as a rookie and even when he did they prepared a small limited number of plays for him and that’s all he was allowed to do.   That’s the way it is for MOST rookies.  
 

Guys like Andrew Luck are the exception to the rule. 

Reich is a optimist. He always puts a good spin on things no matter what.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Then why isn’t he putting a good spin on Eason?  

He will when he is ask about him. 

We all know that Frank is not going to say anything that would discourage or down grade any of his players. That's why the players like to play for him. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He will when he is ask about him. 

We all know that Frank is not going to say anything that would discourage or down grade any of his players. That's why the players like to play for him. 

Yep.  It's what he should do.  There is no upside if he would say something like - "We know Brissett has a low ceiling.  He is what he is at this point and can win half the games he starts.  He doesn't read the field well".

 

When he is asked about Eason, he will say favorable things too.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

Yep.  It's what he should do.  There is no upside if he would say something like - "We know Brissett has a low ceiling.  He is what he is at this point and can win half the games he starts.  He doesn't read the field well".

 

When he is asked about Eason, he will say favorable things too.  

It's one of those catch-22 type things. You can't be negative about your players, but it's pretty obvious to informed fans when coaches and GMs are down on a player, so they don't really have to say it.

 

Actions speak louder than words. A time tested quote that has survived time itself. I even used it on my parents when I was a kid! haha

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's one of those catch-22 type things. You can't be negative about your players, but it's pretty obvious to informed fans when coaches and GMs are down on a player, so they don't really have to say it.

 

Actions speak louder than words. A time tested quote that has survived time itself. I even used it on my parents when I was a kid! haha

Signing Rivers and drafting a QB says what doesn't need said vocally.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

Yep.  It's what he should do.  There is no upside if he would say something like - "We know Brissett has a low ceiling.  He is what he is at this point and can win half the games he starts.  He doesn't read the field well".

 

When he is asked about Eason, he will say favorable things too.  


He has said favorable things about Eason. But after he hyped up JB and called him “the answer”...I can understand being a bit more conservative about another young QB on the team. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FRW said:

I think JB's biggest negative that may not be fixable is his lack of confidence in making the iffy throw. You just don't get the perfect set up on every pass. Sometimes you just have to take a chance and let her rip. Sometimes it works and sometimes it goes the other way. The best QBs most of the time make it work. You have to trust you're physical abilities which JB has and you receivers, which he didn't have last years to make it work. I'm not sure that can be taught. Every successful QB/PG I've know in my life had that confidence in spades.


I don’t think it’s fixable either. First...because he’s not very accurate...and second...JB’s (on-field) calling card is a very low number of INTs. This is a byproduct of not taking chances. But since he’s not very accurate...if he started taking more chances...he would throw more INTs...and “JB with more INTs” is likely struggling to make an NFL roster as a backup...even with strong leadership qualities.


I think he is very self-aware...and it showed on the field last year...when he would just refuse to throw deep (and often not even look at receivers downfield).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think every QB on the Colts roster besides Brissett has more upside than Brissett.  He has none.  After two miserable years starting, we can see that he brings little to the dance.  Slow processing, check downs, and inaccurate.  Oh, and he is slow too.  Eason may not amount to anything, but his upside is off the charts.    IMHO, no contest.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

I think every QB on the Colts roster besides Brissett has more upside than Brissett.  He has none.  After two miserable years starting, we can see that he brings little to the dance.  Slow processing, check downs, and inaccurate.  Oh, and he is slow too.  Eason may not amount to anything, but his upside is off the charts.    IMHO, no contest.

I wouldn't say "no upside".   He puts the Colts in almost every game because he plays in a way that leads to close games.  The upside over Eason is that the Colts would probably be fighting for a playoff spot with a .500 record or close late in the season.  With Eason, the ceiling is higher, but so is the floor at this point.  This team could be 4-12 with Eason as QB.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to say but I would gather that Brissett isn't likely to get a lot better than he is right now.  He's had 2 full seasons of starting experience plus several seasons being on an NFL roster and his limitations don't seem to be ones that could just be overcome with more experience.  

 

Easton hasn't taken an NFL snap yet.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

I wouldn't say "no upside".   He puts the Colts in almost every game because he plays in a way that leads to close games.  The upside over Eason is that the Colts would probably be fighting for a playoff spot with a .500 record or close late in the season.  With Eason, the ceiling is higher, but so is the floor at this point.  This team could be 4-12 with Eason as QB.  

Fair enough, but does he really put them into every game or does he hold them back from doing better?  Even in games like against the Chiefs, it was the defense and running attack that won the game.  I know it is said he is protecting the ball, but he makes very few plays as well.  So I personally see no upside for him.  I think at the NFL level when you have a great running attack and defense playing solid, you can win games.    I think Eason would likely throw more interceptions, but also more big plays.  I actually watched every game Eason played in college.  What I am encouraged with him is most big, raw prospects are turnover prone. He isn't.  He doesn't throw that many interceptions and is pretty accurate.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He was asked about the rookies and said Eason looked good.

So Reich is lying when he says things you don’t like or agree with, but he’s telling the truth when he does something you like or agree with. 
 

Got it. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Fair enough, but does he really put them into every game or does he hold them back from doing better?  Even in games like against the Chiefs, it was the defense and running attack that won the game.  I know it is said he is protecting the ball, but he makes very few plays as well.  So I personally see no upside for him.  I think at the NFL level when you have a great running attack and defense playing solid, you can win games.    I think Eason would likely throw more interceptions, but also more big plays.  I actually watched every game Eason played in college.  What I am encouraged with him is most big, raw prospects are turnover prone. He isn't.  He doesn't throw that many interceptions and is pretty accurate.  

Brissett just has a style of play that both holds the team back and hold the opponents back making most games low scoring.   That at least puts the team in a position to win (also to lose).  That's what makes him a good back up QB.  The team pretty much has a 50/50 chance at winning games.   However, that is a low ceiling for an entire season,   Brissett is the right choice for this season, but not for the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

So Reich is lying when he says things you don’t like or agree with, but he’s telling the truth when he does something you like or agree with. 
 

Got it. 

I never said he was lying. I said Reich is a optimist so don’t expect anything but positive stuff from him. The colts actions speak volumes of what they think of Jacobys upside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I never said he was lying. I said Reich is a optimist so don’t expect anything but positive stuff from him. The colts actions speak volumes of what they think of Jacobys upside.

No....  when Reich said Jacoby was ahead of Eason you said...   “who knows if that’s true or not?”      As if Reich had some reason to lie about it.   You’ve been talking in circles ever since. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No....  when Reich said Jacoby was ahead of Eason you said...   “who knows if that’s true or not?”      As if Reich had some reason to lie about it.   You’ve been talking in circles ever since. 

I don’t know what your talking about. Reich has never mentioned that about Jacoby except draft day and how he will be number two. I said when Reich said last week that Jacoby had improved I said who knows. I wasn’t saying Reich was lying. All I meant is Reich always says positive things. Reich never said anything comparing Jacoby and Eason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know what your talking about. Reich has never mentioned that about Jacoby except draft day and how he will be number two. I said when Reich said last week that Jacoby had improved I said who knows. I wasn’t saying Reich was lying. All I meant is Reich always says positive things. Reich never said anything comparing Jacoby and Eason. 

Fine...  I got that Reich context wrong.   But when Reich says something good about JB, you responded with “who knows if that is true or not.”   You don’t deny it.   And there was no reason for you to go there, except that you didn’t like what Reich had to say.   So you had to apply spin...  “Reich likes to be positive”.

it couldn’t be that Reich was simply telling the truth.   You just had to explain it away...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • He managed to get good grades in college, did extensive volunteer work in the community along with all his other student/athlete obligations.    I agree with you, character is not a concern, what we don’t know is how successful he’ll be at the NFL level. I do believe he’ll work his tail off to be successful.     Kianna is the perfect gf/wife for an athlete, both are level headed young people.  They really do have a nice love story.
    • Excuses? So you're so close minded that you can't even allow that maybe, just maybe one of the "excuses" could actually be palatable. The "excuse" is really simple here. Their YouTube channel was up before being drafted. The Colts knew about it and still drafted him. 2+2=4, Colts are fine with their YouTube channel since they drafted him. Pretty easy stuff really.
    • I agree. Not a worry of mine at all.  They only way I'd be concerned about it is if he was airing play calls or stuff that should be confidential.  otherwise, he's all good to go. plus his girl friend is very easy on the eyes  
    • So your saying  Hooker is making out like Claude Rains.  There have been other actors portraying The Invisible Man in remakes and tv series  but Claude Rains was the original.    
    • This Totally Sucks!!! This is why teams, more importantly the Colts should have access to time machines and warn Frank to not call that reverse! I don't see how that would upset the Time Line continuum in a negative way. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...