Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp blues

twfish

Training camp is one of my favorite times of year. I love hearing about the players and seeing the videos and constantly refreshing the thread to see the tweets of the training camp. The hype rising of certain players, reading every play breakdown, hearing whose beating who in drills, which players are really shining from the fans perspective. Then going to the training camps, seeing the players up close and being able to have my own opinion on players and how they are coming along as far as development goes, seeing all the players the media has very little coverage of. I am missing it really bad this year. I would get more hyped for it then the opening day of the season and it kept me occupied for a couple weeks. Not being able to see one of the most competitive teams this franchise has had in awhile really sucks. It kinda reminds me of the year my family kinda skipped Christmas lol. I wish they would throw us a bone with more videos or even let the colts writers watch the practice from a far and tweet out giving us updates.

17 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Agreed. This has been the strangest off season yet... no updates, no stories, hardly any threads. 

No stories?

The website has been jammed packed with stories for the better part of 3 weeks, maybe longer.   2-3 new stories a day typically done by positional breakdown.  They’ve been hiding in plain site, on the front page of the website, a place most posters don’t seem to visit.

Honestly, there is very little traffic on the website.  Most fans are not visiting here very much, if at all.   So these stories on the front image are getting almost no notice here. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No stories?

The website has been jammed packed with stories for the better part of 3 weeks, maybe longer.   2-3 new stories a day typically done by positional breakdown.  They’ve been hiding in plain site, on the front page of the website, a place most posters don’t seem to visit.

Honestly, there is very little traffic on the website.  Most fans are not visiting here very much, if at all.   So these stories on the front image are getting almost no notice here. 

You know, that really is my fault for not clarifying the story part. I meant hardly anyone discusses the stories and articles on here. 

But, lives are busy and I wonder if most members are just taking time off with no games at the moment. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

You know, that really is my fault for not clarifying the story part. I meant hardly anyone discusses the stories and articles on here. 

But, lives are busy and I wonder if most members are just taking time off with no games at the moment. 

Not sure how busy people are?   No way to know.   In any other year the website is typically jammed as posters show up to learn what is going on with their favorite team.   

I suspect the virus has driven away most of the fans.   They fear getting their hopes up for a fun season, only to have those hopes dashed if/when the season gets canceled due to the virus.   

I appreciate your response.   Thanks.

It’s a strange world we’re living in...

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

NCF is right . You have to visit other sites than just the fans forums. 

I understand we don't have the normal coverage of the media around but there are other sites for information. 

There is a specific training camp site. 

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I understand we don't have the normal coverage of the media around but there are other sites for information. 

There us a specific training camp site?   Really?    If you can’t post it here, please feel free to send it to me via a PM.

Many thanks!     :thmup:

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

My mistake, I do visit other sites for information, I was just agreeing that the site has a lot less folk around the site these days. 

I really miss @TKnight24’s training camp update thread. 

I’ll usually do a google search on the team to see headlines and stories, thanks for the info about training camp though! 

Archived