Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Hate to Bring Up Old Thread Topics But Who Is The Most Overrated Colt?

Boss7894

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PrincetonTiger I assume that is most people's problem who refuse to acknowledge but he didnt choose to player for them, they were smart to get him. If he were a Colt this board like most every other board would have him at the top of their list.  I cant stand the Ravens but the numbers dont lie and again even Bill Belicheck who has long been Vinnys biggest fan said Tucker was the greatest 

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

PrincetonTiger I assume that is most people's problem who refuse to acknowledge but he didnt choose to player for them, they were smart to get him. If he were a Colt this board like most every other board would have him at the top of their list.  I cant stand the Ravens but the numbers dont lie and again even Bill Belicheck who has long been Vinnys biggest fan said Tucker was the greatest 

Tucker can’t hold the tee for guys like MA and JS

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Guess you werent trying to be funny, we all assumed you were

I think that's just you.  Everyone else seems to agree that (for the moment) Vinny is the GOAT, or at least higher on the list than Tucker, for now.

If you're already prepared to elevate Tucker over Vinny, that's fine, that's your opinion.

I just (respectfully) disagree.  As do most of the other people that have chimed in on this thread.  But that's not to say Tucker won't eventually be the GOAT.  He is on a team that looks primed for a few SB runs in the near future, so he could have some kicks that are more iconic than Vinny and take the GOAT mantle sooner rather than later.  :hat:

In the ICONIC words of Denny Green:  "If you wanna crown 'em, then crown their *"

AgreeableColdGalapagospenguin-max-1mb.gi

Sorry but all experts say otherwise if he retired right now, that not much an argument.  Glad you like the explanation and found it cool, you gave us a chuckle and we need it with covid here running wild in Florida....but if you life is on the line...dont risk it with anyone else than the best ever by the numbers, you will thank me later.....

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Where's the list for those that say he wouldnt get in if his career ended today ?  hmmm ?

The following from ESPN (from 2 days ago) seems to be the general sentiment regarding Tucker:

"While Tucker would be the overwhelming choice as the best kicker in football, the Hall has elected just two full-time kickers in its history. Adam Vinatieri will eventually join Jan Stenerud and Morten Andersen, but those guys averaged 22 seasons in the league. Tucker is only nine years in, and while he can kick for a long time if he stays healthy, asking anyone in the NFL to do anything for 13 more seasons is risky."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29589146/projecting-future-hall-famers-all-32-nfl-teams

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

The following from ESPN (from 2 days ago) seems to be the general sentiment regarding Tucker:

"While Tucker would be the overwhelming choice as the best kicker in football, the Hall has elected just two full-time kickers in its history. Adam Vinatieri will eventually join Jan Stenerud and Morten Andersen, but those guys averaged 22 seasons in the league. Tucker is only nine years in, and while he can kick for a long time if he stays healthy, asking anyone in the NFL to do anything for 13 more seasons is risky."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29589146/projecting-future-hall-famers-all-32-nfl-teams

The Gil Brandt info was from 2017 and 2018

On 8/6/2020 at 8:15 AM, holeymoley99 said:

I would absolutely use any bad year Tucker has when looking at his entire career, you have to when being objective.....Jim Brown was better then E.Smith but played many fewer games and seasons why is longevity only a kicker requirement ? Is George Blanda better than Tucker too ?  When asked Billcheck didnt say Vinny nor Gostkowski two players he knows better than anyone he said Tucker......hmmm

Jim Brown played in the 60's. Emmitt Smith played against players that Jim Brown never had to face size or speed wise that Emmitt played. Emmitt is the best RB ever and holds the record for most TDs and yards. Emmitt never quit on his team, retired early and played with a broken shoulder and dominated against Lawrence Taylor with HFA on the line. Give me Emmitt all day, 7 days a week.

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

It's all opinions unless we uses stats, i said that from the start,,,,,,,no %..lol

If you go by stats, Emmitt is the best as far as RB's but the eye test tells anyone that too. Dude played with 1 arm and gained 200 yards at NY with HFA on the line, RB's like Brown and Sanders would cry over a stub toe.

Archived