Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Hate to Bring Up Old Thread Topics But Who Is The Most Overrated Colt?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most overrated on the roster is Chad Kelly,  has never played a single regular season game and people think he’s the next Peyton Manning

I’d give you a rec just for having Beet as an avatar, but you don’t get one since Vinny isn’t on the roster.     And he’s still the GOAT.  

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Only in this forum can a thread named Who Is The Most Over Rated Colt end up being another bash Brissett thread. 

Too true.  We should retitle every thread on the boards, "The Restate Your Opinion About Brissett and Kelly--Again" thread.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Most overrated Colt?  Tyquan Lewis

In two years, he's played 17 out of 32 games.

Last year, he played 9 games, never started, with 0 sacks, 4 QB pressures, and all of 5 tackles.

Seriously.  It was hard to tell whether he was in the game or not, he made so little difference.

He was so valuable that we traded our 1st round pick for his natural position (DL3T), and he's at least 3rd on the depth chart at his other position (LDE).  IMO, a big pile of Meh.

I'm not sure if you know what overrated means... No one thinks Tyquan Lewis is good. Half the people on here are hoping he can do something this year, and the other half want him cut. It's a concensus he's not a good player on this forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just what does Madden have to do with real NFL football? 

I highly doubt the GMs, head coaches or owners give a rats behind about Madden. 

Yes there was something off with Brissett. He was injured. Even him being injured the Colts went with him instead of Kelly. I am sorry, I trust them over the uninformed fans in this forum. They are the ones who see the players everyday. 

Keep up the appeal to authority, it fits you well. You are in such denial, and the Colts FO doesn't even know you or care about you to respond. Brissett was injured, defenses had him figured out, they started him over Kelly, and it was a disaster. Yet the fans who predicted this are uninformed? What a joke. Think for yourself instead of leeching off team decisions. You are acting no better than a yes man towards his boss that lets his boss make bad decisions and doesn't tell him because they're scared to disagree. Can't respect your opinion here CrazyOne. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Keep up the appeal to authority, it fits you well. You are in such denial, and the Colts FO doesn't even know you or care about you to respond. Brissett was injured, defenses had him figured out, they started him over Kelly, and it was a disaster. Yet the fans who predicted this are uninformed? What a joke. Think for yourself instead of leeching off team decisions. You are acting no better than a yes man towards his boss that lets his boss make bad decisions and doesn't tell him because they're scared to disagree. Can't respect your opinion here CrazyOne. 

So the Colts know or care who you are either?

Your rants get really old and tiresome. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So the Colts know or care who you are either?

Your rants get really old and tiresome. 

Nope, they don't know me, and that's why I'm completely honest about them. I have no affiliation with this team besides being a fan. No personal relationships, no benefits to defending them when they're wrong like a media member or player would. I don't care what people think of me if I bash them. I'll give them credit when they do things right, and I'll bash them when they do things wrong. I'm the most honest person on this forum about this team, like it or not. I call it like I see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nope, they don't know me, and that's why I'm completely honest about them. I have no affiliation with this team besides being a fan. No personal relationships, no benefits to defending them when they're wrong like a media member or player would. I don't care what people think of me if I bash them. I'll give them credit when they do things right, and I'll bash them when they do things wrong. I'm the most honest person on this forum about this team, like it or not. I call it like I see it.

Whatever. 

You take this and yourself way too serious. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Boss7894 said:

I don't like negativaty but I think it's the kicker...  I remember last year people callin' him the "goat" and he proceeded to miss a field goal and a psd... and me thinkin wth they talkin' about!?  This guy ain't no goat!!

nonsense, you want to promote negative dialogue...

 

I break wind in your general direction!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... since this is supposed to be a results based business, I'll say Chris Ballard.  21-27 as GM.

 

Yes, I know the circumstances with Pagano and Luck, but in the next few years the results need to catch up to the reputation (I think they will).

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Well... since this is supposed to be a results based business, I'll say Chris Ballard.  21-27 as GM.

 

Yes, I know the circumstances with Pagano and Luck, but in the next few years the results need to catch up to the reputation (I think they will).

Counting Ballard's 2017 season when he didn't have Luck and didn't have the coach he wanted yet, is like me counting Caldwell's record in 2011 of 2-14 when Painter was QB. I give Ballard a pass for 2017. Last year should count but even then Luck quit on the team right before the season. Really he should be judged mainly for what he does over the next 3 years more than anything. When Luck was QB, Ballard was 10-6. That was a luxury Grigson had from 2012-2014.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nope, they don't know me, and that's why I'm completely honest about them. I have no affiliation with this team besides being a fan. No personal relationships, no benefits to defending them when they're wrong like a media member or player would. I don't care what people think of me if I bash them. I'll give them credit when they do things right, and I'll bash them when they do things wrong. I'm the most honest person on this forum about this team, like it or not. I call it like I see it.

And you see it wrong 99% of the time

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Jeff George, given that he was a #1 was pretty disappointing..

 

And yeah, I'll join the crow who'd like to see some more wins from Ballard's design before rating him so highly. There's a real risk he's going to be the most overrated Colt.. The team needs to do some consistent winning before I'm in on the "he's the best" talk. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, aaron11 said:

no one said that, ever.  some of us think he might have a shot at beating jacoby if they would give it to him.  

 

i think some people here did forget about that, any QB that plays like he did in the saints game should be benched imo.  i kind of hope the coaches were tanking the jags game because they along with JB had another really bad game.

 

On 7/31/2020 at 8:14 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Show me one person without sarcasm that says Chad Kelly is Peyton Manning. You'd literally have better odds finding someone who said that about Brissett. All we wanted was for him to get a chance when Brissett was getting destroyed, was injured, and we were eliminated from the playoffs. Is that too much to ask?

I was being facetious....

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I thought Jeff George, given that he was a #1 was pretty disappointing..

 

And yeah, I'll join the crow who'd like to see some more wins from Ballard's design before rating him so highly. There's a real risk he's going to be the most overrated Colt.. The team needs to do some consistent winning before I'm in on the "he's the best" talk. 

I tend to agree with this if we are talking all-time, I thought the OP meant now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Only in this forum can a thread named Who Is The Most Over Rated Colt end up being another bash Brissett thread. 

Brissett should have been released long ago. He is not good and WAYYYYY over priced.  The only reason he is still here is nobody would give us anything significant for him and Ballard is stuck with him. Ballard is probably still defending his decisions to trade for him and to overpay him .GMs are like that...they won't admit their failures and keep defending them.

As for Chad Kelly, he can outplay and outthink Brisett any time..

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 2:04 PM, shasta519 said:

On the topic of this thread...my answer would be Anthony Walker...followed by Nyheim Hines. That's not to say they are bad players...just that they are overrated.

 

I got into some back and forth with people about Hines, but I agree.  Although, he stepped up his value by showing he can return punts.  In reality, he can catch but isn't known for great hands or great route running.  He's not real elusive...as in lateral agility and still maintain balance.  Seems to go down easily without breaking tackles.  He's not bad at any of those things, but really, is just a small fast guy.  He's a dime a dozen player who does the things a typical small fast guy does, nothing more, IMO.  Maybe he'll have a break through, but so far, I don't get the love.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Brissett should have been released long ago. He is not good and WAYYYYY over priced.  The only reason he is still here is nobody would give us anything significant for him and Ballard is stuck with him. Ballard is probably still defending his decisions to trade for him and to overpay him .GMs are like that...they won't admit their failures and keep defending them.

As for Chad Kelly, he can outplay and outthink Brisett any time..

Chad Kelly hasn't outplayed or outthought anyone on the Colts roster. He wouldn't have even been taken off the practice squad had it not been an injury to Brisett. 

Till he has actually earned a start in a real NFL game you can't really say he has done anything but be a 3rd string back up. 

Sorry, that are the facts, not your opinion. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CanuckColt said:

Brissett should have been released long ago. He is not good and WAYYYYY over priced.  The only reason he is still here is nobody would give us anything significant for him and Ballard is stuck with him. Ballard is probably still defending his decisions to trade for him and to overpay him .GMs are like that...they won't admit their failures and keep defending them.

As for Chad Kelly, he can outplay and outthink Brisett any time..

How do you know this? He has never played a regular season down. Your hatred for Brissett is comical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Brissett should have been released long ago. He is not good and WAYYYYY over priced.  The only reason he is still here is nobody would give us anything significant for him and Ballard is stuck with him. Ballard is probably still defending his decisions to trade for him and to overpay him .GMs are like that...they won't admit their failures and keep defending them.

As for Chad Kelly, he can outplay and outthink Brisett any time..

Prove it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

GMs are like that...they won't admit their failures and keep defending them.

So......32 GM's were wrong in not selecting him for 255 straight opportunities......

and then when he was cut and the Colts signed him, he was put on the practice squad (unprotected), and 31 other GM's failed to see his value again after his filmed performances in his preseason games.

 

Assuming that one knows more than all of those professionals, come across as, well....arrogant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

So......32 GM's were wrong in not selecting him for 255 straight opportunities......

and then when he was cut and the Colts signed him, he was put on the practice squad (unprotected), and 31 other GM's failed to see his value again after his filmed performances in his preseason games.

 

Assuming that one knows more than all of those professionals, come across as, well....arrogant. 

Well... It happened with Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, and it almost happened with Tom Brady. So occasionally the GM's do make mistakes. That's only counting the QB position. If we found every solid UDFA that turned into a success story, it'd make the GM's look really bad at their job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 7:35 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

As far as a player goes, I'd say Jacoby Brissett.

 

I would rather have anyone else at QB than Jacoby at this point. Yes, even Curtis Painter. With Curtis, we save money and get a better draft pick. Jacoby has probably already peaked. We've seen what he can do, and yet we're paying him like he's elite. It's a joke.

 

Plus, Curtis Painter made for some nice blooper videos.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

 

I would rather have anyone else at QB than Jacoby at this point. Yes, even Curtis Painter. With Curtis, we save money and get a better draft pick. Jacoby has probably already peaked. We've seen what he can do, and yet we're paying him like he's elite. It's a joke.

 

Plus, Curtis Painter made for some nice blooper videos.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

 

I would rather have anyone else at QB than Jacoby at this point. Yes, even Curtis Painter. With Curtis, we save money and get a better draft pick. Jacoby has probably already peaked. We've seen what he can do, and yet we're paying him like he's elite. It's a joke.

 

Plus, Curtis Painter made for some nice blooper videos.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

 

 

Hah yea that New Orleans game at the end. Score was 7-61 with 12:12 left to go in the 4th Q. Great job by Curtis securing us that draft position.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

 

Hah yea that New Orleans game at the end. Score was 7-61 with 12:12 left to go in the 4th Q. Great job by Curtis securing us that draft position.

Didn’t Donald Brown break a rushing record that game? Good ( I mean bad) times... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol I love how in the title he was like, sorry to bring back old threads and I didn't really think I'd seen this thread idea much ever.

 

Then I read the first few posts and we're bashing Jacoby Brissett and I'm like, 'Oh, I HAVE seen this thread before.' haha

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 5:35 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

As far as a player goes, I'd say Jacoby Brissett. There are still people on this forum that still want him on this team with a $20 million dollar contract. Despite the fact we drafted Eason, and have Chad Kelly who could play backup for a year and start if Rivers goes down while Eason learns, a few people still think Brissett could win us a SB if needed to. Knowing what we know from last year, you can't get any more overrated than that. We could literally have 3 or 4 solid depth O-Lineman along with Pinter instead with the same money we're paying him.

How can a player who has been demosted......rumoured to b traded be ocer rated??

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 5:36 AM, csmopar said:

:troll:

 

I should heed the above emoji. 
 

if you need to have it explained why Adam Vinateri is the GOAT at that position, then you have obviously never watched football prior to last season or two, you’re just trolling. 

Vinateri has made some very clutch kicks in this career, but I would not refer to him as the GOAT

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Vinateri has made some very clutch kicks in this career, but I would not refer to him as the GOAT

He is the absolute GOAT.    Who would you put ahead of him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 7:43 AM, coltsva said:

Well... since this is supposed to be a results based business, I'll say Chris Ballard.  21-27 as GM.

 

Yes, I know the circumstances with Pagano and Luck, but in the next few years the results need to catch up to the reputation (I think they will).

I think a 21-27 record is very good for what Ballard had to deal with.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 10:32 PM, John Hammonds said:

Most overrated Colt?  Tyquan Lewis

In two years, he's played 17 out of 32 games.

Last year, he played 9 games, never started, with 0 sacks, 4 QB pressures, and all of 5 tackles.

Seriously.  It was hard to tell whether he was in the game or not, he made so little difference.

He was so valuable that we traded our 1st round pick for his natural position (DL3T), and he's at least 3rd on the depth chart at his other position (LDE).  IMO, a big pile of Meh.

This.  It’s put up or shut up time for Tyquan.  I’d also give honorable mention to Malik Hooker.  Hasn’t lived up to the ball magnet hype thus far.  Show and tell time for him as well.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 2:36 PM, DougDew said:

I got into some back and forth with people about Hines, but I agree.  Although, he stepped up his value by showing he can return punts.  In reality, he can catch but isn't known for great hands or great route running.  He's not real elusive...as in lateral agility and still maintain balance.  Seems to go down easily without breaking tackles.  He's not bad at any of those things, but really, is just a small fast guy.  He's a dime a dozen player who does the things a typical small fast guy does, nothing more, IMO.  Maybe he'll have a break through, but so far, I don't get the love.


Agree. Loved the idea of Hines when he was drafted...but he’s an average scat back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Myles said:

I think a 21-27 record is very good for what Ballard had to deal with.  


Throw out the first season...and it’s 17-15. That’s not bad...but it’s not very good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...