Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Video-Rivers throwing to WR

7 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

If you think Rivers "flick of the wrist" is great you will be amazed at what Rodgers can do.

Oh, his flea flicker is a sight! I couldn't throw it like them if I trained all my life... These boys must be on steroids or some.  I'm glad Rivers is on our side though.

3 hours ago, Fat Clemenza said:

True, he's got a better arm. But Rogers has always struck me as a real jerk so Ima be happy with Rivers' strange flick style.

Yea, I'm glad Rivers is on our side!

2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

The passes were so bad they couldnt even record the full process from pass to catch. 

"Let's just snap our fingers! They'll get the idea!" 

Still nice to see the guys getting time in. Also worth noting I think I saw one mask being worn. 

You also saw guys a lot farther apart from each other than social distancing limits....in a massive, extremely well filtered and ventilated area. You ever been there? Took a tour once of practice facility.... The air is cycled on the entire field every three minutes....

8 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

You also saw guys a lot farther apart from each other than social distancing limits....in a massive, extremely well filtered and ventilated area. You ever been there? Took a tour once of practice facility.... The air is cycled on the entire field every three minutes....

So its fresh air cycled in? I have never been there. If its fresh air I guess they're taking the social distance even further. 

In a way I find that encouraging if they're taking extra measures over other teams.

2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

So its fresh air cycled in? I have never been there. If its fresh air I guess they're taking the social distance even further. 

In a way I find that encouraging if they're taking extra measures over other teams.

The NFL is probably going to mandate social distancing in all games.  Should make for some high scores.  

22 hours ago, Introspect said:

Can never get use to that odd throwing motion...

9 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

The passes were so bad they couldnt even record the full process from pass to catch. 

That throwing motion has killed us in the past when we played the Chargers. 

On 7/30/2020 at 6:46 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I really hope it’s not going to be gunslinger season as the Colts.com caption says.  The Colts really need to be focused on running the ball this season.  Play to our strengths. Rivers should be complimentary...not the focal point. 

31 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I really hope it’s not going to be gunslinger season as the Colts.com caption says.  The Colts really need to be focused on running the ball this season.  Play to our strengths. Rivers should be complimentary...not the focal point. 

With Rivers at QB we should be able to do both if need be. JB could just play well in spurts but with him at QB we had to run a lot, Rivers is better than JB. I am sure Reich will still run it a lot at times with the Line we have to wear teams down.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With Rivers at QB we should be able to do both if need be. JB could just play well in spurts but with him at QB we had to run a lot, Rivers is better than JB. I am sure Reich will still run it a lot at times with the Line we have to wear teams down.

Hopefully he wont have to go into the gunslinger mentality as he did with the Chargers. 

Plus, let's hope our defense plays well enough that Rivers don't have to put up large numbers to win games.  

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hear you. I’m just not confident in Rivers’ passing abilities at age 38.  That tape doesn’t exactly get me excited. Lol. We will see though.  Hopefully he has more left than I think he does.   I’m glad we have a strong line and a talented backfield. That should be our bread and butter with Rivers throwing just enough downfield to keep defenses honest.  But not trying to do too much.  

6 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I hear you. I’m just not confident in Rivers’ passing abilities at age 38.  That tape doesn’t exactly get me excited. Lol. We will see though.  Hopefully he has more left than I think he does.   I’m glad we have a strong line and a talented backfield. That should be our bread and butter with Rivers throwing just enough downfield to keep defenses honest.  But not trying to do too much.  

Rivers was 4th in the league last season with 4,615 yards. 

So I don't think you have to worry about his passing ability. 

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes and with only two wide receivers. The starting WR3 Andre Patton had six receptions all season. Chargers cut him yesterday.  

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

True stat.  He also threw 20 picks and had a mediocre QBR.  Also true stats.  His QBR was actually on par with Brisette’s even though he threw for more yards. Turnovers bring a player rating down.  

I understand that not all fans care about QBR. However it shows more of the full picture than just pointing to passing yards.  Some QBs rack up passing yards when constantly playing from behind.  Rivers did a lot of that last season. Also explains the high interception total.  He doesn’t have to try to do it all in Indy.  We have horses. Better line and backs.

35 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

True stat.  He also threw 20 picks and had a mediocre QBR.  Also true stats.  His QBR was actually on par with Brisette’s even though he threw for more yards. Turnovers bring a player rating down.  

I understand that not all fans care about QBR. However it shows more of the full picture than just pointing to passing yards.  Some QBs rack up passing yards when constantly playing from behind.  Rivers did a lot of that last season. Also explains the high interception total.  He doesn’t have to try to do it all in Indy.  We have horses. Better line and backs.

Fans see what they want to see. Total yards is such an empty stat when evaluating a qb.

17 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Some QBs rack up passing yards when constantly playing from behind.  Rivers did a lot of that last season. Also explains the high interception total.  He doesn’t have to try to do it all in Indy.  We have horses. Better line and backs.

A legit question to ask is how did this team always fall behind? They did have a fantastic defense I believe. Also, that team had a superior established backfield compared to our “on paper” backfield potential. Our line was superior though and wr’s Meh, I’m not sure if the actual isn’t a washout or not. Time is going to tell though what Rivers has left if they let football get played. I still can’t see FB getting really started at the season opener. 

6 hours ago, Jdubu said:

A legit question to ask is how did this team always fall behind? They did have a fantastic defense I believe. Also, that team had a superior established backfield compared to our “on paper” backfield potential. Our line was superior though and wr’s Meh, I’m not sure if the actual isn’t a washout or not. Time is going to tell though what Rivers has left if they let football get played. I still can’t see FB getting really started at the season opener. 

Really good question to ask.  Too much blame or honor often goes to the QB.  No matter how great, the QB can't make enough difference to carry the team alone.  Defense was really hit hard last year when Derwin James went down in preseason.  Derwin is in on almost every single play, has the widest range, quickest instincts and closing speed I've seen in a long time.  He's also such a solid tackler that if he's near the play he makes the stop.  Everyone is a better player when he's on the field.

Then we lost 2 CBs, 10 and 16 days later to injured reserve, and then S Nassir Adderly a month later.  From there on the D was incredibly vulnerable.  Our pass rush wasn't nearly as effective without the shutdown pass D. 

On offense we lost C Mike Pouncey shortly thereafter, then G Forrest Lamp both to Injured Reserve.  The O-Line became a revolving door (again) I lost count of how many different line permutations were tried.  Also, as a long time River's fan, I think he was injured (can't remember which game might have been either Green Bay or the game after).  His play changed after 1 really bad hit and then he was hit a couple more times.  Rivers plays through everything and you'll never hear a peep about what's ailing him.  After that, his throws lost just enough zip and distance to change up the entire offense's timing.  He's had a similar year back in San Diego and came out on fire the next year.  I hope you guys get to see that Rivers.  With your O-Line and running game, this could be a magical year for Colt's fans.   Phil is amazingly quick to learn new receivers and if he trusts them to be where expected, he'll make incredible timing throws. 

RB Melvin Gordon's hold out was a disaster.  Our Back up RBs were doing really well while he was out, so I felt he got worried and that's why he came back without a deal.  He NEVER got going and the coaches disrupted the offensive threat we had had to bring him back.  There was a reason our Offensive Coordinator was fired mid-season and it wasn't Rivers. 

I couldn't have been happier when Philip landed with the Colts as they've always been my 2nd favorite team to root for if we didn't make the playoffs. 

6 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Really good question to ask.  Too much blame or honor often goes to the QB.  No matter how great, the QB can't make enough difference to carry the team alone.  Defense was really hit hard last year when Derwin James went down in preseason.  Derwin is in on almost every single play, has the widest range, quickest instincts and closing speed I've seen in a long time.  He's also such a solid tackler that if he's near the play he makes the stop.  Everyone is a better player when he's on the field.

Then we lost 2 CBs, 10 and 16 days later to injured reserve, and then S Nassir Adderly a month later.  From there on the D was incredibly vulnerable.  Our pass rush wasn't nearly as effective without the shutdown pass D. 

On offense we lost C Mike Pouncey shortly thereafter, then G Forrest Lamp both to Injured Reserve.  The O-Line became a revolving door (again) I lost count of how many different line permutations were tried.  Also, as a long time River's fan, I think he was injured (can't remember which game might have been either Green Bay or the game after).  His play changed after 1 really bad hit and then he was hit a couple more times.  Rivers plays through everything and you'll never hear a peep about what's ailing him.  After that, his throws lost just enough zip and distance to change up the entire offense's timing.  He's had a similar year back in San Diego and came out on fire the next year.  I hope you guys get to see that Rivers.  With your O-Line and running game, this could be a magical year for Colt's fans.   Phil is amazingly quick to learn new receivers and if he trusts them to be where expected, he'll make incredible timing throws. 

RB Melvin Gordon's hold out was a disaster.  Our Back up RBs were doing really well while he was out, so I felt he got worried and that's why he came back without a deal.  He NEVER got going and the coaches disrupted the offensive threat we had had to bring him back.  There was a reason our Offensive Coordinator was fired mid-season and it wasn't Rivers. 

I couldn't have been happier when Philip landed with the Colts as they've always been my 2nd favorite team to root for if we didn't make the playoffs. 

Fantastic post! I think Rivers will have a good year and love our O.line.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:00 PM, MB-ColtsFan said:

If you think Rivers "flick of the wrist" is great you will be amazed at what Rodgers can do.

I’m just glad you didnt say Kelly.

When i saw Rodgers i thought “ when did we pick up a guy named Rodgers?”

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

I’m just glad you didnt say Kelly.

When i saw Rodgers i thought “ when did we pick up a guy named Rodgers?”

If we are going to judge just by the "flick of the wrist" Eason may have the advantage. 

That dude has a cannon of an arm. 

After going back and watching all of his college tape I could find,  I couldn't help but notice it. 

Archived