Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
CR91

Quenton Nelson ranked 29th

The clip of Nelson hitting Melvin Ingram in that link was awesome! Quenton gets annoyed because he says nice hit lol. I guess he didn't take the will out of him to play! haha

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The clip of Nelson hitting Melvin Ingram in that link was awesome! Quenton gets annoyed because he says nice hit lol. I guess he didn't take the will out of him to play! haha

Big Q may not have taken his will away but you can be assured next time the Colts play the Chargers Ingram will have his head on a swivel watching out for Big Q. That just makes Ingram have not have all of his concentration when he is on the field.:thmup:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

29 is a pretty good ranking. I had him around 25.

I was hoping he'd sneak into the top 20. However, I can't complain as he's the highest ranked guard since the series started in 2011. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I was hoping he'd sneak into the top 20. However, I can't complain as he's the highest ranked guard since the series started in 2011. 

Yeah I was thinking top 25 but 29 is good.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I was thinking top 25 but 29 is good.

Even though we know how great Nelson is, I still think he gets some position discrimination in lists like this when compared to other positions like QB, WR, CB and EDGE. If it weren't for that, he'd be a bit higher. However, we know he's great and he'll dominate for a long time on our O-Line, and that's all that matters.

• Like 3

I think realistically 29 is too low (toward the negative), but I get it, he's "only" a guard, and SOME of the ranking has to do with positional value, length of career, popularity among associates, etc.  He's the best at his position and the highest ranked guard ever on the list I believe, so that should tell you where they value guards in this league.  However, on PURE "how good are you at your job compared to the rest of the players in the NFL?" he should probably be around 10th or so.  I truly feel that way.  

Glad he's playing for the Colts.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Even though we know how great Nelson is, I still think he gets some position discrimination in lists like this when compared to other positions like QB, WR, CB and EDGE. If it weren't for that, he'd be a bit higher. However, we know he's great and he'll dominate for a long time on our O-Line, and that's all that matters.

There should be position discrimination...because it's football...not Sumo. One guy blocking another guy is a fraction of what happens in any given play. For an OG to be that high...that is an incredible amount of respect.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

There should be position discrimination...because it's football...not Sumo. One guy blocking another guy is a fraction of what happens in any given play. For an OG to be that high...that is an incredible amount of respect.

He's dang good, but it's an open question how valuable to the overall team having a blue chip at OG really is.

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He's dang good, but it's an open question how valuable to the overall team having a blue chip at OG really is.

Yeah...there's no question how good Nelson is at OG...but there's definitely a question of how valuable it is...and how it compares to the football talent of players at other positions.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, csmopar said:

anyone else really looking forward to seeing the videos of Big Q vs Da Buck (my nickname for Buckner) 

DeFo, that was his nickname in SF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, csmopar said:

anyone else really looking forward to seeing the videos of Big Q vs Da Buck (my nickname for Buckner) 

I listened to his interview (Buckner) on the Colts podcast.  First of all, what a great human being, he’ll be a leader on an off the field. 

He said the G in SF made him better, and he looks forward to going against Q for the same reason.  

He also had a lot of good things to say about Day.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

The best OG in the league.  The reason the Colt's O-Line has gone from soft to "nasty."  

And some here question his value.

Good lord.

Yes...I do question the value of an OG vs. other positions. If you don't...that's fine too.

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

Yes...I do question the value of an OG vs. other positions. If you don't...that's fine too.

Not just "an" offensive guard...but I get it.  Forever, it seems, some opined about the lack of attention paid to the trenches...

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2020 at 10:21 AM, Dingus McGirt said:

The best OG in the league.  The reason the Colt's O-Line has gone from soft to "nasty."  

And some here question his value.

Good lord.

Hmmmm.......i would argue their O line took a step back last year

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

You would argue on the negative side? Nah, I don't believe you. :spit:

29 is very good and seems about right.

If all teams were able to draft from all current players, he'd probably be picked around 29.  

10 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I'm quite stunned that you, of all forum members, would make such an obvious troll attempt, sir.

15 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I'm quite stunned that you, of all forum members, would make such an obvious troll attempt, sir.

Hmmmmm.....not at all. I thought their O line played with more aggression under their former O line coach. That's not a troll statement. Their former O line coach was known to b a hard ...Even Nelson was upset by his departure. Read a little and study some film before making comments.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmmm.....not at all. I thought their O line played with more aggression under their former O line coach. That's not a troll statement. Their former O line coach was known to b a hard ...Even Nelson was upset by his departure. Read a little and study some film before making comments.

I agree, but I think the loss of "aggression" was trumped by Nelson and Smith being better and the line gelling.