Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bob Sanders ((merged))

WoolMagnet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haven't seen that happen since you guys had harbaugh at qb lol

.... said the fan of a team that went 9-7 and missed the playoffs w/the league's No. 1 offense & No. 1 defense a year ago. Come back when the Chargers figure out how to play a 16 game season and win a SB.

Check the stats and you'll find Manning doesn't have a losing record vs. SD & I guarantee he's no longer living in the past, like some, thinking about a 6 INT game four years ago (which SD only won by 2pts).

See ya in the street....

I think its AMAZING how no one seems to be missing this guy. I guess cuz he was never on the field.

Anyway, I saw an article on ESPN.COM(i think) which listed every team's key pick-ups and losses. It listed 6 or eight additions and losses for each team.

San Diego's section mentioned NOTHING about Sanders. His name wasn't listed.

I found this a little surprising when you consider the force he has been when on the field. (even if it was very little)

You won't hear me bash Sanders. I LOVED his style. ALL or nothing. You gotta respect that at some level.

There's absolutely a way...it's the same way the Colts miss the playoffs...their starting QB gets injured.

I believe Volek proved he's no Curtis Painter. Might wanna rethink that comparison. Memory serves me a big slice of respect for Billy boy.

His return during our championship year was one of the main reasons why are defense turned around and we won the Super Bowl. We didn't get to the Super Bowl on the back of Manning.

See Bob in Charger blue was so horrible.

If he stays healthy in San Diego I am going to start wondering about our medical staff here. lol

Sanders injuries have nothing to do with a good or bad medical staff. The dude is tearing muscles which can't be avoided by any doctor. I have maintained a position for years that his body simply isn't cut out for the sport. Between the bisceps tears, pectoral tears, etc, if we are going to create conspiracies, it would be more relevant to suggest steroids playing a roll in the muscle tears, not an unqualified medical staff. While I hope it doesn't happen as I would never wish injuries upon any player, the reality and his track record is he gets hurt and we aren't talking about aches and pains. It would be interesting to see a vegas oddsmaker put odds of a serious injury on Sanders this season, I would say it's even money. Short of him playing smarter with his body, he is most likely going to face the same injury plague in San Diego jus as he did in Indy.

Sanders injuries have nothing to do with a good or bad medical staff. The dude is tearing muscles which can't be avoided by any doctor. I have maintained a position for years that his body simply isn't cut out for the sport. Between the bisceps tears, pectoral tears, etc, if we are going to create conspiracies, it would be more relevant to suggest steroids playing a roll in the muscle tears, not an unqualified medical staff. While I hope it doesn't happen as I would never wish injuries upon any player, the reality and his track record is he gets hurt and we aren't talking about aches and pains. It would be interesting to see a vegas oddsmaker put odds of a serious injury on Sanders this season, I would say it's even money. Short of him playing smarter with his body, he is most likely going to face the same injury plague in San Diego jus as he did in Indy.

First word - quite correct I believe. But would have got you banned on previous politically correct fanboy forum. We'll see what happens here.

Second word ="role", not roll.

.... said the fan of a team that went 9-7 and missed the playoffs w/the league's No. 1 offense & No. 1 defense a year ago. Come back when the Chargers figure out how to play a 16 game season and win a SB.

Check the stats and you'll find Manning doesn't have a losing record vs. SD & I guarantee he's no longer living in the past, like some, thinking about a 6 INT game four years ago (which SD only won by 2pts).

See ya in the street....

we could always talk about the 4 int game vs the chargers just last season, that indy lost by 20+ , in their own house lol

peyton's lifetime record vs the chargers is 3-4 ....egg on your face, son

your memory = horrible

oh and before you try and backpedal like a cb......at least i don't make stupid claims that can't be backed up by statistics and or facts.

so chew on that

One guy doesn't single handedly beat an opposing team. With that said the Colts "TEAM" record against your Chargers is 19 and 10. So go chew on that! Btw I know of a team that we can beat but they dominate you. The Pats. Oh ya, the AFC has been dominated by the Colts, Pats and Steelers for the last how many years? What has your Chargers done? So go chew on that for awhile!

Bob is built like a torpedo, Ditka stated his second season in the NFL that "he loaves the way Bob plays.... but he won't have a long career." "his body is just not meant to sustain his violent play"...

It was "outstanding" while it lasted. Sanders was a "GAME CHANGER"

His return during our championship year was one of the main reasons why are defense turned around and we won the Super Bowl. We didn't get to the Super Bowl on the back of Manning.

See Bob in Charger blue was so horrible.

If he stays healthy in San Diego I am going to start wondering about our medical staff here. lol

No... Indy waited probably TOO LONG for Bob. He was given every possible chance to make it happen. And nonsense knows it. He has stated so in several local interviews.

He is a game changing talent, and if SD can get 8 games and a playoff run out of Bob then look out. It's just that the odds are not with him.

Good luck Bob, just not against INDY :blueshoe:

we could always talk about the 4 int game vs the chargers just last season, that indy lost by 20+ , in their own house lol

peyton's lifetime record vs the chargers is 3-4 ....egg on your face, son

your memory = horrible

It appears neither one of us can count, davey boy. Manning now stands at 4-5 vs. SD all-time.

Still doesn't change the fact that SD hasn't figured out how to play a 16 game season or win a SB.

SD is one of four teams Manning has a losing record against, and the only one of those four that has any room to talk about being successful is Green Bay.

Back peddle on that.

San Diego has got to be the most talented team to not make a SB appearance over many years now. I still feel unclean for having rooted for them against NE in 08's AFCCG. It was like Mussolini and Hitler were boxing and I had to place a bet.

It appears neither one of us can count, davey boy. Manning now stands at 4-5 vs. SD all-time.

Still doesn't change the fact that SD hasn't figured out how to play a 16 game season or win a SB.

SD is one of four teams Manning has a losing record against, and the only one of those four that has any room to talk about being successful is Green Bay.

Back peddle on that.

Seriously.............who cares what the all time record is? Some of the Colts most embarassing losses were to the hands of the Chargers. The most embarassing probably being the at home playoff loss where we got sliced and diced by Billy Volek. I can't remember who else, but I seem to remember LT and A Gates also missing key minutes in the 4th qtr of that home playoff loss. Oh, and then there's Manning's 6 int's where we were in position somehow to win the game, but the greatest clutch kicker of all time misses a chip shot with less than a minute to play. Let's not forget last year's stellar performance at home on a Sunday night where we weren't the only team on the field dessimated with injuries. Oh, and then there's the loss at home in 2005 to end our undefeated season.

Let's not pretend here Colts fans or be in denial regarding the spell the Chargers have on us. No sensible person is going to argue that the Chargers have had more success as a team compared to Indy in the last 10 years. We've been to 2 super bowls to their 0 and have 1 ring. At the end of day, I would take a winless record vs any team during the regular season and replace with super bowl rings. As a Colt fan, I am concerned with how many rings we have. The teams who never win a super bowl or even make it to a super bowl are reduced to arguing who has a better record vs. more successful championship franchises. Let the Chargers fans be reduced to that argument. That said, head to head, for whatever reason, our wheels fall off when we play them.

Obviously, as a Colts fan I agree, but for the sake of argument lets say SD wins a SB this year or next. Is the above statement still true?

If viewed from an historical perspective, yes, the Colts would still be better since SD only got one title back in the AFL and has an all-time 10-16 postseason record. The Colts won 3 NFL titles back in the old days and are 2-2 in SBs with an all time 19-18 postseason record. If limiting the view to the past 10 years, then one SB title each would bring it even if that's the only measure of success.....although the Colts have more regular season wins and the SD postseason record for that time frame is currently 6-8 (0-1 in SB) while the Colts are 11-12 (1-1 in SB).

If viewed from an historical perspective, yes, the Colts would still be better since SD only got one title back in the AFL and has an all-time 10-16 postseason record. The Colts won 3 NFL titles back in the old days and are 2-2 in SBs with an all time 19-18 postseason record. If limiting the view to the past 10 years, then one SB title each would bring it even if that's the only measure of success.....although the Colts have more regular season wins and the SD postseason record for that time frame is currently 6-8 (0-1 in SB) while the Colts are 11-12 (1-1 in SB).

The difference in franchise history(roughly 7 years), and having possibly the greatest QB of all time doesn't weight your argument? Or the division quality (last 10/15 years)?

While I don't find SB's as the end all be all of arguments, I find it comical that we are "the better and more successful organization. End of file." because we have a grand total of 1 more than them in nearly 40 years.

Seriously.............who cares what the all time record is? Some of the Colts most embarassing losses were to the hands of the Chargers. The most embarassing probably being the at home playoff loss where we got sliced and diced by Billy Volek. I can't remember who else, but I seem to remember LT and A Gates also missing key minutes in the 4th qtr of that home playoff loss. Oh, and then there's Manning's 6 int's where we were in position somehow to win the game, but the greatest clutch kicker of all time misses a chip shot with less than a minute to play. Let's not forget last year's stellar performance at home on a Sunday night where we weren't the only team on the field dessimated with injuries. Oh, and then there's the loss at home in 2005 to end our undefeated season.

Let's not pretend here Colts fans or be in denial regarding the spell the Chargers have on us. No sensible person is going to argue that the Chargers have had more success as a team compared to Indy in the last 10 years. We've been to 2 super bowls to their 0 and have 1 ring. At the end of day, I would take a winless record vs any team during the regular season and replace with super bowl rings. As a Colt fan, I am concerned with how many rings we have. The teams who never win a super bowl or even make it to a super bowl are reduced to arguing who has a better record vs. more successful championship franchises. Let the Chargers fans be reduced to that argument. That said, head to head, for whatever reason, our wheels fall off when we play them.

The Chargers are to the Colts what the Jets are to the Pats or we are to the Ravens. Every team has that one team that just has your number. The Chargers have ours, we should be glad we don't play them this year and they aren't in our division like the Jets are in the Pats division.

One guy doesn't single handedly beat an opposing team. With that said the Colts "TEAM" record against your Chargers is 19 and 10. So go chew on that! Btw I know of a team that we can beat but they dominate you. The Pats. Oh ya, the AFC has been dominated by the Colts, Pats and Steelers for the last how many years? What has your Chargers done? So go chew on that for awhile!

how many sbs you won since sanders was healthy?

peyton had more ints than tds that sb run lol

Quit trollin bro! You have no argument until your team goes to a Super Bowl. Witch won't happen until The Trio is no more. Trio being Colts, Steelers and Patriots. They've dominated the AFC for how long now? Hate to say it but the Jets will go before the Chargers will. You'd better be worried about the Chiefs anyways. They'll win your division this year and good luck getting that wild card spot!

The difference in franchise history(roughly 7 years), and having possibly the greatest QB of all time doesn't weight your argument? Or the division quality (last 10/15 years)?

While I don't find SB's as the end all be all of arguments, I find it comical that we are "the better and more successful organization. End of file." because we have a grand total of 1 more than them in nearly 40 years.

How does having one of the best QBs of all time count against us as being a better and more successful franchise, Mod Edit. What, wanna limit it to the Jeff George era? Last time I checked SD's division has been weak for quite a while. Frankly, I don't care how you break it down, Trav. I'm quite sure (and grateful) you and I will most likely never be on the same wavelength.

So here I sit having an exchange with someone who claims to be a Colt fan trying to find a point to convince me that we're inferior to SD. I'm outta here....

Did you actually read what you typed. Operative words here being SB RUN. Conversation over.

As far as Bob Sanders goes....enjoy him while you can. Seems prominent Colts ride off into the sunset, literally, and head west to SD to put their careers to a rest (Lydell Mitchell, Johnny Unitas, John Mackey, Roger Carr).

How does having one of the best QBs of all time count against us as being a better and more successful franchise, Mod Edit What, wanna limit it to the Jeff George era? Last time I checked SD's division has been weak for quite a while. Frankly, I don't care how you break it down, Trav. I'm quite sure (and grateful) you and I will most likely never be on the same wavelength.

So here I sit having an exchange with someone who claims to be a Colt fan trying to find a point to convince me that we're inferior to SD. I'm outta here....

Mod Edit Your comment on being a better franchise rests soley on 1 SB. Considering the teams in that division have been to and won Super Bowls, Denver with multiple, Oakland historically is an iconic franchise, as are the Chiefs. But all those wins in the last 10 years really put us over the top huh? We have the titans, jags, and texans. All teams without any of that 'history' you love so much. And all those teams are where a majority of our wins have come from. It's not arguable, it's simply how it is, accept it and move on.

Mod Edit little respect for anything outside of a colts blue uniform. And unwilling to accept our marginal existence, compared to the rest of the NFL. open your blinds, glance into the outside world, it's a very beautiful place.

Please remember to post within the forum rules found here:

http://www.colts.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

4. This is a PG-13 site and forum. That includes *masked* profanity and sexual innuendo. Don't post it and don't try to be clever and "get around the filter". "Smack" talk, insults, disrespect, starting flame wars...all against the rules here. No *trolling* is allowed here in any manner. Personal attacks of any sort will not be tolerated and this includes *inciting* other members to "take the bait". Personal shots are always conversation stoppers and they are unsportsmanlike conduct, thus they are not 'cool' on this site. The simple rule and official policy here is "don't be a jerk".

Thanks

I love Bobby as much as the next Colts fan. He's given us some good memories...albiet not as many as he should have given. I have a question though. Has anyone ever wondered how he misses so much time and never breaks a bone? Always ligament or muscular tear. Can anyone think of a reason his muscles would b weaker than anyone elses? Think back to health class. What happens when you use steroids and then stop? Your joints, ligaments, and muscles become frail because your body doesn't produce as much testoserone as its used to having. I suspect he juiced somewhere along his career and had to stop to get in the nfl. Just food for thought.....