Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Leonard vs Gary Brackett

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So what?

You said he was poor at tackling and even had his weight wrong.

The dude missed 5 tackles last season and he weighs 230 lbs. 

I never said he was poor at tackling and if I did it was my mistake.. I just think he is a mismatch against bigger players because he is so light. Playing at 215 is very light and u r no match for an O linemen who may out weigh u by 100 pounds. It is kind of in Indys favour should their line backers want big money. They can scout both linebackers and safeties to play his position.

32 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I never said he was poor at tackling and if I did it was my mistake.. I just think he is a mismatch against bigger players because he is so light. Playing at 215 is very light and u r no match for an O linemen who may out weigh u by 100 pounds. It is kind of in Indys favour should their line backers want big money. They can scout both linebackers and safeties to play his position.

For the life of me I just don't understand your reasoning. 

The article you listed says exactly why he wants to play at 215-220 lbs.

The game is faster than it used to be. 

We have one of the premier linebackers in the league and you are worried about money and looking for someone to replace him? 

For years we struggled to find players of his caliber and you have a problem with it? Sorry, it makes no sense. 

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

For the life of me I just don't understand your reasoning. 

The article you listed says exactly why he wants to play at 215-220 lbs.

The game is faster than it used to be. 

We have one of the premier linebackers in the league and you are worried about money and looking for someone to replace him? 

For years we struggled to find players of his caliber and you have a problem with it? Sorry, it makes no sense. 

I think u r missing my point. I actually think there is going to b a trend towards power football.  Everyone has an opinion. When someone doesnt agree eith u....u say they make no sense. I will tap out

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Two things stand out here. One I am not joking and second, I am not the dense one. 
    • I'm anxious to see which injured players we might get back this week.  I think Leonard and Pittman would give us a nice boost.   I noticed that the last 4 teams to beat the Falcons all lost the following week.  The Lions beat the Falcons last week, so maybe we keep that trend going?   This one looks like a toss up.  If we get Leonard and Pittman back, I like the Colts to come out on top, 27-24.
    • Thanks for sharing.   I wonder what these stats really tell us, since it is only for plays where the receiver is targeted.   I can't speak for last year, but the popular take I get from Colts fans is that Brissett was too conservative in his decision making and didn't push the ball downfield.  The stats you provided show that the receivers were open last year when they were targeted, but I wonder how open they were getting on all routes...I honestly don't know.  I assume Rivers makes more tight window throws than Brissett, and often times successfully, so I would expect that to skew the separation stats downward slightly for this season.
    • Yeah, it's only must win if you want a winning season.   After this game, I see at best the Colts winning  4 of 9.  Bal, Pitt, GB unlikely. Split with TN and HOU, a very tough battle out in LV.  Jax will likely be the decider for the playoffs.  Even at 4-2 we're still in 7th.  We lost the tie breaker with the Browns who most likely will be there with us so we have to be a game up and LV at the end will also trying to squeak in which makes them a must win also for tie breaker reasons. If we lose this one, we have to beat one of the big 3 left and sweep either Hou or TN.  That could be done, but for me the trouble is scoring enough.  We need to be able to score 30+ in a bunch of games coming up.  Detroit might be the first as I think Galloway is rounding back into form and Swift finally has heated up as well.   I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this game.   In the end, we likely will win a game that looks unwinnable, but lose one we think we have in the bag.  If that holds true, this game is a must win because going over .500 the rest of the way seems unlikely.  An injury to one of those team's QBs would change everything, but status quo looks more daunting.  We also need to be scoring 30+ to beat these teams for the most part.  Houston, by the way, has played most of their toughest games.  TN, like us, has a lot of tough games left.  I could still see them losing 5+ more games but doubt we win 5+ more after this week.  Our head to heads start with an away Thurs game after a brutal Bal game the Sunday before.  We've been scheduled for way more Away Thursday games than any other team in history.  If I remember right, we've only hosted on Thursday 3 times, one of which was the infamous Thanksgiving game against Pitt.  We caught a little break in that TN originally had their Bye week just before our game but now have to play their make up game with Bal that was shifted to that week.     I wouldn't be surprised to find us playing either KC, Pitt or Bal in the playoffs whether we win the division or finish as the #7 seed.  I don't like our chances with a fading QB.     Record and Scoring Ave.   @Det: 3-3 26.0 Bal: 5-1 29.83 @TN: 5-1 31.33 GB: 5-1 32.8 TN: 5-1 31.33 @Hou: 1-6 27.66 @LV: 3-3  28.5 Hou: 1-6 27.66 @Pitt: 6-0  30.5 Jax: 1-6 25.66   We are averaging 26.16 against some of the worst defenses in the league and some of our scoring has been our defense.    Based on that? This is a MUST win game to make the playoffs AND not be playing Bal or Pit or KC.  If it were a bet, I say this is a pick 'em game.  It's not, and as such I would take the points.  I think the team with the last possession with time (versus less than the 60 seconds that Stafford needs) wins.  I also think for the Colts to win, our Defense has to score. I think if we lose this game, we will have to sweep TN to make the playoffs (because of that dang loss to Jax and the need for the divisional tie breaker).     Lions 31-30 Colts  (Hope I am wrong).  
    • Brissett is a decent backup QB (look around - he’s perhaps the very best backup QB available given he knows Colts system and can step right in) - and any team with playoff aspirations needs two capable QB in case starter is injured (for a few plays or longer).  Having one would leave us exposed.  Trading Brissett for a draft pick is shortsighted.  He would command very little in return and whatever we would get would be a draft pick in the future.  
  • Members