Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts are only going to allow 25% attendance

16 hours ago, horseshoepower said:

I did not think about the alcohol induced fans. tailgating with masks, social distancing..

Think about the lines trying to get into the stadium before the games.  Ugh...!

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Think about the lines trying to get into the stadium before the games.  Ugh...!

It was not that bad in regular times.  I imagine with a 25% max capacity, getting in and out relatively safely will be OK.

39 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

It was not that bad in regular times.  I imagine with a 25% max capacity, getting in and out relatively safely will be OK.

Yeah, if people practice safe distancing and everyone doesn't try to get in at the same time.  ha!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Yep.  Baseball is already starting to run into problems and it's been, what, a week?  The NFL will soon find this out.  Bottom line:  No bubble, no control of what happens.  The NBA is thus far getting this thing right.

NBA is always getting it right and was the first of the big three sports to figure out an accurate plan. The last testing showed not a single NBA player testing positive. There has to be a bubble for NFL players if not your going to see a lot of positive test and it's going to ruin the season a season where I think the Colts could be very good it would be a shame for sure. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yeah, if people practice safe distancing and everyone doesn't try to get in at the same time.  ha!

I think it would be fine with 14,000 to 16,000 at the games everyone will have to wear mask until they get to there seats and wear masks to the restroom. I'm not sure how they would do concessions though. 

• Like 1

I've only been to Lucas Oil Stadium once, but I know it's a huge stadium and 25% is low enough for social distance. That allows for plenty of room.

To further help, the Colts should open the stadium roof as much as possible. There are a lot of positive studies about COVID losing its effectiveness in outdoor weather as the elements pound at COVID's outer coating. If we were still in the RCA Dome, I would be more worried.

Also, I'm concerned stadiums that don't permit crowds will take the opportunity to do what the MLB did with the video + kneeling antics because they know they can get away with it in the absence of a crowd booing them.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I've only been to Lucas Oil Stadium once, but I know it's a huge stadium and 25% is low enough for social distance. That allows for plenty of room.

To further help, the Colts should open the stadium roof as much as possible. There are a lot of positive studies about COVID losing its effectiveness in outdoor weather as the elements pound at COVID's outer coating. If we were still in the RCA Dome, I would be more worried.

Also, I'm concerned stadiums that don't permit crowds will take the opportunity to do what the MLB did with the video + kneeling antics because they know they can get away with it in the absence of a crowd booing them.

RMD....

Good post, I think.   The adjective of having the roof open as much as possible is a GREAT idea.   Really smart if you to post that.

That said, what does the last paragraph mean? I am lost as to what you’re trying to day.   Can you elaborate, please?   Thanks.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The adjective of having the roof open as much as possible is a GREAT idea.   Really smart if you to post that.

That said, what does the last paragraph mean? I am lost as to what you’re trying to day.   Can you elaborate, please?   Thanks.

Aww, shucks. Thanks :D. Alas, it's impossible for me to elaborate though. :)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Aww, shucks. Thanks :D. Alas, it's impossible for me to elaborate though. :)

best not too or you will get kicked off the forum. some things you cant say anymore

12 hours ago, DougDew said:

Baseball and football have bigger rosters than the NBA.  The NBA has an advantage because they have fewer players to spread the virus. 

No argument there.  So the question is.......is it all worth the risk?  Some players apparently feel it isn't.

9 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

NBA is always getting it right and was the first of the big three sports to figure out an accurate plan. The last testing showed not a single NBA player testing positive. There has to be a bubble for NFL players if not your going to see a lot of positive test and it's going to ruin the season a season where I think the Colts could be very good it would be a shame for sure. 

I don't follow NBA much but, the whole league is going to abstain from  Florida strip clubs for months?

• Haha 2

Ballard is doing a presser today. They are having internal discussions on having two practices at the LOS with limited fans. Said depends on the conditions because he doesn’t want to put anyone at risk. Would be great if fans got to see some of the rookies like Eason and Pittman.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

No argument there.  So the question is.......is it all worth the risk?  Some players apparently feel it isn't.

I haven't kept up on the negotiations, but its my belief they if an individual player benefits from being in a collective union (NFLPA), then things should also be detrimental to him to.  IOW, if the Union says they will play, then he plays.  He shouldn't have the luxury of opting out simply because he feels uncomfortable playing.  The NFLPA has already weighed the risks and has decided for him.  Part of the reason why it sucks to belong to a union.  They'll want to have it both ways, which ever way is convenient for them at the moment, but nobody is entitled to that in this world.

But if I was the NFLPA, I would simply scrap the season.  I think big people are more at risk despite their age, so my guess is that NFL players have more risk than scrappy little baseball players.

I guess players wouldn't get game checks.  Maybe not paid at all.  If I was a player, I would take the risk.  If I was the head of the NFLPA, I would push to scrap the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, horseshoepower said:

I don't follow NBA much but, the whole league is going to abstain from  Florida strip clubs for months?

Well...   Lou Williams went to a “Gentleman’s Club” in Atlanta, Georgia.   So the location clearly doesn’t matter.   But your point is still a good one.   

From the “you can’t make this up file”. Williams says he went there for the FOOD!   That it’s his favorite place to dine in Atlanta. 

Reaction:  and he may also say he bought Playboy for the articles and NOT the pictures! 
:thmup:

• Haha 1

For those that care, I did get a call today about becoming a season ticket holder. I did ask about this coming season on tickets with the 25% capacity who would be given first chance at tickets and it sounds like the selling of tickets to a game will be prohibited so it will just be those who have been loyal fans for while. He did tell me if there was a game we wanted to go to badly enough this year that they could put in a request. Supposed to go pick out our seats in the next couple weeks so hopefully there will be some more clarity.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, twfish said:

For those that care, I did get a call today about becoming a season ticket holder. I did ask about this coming season on tickets with the 25% capacity who would be given first chance at tickets and it sounds like the selling of tickets to a game will be prohibited so it will just be those who have been loyal fans for while. He did tell me if there was a game we wanted to go to badly enough this year that they could put in a request. Supposed to go pick out our seats in the next couple weeks so hopefully there will be some more clarity.

I'm confused by what this means... if they aren't selling tickets, how will any fans get tickets?

2 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I'm confused by what this means... if they aren't selling tickets, how will any fans get tickets?

They basically canceled everyone's season tickets and any single game tickets bought on any platform.  They are going give season ticket holders first dibs at buying the available tickets for 25% of the capacity of the stadium.  Season ticket holders have the option of getting a refund or having the money paid rolled over to next season.  Everyone's contract will carry over to next year.  

I have season tickets in the club section and the email I got said that I'll have first dibs at buying one of two half season plans but I'm sure this is based on seniority.  I'm not sure how the non club season ticket holders will be handled.  I think if there are any tickets left over after season ticket holders have a chance to buy then the remainder would be made available to the public.  It seems chaotic to me but more information about it is to come.  

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, ColtsSouljah said:

The way i understood it, its prohibited for a season ticket holder to receive the tickets and then turn around and sell them on like ticketmaster or something like that.

• Thanks 1

I'm so happy to read the comments on this topic. I'm in Canada and my window into the happening of the U.S. is obscured. It's easy to get the wrong impression of what the general story is. Social media is a mess and the news has it's it own motives. What a treat it is to see a measured debate stay on topic yet address a very tough situation.

• Like 2

Seems so far we haven’t heard of any Colt veterans testing positive for covid. Only the couple rookies who I think were undrafted. I think the positives so far on teams has been pretty low.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:21 AM, coltsva said:

Also opting for refund on season tickets. 

“it’s my money, and I want it now!”

On 7/26/2020 at 12:37 PM, deedub75 said:

LOL!  Me too!

On 7/29/2020 at 1:44 PM, DougDew said:

I haven't kept up on the negotiations, but its my belief they if an individual player benefits from being in a collective union (NFLPA), then things should also be detrimental to him to.  IOW, if the Union says they will play, then he plays.  He shouldn't have the luxury of opting out simply because he feels uncomfortable playing.  The NFLPA has already weighed the risks and has decided for him.  Part of the reason why it sucks to belong to a union.  They'll want to have it both ways, which ever way is convenient for them at the moment, but nobody is entitled to that in this world.

The NFL and players union agreed to a modification to the CBA, and it's all spelled out here-

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/NFLPA-outlines-COVID-19-amendments-to-CBA-15435633.php

On 7/29/2020 at 1:44 PM, DougDew said:

But if I was the NFLPA, I would simply scrap the season.  I think big people are more at risk despite their age, so my guess is that NFL players have more risk than scrappy little baseball players.

I guess players wouldn't get game checks.  Maybe not paid at all.  If I was a player, I would take the risk.  If I was the head of the NFLPA, I would push to scrap the season.

Voluntary opt outs get a $150,000 stipend counted as a salary advance and taken off next years contract.

High risk opt outs (doctors record) get a $350,000 stipend, and it doesn't count as a salary advance.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It would be the town manager, Town Council, and County Boards decision 

I’m speaking in regards to more restrictions coming down that would promo Penske’s decision. 

5 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I’m speaking in regards to more restrictions coming down that would promo Penske’s decision. 

That is a Speedway Town Board and Marion County Decision 

Speedway is an excluded city and therefore not truly under JHs control

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That is a Speedway Town Board and Marion County Decision 

Speedway is an excluded city and therefore not truly under JHs control

Got it!

• Like 1
On 7/24/2020 at 6:07 PM, NewColtsFan said:

“Only” 25,000?!?    I’m surprised they’re allowing that much.....

I thought I saw Indianapolis show up as a hot spot for Covid.   And they’re letting in nearly 40 percent of a sellout?

Wow!   No thank you,  not me!   

25% not 25000

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see what the season ticket holders do... Will I be able to get a lot of cheap tickets this year or will they be at a premium because so few will be available?

I'm betting I will get a lot of cheap tickets.

50 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

It will be interesting to see what the season ticket holders do... Will I be able to get a lot of cheap tickets this year or will they be at a premium because so few will be available?

I'm betting I will get a lot of cheap tickets.

Where would these cheap tickets come from?  They are selling tickets to season ticket holders in pods and I’m not sure if they will be available for resale. 

2 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Where would these cheap tickets come from?  They are selling tickets to season ticket holders in pods and I’m not sure if they will be available for resale. 

Why would resale be any different, other than they may have to sell them all instead of individually.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Why would resale be any different, other than they may have to sell them all instead of individually.

Since I cannot edit anymore I will just add on.  Maybe there won't be many for resale maybe the people that get the tickets will go to all the games, but things always will and do come up.  Maybe someone will have to quarantine for a couple of weeks and therefore sell their tickets.  Who knows.

4 hours ago, deedub75 said:

I assumed that after the season ticket holders had their chance that single game buyers would be given the chance. Has someone said that's not the case? Or are you assuming season ticket holders will buy up the total 25%?

11 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

They won't be able to allow fans in at all since there are other teams that can't allow any based on city ordinances. 

There has been no league memo stating that, and teams are preparing to allow fans based on their own situations. I guess anything could change with all this, but as of now that is not the case.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

They won't be able to allow fans in at all since there are other teams that can't allow any based on city ordinances. 

Not so sure. Some may, others will not.

54 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

There has been no league memo stating that, and teams are preparing to allow fans based on their own situations. I guess anything could change with all this, but as of now that is not the case.

I think the NFL is leaving it up to local jurisdictions on who has fans in attendance and how many. It will be up to the teams to comply with their local guidelines and restrictions.