Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
indyagent17

The Colts are only going to allow 25% attendance

Recommended Posts

They say they’re going to hold our money off till 2021 but I’m curious if we can see any games at all this year as season-ticket holders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Only” 25,000?!?    I’m surprised they’re allowing that much.....

 

I thought I saw Indianapolis show up as a hot spot for Covid.   And they’re letting in nearly 40 percent of a sellout?

 

Wow!   No thank you,  not me!   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

“Only” 25,000?!?    I’m surprised they’re allowing that much.....

 

I thought I saw Indianapolis show up as a hot spot for Covid.   And they’re letting in nearly 40 percent of a sellout?

 

Wow!   No thank you,  not me!   

25% which is 16500. Glad there will be fans. I hope teams in NY realize they can let some in and it will be perfectly safe.

 

I am slowly starting to get excited for the season. The nfl and sports teams all made me really mad. But it’s starting to hit now we are actually going to get football. Michael Pittman junior is one reason I am getting so excited. Watching his videos he is so fun and likeable. I can’t wait to hear how he does in camp. Sad that we won’t see a Eason Kelly battle in the preseason.  Maybe if we are lucky we will see Eason towards the end of the season if we have a playoff spot wrapped up. I would rather see him the Jacoby. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

“Only” 25,000?!?    I’m surprised they’re allowing that much.....

 

I thought I saw Indianapolis show up as a hot spot for Covid.   And they’re letting in nearly 40 percent of a sellout?

 

Wow!   No thank you,  not me!   

Its 25% capacity, not 25,000 people

 

17,500 people.(70,000 capacity @ 25%)

 

Still a lot for sure.

 

Yes Indiana as a whole is a hot spot.

 

Broke single day infection records last 2 days. Back to back days

 

Over 1000 for the first time today.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live by the track I will eat my Brats (cookout) and watch people + stay safe as usual. I use to go to the race every year = the 90's and partied my rear off but stop going years ago so no sweat off my back lmao . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like only 12 rookies have tested positive so far. That isn’t bad at all. You have all the drafted guys plus the undrafted so that’s a lot of players and very few positive.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like only 12 rookies have tested positive so far. That isn’t bad at all. You have all the drafted guys plus the undrafted so that’s a lot of players and very few positive.

 

Have all rookies reported?

 

Or is this just the ones that have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Have all rookies reported?

 

Or is this just the ones that have?

I forgot to add that is from 9 teams that have reported data so far. There will defiantly be cases initially and there will probably be some false positive. But so far not to bad. That can just over one rookie per team so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I forgot to add that is from 9 teams that have reported data so far. There will defiantly be cases initially and there will probably be some false positive. But so far not to bad. That can just over one rookie per team so far.

Right on, I wasn't sure of top my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

25% which is 16500. Glad there will be fans. I hope teams in NY realize they can let some in and it will be perfectly safe.

 

I am slowly starting to get excited for the season. The nfl and sports teams all made me really mad. But it’s starting to hit now we are actually going to get football. Michael Pittman junior is one reason I am getting so excited. Watching his videos he is so fun and likeable. I can’t wait to hear how he does in camp. Sad that we won’t see a Eason Kelly battle in the preseason.  Maybe if we are lucky we will see Eason towards the end of the season if we have a playoff spot wrapped up. I would rather see him the Jacoby. 

 

 

Chloe...    thanks for the correction.  Glad you spotted it.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I forgot to add that is from 9 teams that have reported data so far. There will defiantly be cases initially and there will probably be some false positive. But so far not to bad. That can just over one rookie per team so far.

 

To the bolded, aren't false negatives just as possible?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very nervous.  Indiana is a hot spot and 25% seems way too much to me.  Zero attendance for NY teams and we are in much better shape than most of the country.  Hearing no complaints from Bills fans around me.  I watch the Colts at a sports bar with other Colts fans.  It would be extremely difficult to social distance where we go if at all.  Not sure what we are going to do. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

 

To the bolded, aren't false negatives just as possible?

Actually false negatives are more prominent, hence why they need to pass 2 test to return.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

 

To the bolded, aren't false negatives just as possible?

 

There are a lot of false negatives if people are tested too early.  If you get infected today, it can take 4 days before you would actually test positive.  

 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/06/200610094112.htm

 

The researchers estimated that those tested with SARS-CoV-2 in the four days after infection were 67% more likely to test negative, even if they had the virus. When the average patient began displaying symptoms of the virus, the false-negative rate was 38%. The test performed best eight days after infection (on average, three days after symptom onset), but even then had a false negative rate of 20%, meaning one in five people who had the virus had a negative test result.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

They say they’re going to hold our money off till 2021 but I’m curious if we can see any games at all this year as season-ticket holders

 

I'm opted for a refund because I don't want to give the Colts an interest free loan until next year.  This was the last year of my club seat contract and I had no plans of renewing the contract after this year.  Regardless of whether you take a refund or roll the money to next season, I don't like that they are forcing me into another year of club seats.  My plan was to move out of the club seats next year because the club seats cost so much.  I emailed the rep to see if I could move out of the club seats for next season.  We'll see what happens. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I would be very nervous.  Indiana is a hot spot and 25% seems way too much to me.  Zero attendance for NY teams and we are in much better shape than most of the country.  Hearing no complaints from Bills fans around me.  I watch the Colts at a sports bar with other Colts fans.  It would be extremely difficult to social distance where we go if at all.  Not sure what we are going to do. 

 

Marion County has put back in some restrictions that went into effect today since Indianapolis is 1 of the 12 hotspot cities.  Bars are now closed again and restaurants are back to 50% capacity only.  Sporting events are capped at 25% but the mayor says that even that could change based on the data.  

 

The NFL still has time on its side so hopefully the cases will be way down before the first games.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they should be allowing any fans.  I like what the NBA is doing with the quarantine bubble, no fans, regular testing, etc.  It's working.  What the MLB and NFL are trying to do is not sustainable right now in this COVID environment.  I will be absolutely stunned if they are able to finish their seasons quite frankly.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I don't think they should be allowing any fans.  I like what the NBA is doing with the quarantine bubble, no fans, regular testing, etc.  It's working.  What the MLB and NFL are trying to do is not sustainable right now in this COVID environment.  I will be absolutely stunned if they are able to finish their seasons quite frankly.

You make good points, we are all about to find out!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I don't think they should be allowing any fans.  I like what the NBA is doing with the quarantine bubble, no fans, regular testing, etc.  It's working.  What the MLB and NFL are trying to do is not sustainable right now in this COVID environment.  I will be absolutely stunned if they are able to finish their seasons quite frankly.

It’s going to take players to do the right thing off the field. Wear a mask and don’t put themselves in risky situations. They did agree to fines if a player or any coach does any risky behavior. That means no going out to eat, no taking Uber’s, and avoid large crowds. The nfl is planning on education for players. Also their families need to be responsible. I seen that the eagles is testing whoever lives in the house with its staff. Same should be done for the players.

 

As far as fans that is such a small amount it will be perfectly fine. Especially if they do the concession thing they are talking about. Face coverings are required. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 6:41 PM, Chloe6124 said:

25% which is 16500. Glad there will be fans. I hope teams in NY realize they can let some in and it will be perfectly safe.

 

I am slowly starting to get excited for the season. The nfl and sports teams all made me really mad. But it’s starting to hit now we are actually going to get football. Michael Pittman junior is one reason I am getting so excited. Watching his videos he is so fun and likeable. I can’t wait to hear how he does in camp. Sad that we won’t see a Eason Kelly battle in the preseason.  Maybe if we are lucky we will see Eason towards the end of the season if we have a playoff spot wrapped up. I would rather see him the Jacoby. 

 

 

You have zero knowledge to tell anyone that it is perfectly safe for 17000 people to gather in close proximity for over 3 hours, shouting and screaming and ejecting all kinds of stuff from their mouths etc.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

You have zero knowledge to tell anyone that it is perfectly safe for 17000 people to gather in close proximity for over 3 hours, shouting and screaming and ejecting all kinds of stuff from their mouths etc.


It also depends on what those 17,000 people do before and after the games. Right now, restaurants are back at 50% capacity and bars are closed. Masks are required indoors. By the time games come around those restrictions may be lifted so fans will pack bars and restaurants before and after games possibly without a mask requirement. But I guess having 17,000 vs 70,000 fans in downtown Indy is better. 
 

Also, masks aren’t 100% effective and people wear different types of face coverings and some are less effective than others. Wearing a mask reduces the chance of contracting the virus but it doesn’t eliminate it even if everyone wears one. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drunk football fans will not adhere to mask protocol I fear. If the season goes ahead. I sincerely hope the league has firm contingency plans to cover all possible scenarios if games are cancelled etc. Chaos in Europe re the soccer leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 6:41 PM, Chloe6124 said:

25% which is 16500. Glad there will be fans. I hope teams in NY realize they can let some in and it will be perfectly safe.

 

I am slowly starting to get excited for the season. The nfl and sports teams all made me really mad. But it’s starting to hit now we are actually going to get football. Michael Pittman junior is one reason I am getting so excited. Watching his videos he is so fun and likeable. I can’t wait to hear how he does in camp. Sad that we won’t see a Eason Kelly battle in the preseason.  Maybe if we are lucky we will see Eason towards the end of the season if we have a playoff spot wrapped up. I would rather see him the Jacoby. 

 

 

I agree with you about Eason and everything else but I'm still cautiously optimistic that a major outbreak in the NFL don't ends things early but it looks like they want to play so that's good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also opting for refund on season tickets. 
 

“it’s my money, and I want it now!”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coltsva said:

Also opting for refund on season tickets. 
 

“it’s my money, and I want it now!”

 

LOL!  Me too!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they going to ask fans to sign waivers to cover themselves from frivolous liability lawsuits?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as there is football on the field.  At the same time, the team is thinking of the safety of the fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, deedub75 said:

 

LOL!  Me too!


Do you go way back in line for season ticket eligibility should you do this? How does that work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, chad72 said:


Do you go way back in line for season ticket eligibility should you do this? How does that work?

No.  You don’t lose standing or priority.  If you opt for a refund on 2020, you simply approach 2021 same as usual and pay when fees are due.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Breeze said:

No.  You don’t lose standing or priority.  If you opt for a refund on 2020, you simply approach 2021 same as usual and pay when fees are due.  


It’s the same regardless of whether you take a refund or not. Your contract just rolls over to next season. I refuse to give them an interest free loan though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 6:56 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I live by the track I will eat my Brats (cookout) and watch people + stay safe as usual. I use to go to the race every year = the 90's and partied my rear off but stop going years ago so no sweat off my back lmao . 

I'm going to my 57 straight race with family and friends and will be partying my * off in some of the same 14 seats I've had for nearly 40 years at the top of the NEV turn.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baseball is already having problems (Marlins outbreak), football will definitely run into this as well.

 

We'll see if the NFL can pull it off. I doubt we'll have more than a few games.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I’m surprised they’re allowing any at all. I’m not sure I would.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 11:13 AM, braveheartcolt said:

Drunk football fans will not adhere to mask protocol I fear. If the season goes ahead. I sincerely hope the league has firm contingency plans to cover all possible scenarios if games are cancelled etc. Chaos in Europe re the soccer leagues.

 I did not think about the alcohol induced fans. tailgating with masks, social distancing..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imo they wont have to allow!!! they will be lucky to get 25% filled

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL needs to get on this now and say zero crowds. A for safety and B just to level playing field. How is it fair to have some cities allow a percentage and some cities allow none? Home field in football is the most important advantage in sports imo. Looks like the teams playing Seattle this year are grinning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't attend events or businesses where there is a crowd.  Shoulder to shoulder volumes are not my thing.  In a broad statement, if every bar, nightclub, theatre, quaint bistro, tourist trap, etc. closed forever; it would actually be a good thing in many ways, IMO.  In that respect, bring on more COVID.

 

The fact that the Colts will limit capacity to 25% would actually be a reason to attend.  The pandemic has created a desirable environment for me to now to attend the games, where a crowded status always kept me away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, IinD said:

Baseball is already having problems (Marlins outbreak), football will definitely run into this as well.

 

We'll see if the NFL can pull it off. I doubt we'll have more than a few games.

Yep.  Baseball is already starting to run into problems and it's been, what, a week?  The NFL will soon find this out.  Bottom line:  No bubble, no control of what happens.  The NBA is thus far getting this thing right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baseball and football have bigger rosters than the NBA.  The NBA has an advantage because they have fewer players to spread the virus. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...