Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No preseason games

Myles

How does everyone feel about this.    I'm going to miss not seeing some players play.   I looked forward to seeing Eason and Kelly play.  it doesn't tell you everything, but it is nice to take a look.  

25 minutes ago, Myles said:

How does everyone feel about this.    I'm going to miss not seeing some players play.   I looked forward to seeing Eason and Kelly play.  it doesn't tell you everything, but it is nice to take a look.  

Agree.  I feel for the guys trying to make the team.  With no pre-season games we really have to focus on getting the starters most of the reps in scrimmages.  The bubble guys aren't going to get a chance to show what they can do in gametime situations.

Any word on expanding the rosters some more?

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Agree.  I feel for the guys trying to make the team.  With no pre-season games we really have to focus on getting the starters most of the reps in scrimmages.  The bubble guys aren't going to get a chance to show what they can do in gametime situations.

Any word on expanding the rosters some more?

The roster for the start of camp may get cut to 80.  

But the word is also that the regular season roster may increase to deal with the expected impact from Covid.  I have not yet seen a number for the possible regular season roster. 

Just now, csmopar said:

I wouldn’t count on there being a season at this point. Hate to be that guy but stores are starting to announce they won’t be doing the traditional Black Friday rituals either

Only the hard core traditionalists do Black Fridays in stores, everyone else has gone to Amazon and other online retailer shopping. :) 

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

I wouldn’t count on there being a season at this point. Hate to be that guy but stores are starting to announce they won’t be doing the traditional Black Friday rituals either

This is where I'm at right now as well.

Part of me also is nowhere near as excited as usual for football. Never thought I'd say I'm ok with a missed season with the way things are going in the world in general.

Most sports in general right now seem forced (for obvious reasons) and they're obviously 'winging it' in many aspects. Watched a few innings of empty stadium baseball the other day... Painful, talking strictly for myself. 

I'd love regular football, but can't get to excited about watching a potentially empty stadium weekly, possibly playing a 6/8/10 game season, most likely having guys test positive throughout the season etc.

I haven't been on much (strictly stalking, lol)so I hope you and all the other usual suspects around here are well .

As I said in an earlier thread I really cant fathom the players putting this health issue in the back of their minds and concentrating 100% on football. We have heard forever about distractions effecting players. 

IMO I just don't think there is going to be a complete season. 

I hope I am wrong but just the logistics of keeping players out of danger is IMO impossible. 

My favorite sport is the NFL but my enjoyment is not worth risking the players and all the personnel's heath. 

Well lol talked about cutting back preseason games last year, they got their wish. And they expanded the playoffs.

I don't think there's going to be a season. We should've cancelled the rest of the year.

I'm just a bit bitter, because everything in my life EXCEPT work has changed. Everyday 6-3. But no working from home. No gym. No amusement parks. No sports. No ESPN radio. My goodness, are mental hospitals overfilled too?

Sorry has nothing to do with sports.  But I'm just sad

I generally try to be a positive person, but the longer this pandemic goes on the more I believe we won't see the completion of the 2020 NFL season. I do believe they will try to start it, but just by the way that the game is played and the fact that the NFL would be almost impossible to bubble like the NBA and NHL, that they will not be able to play the entire season. I really hope that I am wrong and that we see a full season, but right now I just don't think it will happen. 

24 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Well lol talked about cutting back preseason games last year, they got their wish. And they expanded the playoffs.

I don't think there's going to be a season. We should've cancelled the rest of the year.

I'm just a bit bitter, because everything in my life EXCEPT work has changed. Everyday 6-3. But no working from home. No gym. No amusement parks. No sports. No ESPN radio. My goodness, are mental hospitals overfilled too?

Sorry has nothing to do with sports.  But I'm just sad

Hang in there. Mankind has been thru worst before. We WILL eventually beat this thing

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Hang in there. Mankind has been thru worst before. We WILL eventually beat this thing

Several years of The Spanish Flu and 6 years of World War II. The difference now is instant/constant updates to increase your stress levels with sensationalism and people more divided in fighting it.

13 hours ago, csmopar said:

My thoughts exactly.

It's rather strange how 2020 NFL season is evolving, the enthusiasm is diminishing as this pandemic is apparently is  getting worse before it gets better.  The evaluation process for the UFA, undrafted rookies will not occur, sad to see this, but the health factor is number one priority for the players and everyone associated with the NFL. .  .

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Several years of The Spanish Flu and 6 years of World War II. The difference now is instant/constant updates to increase your stress levels with sensationalism and people more divided in fighting it.

I understand what you are getting at here but this is the not the flu or a man made war. The contagion rate is off the charts. We just have to hope there is an adequate vaccine. I have this horrible feeling that however this virus was engineered it is going to wreak havoc for a long time. I really hope I am wrong.

2 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

I understand what you are getting at here but this is the not the flu or a man made war. The contagion rate is off the charts. We just have to hope there is an adequate vaccine. I have this horrible feeling that however this virus was engineered it is going to wreak havoc for a long time. I really hope I am wrong.

We will get to a point where we will learn to live with the virus once the vaccine and treatment protocols have more definition and certainty with time. Yes, it might take 2021 for that to happen with lingering effects till 2022 but the coping and co-existing with the virus phase will be in our system for us to have adapted by then to continue resuming life, even if in an altered state.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We will get to a point where we will learn to live with the virus once the vaccine and treatment protocols have more definition and certainty with time. Yes, it might take 2021 for that to happen with lingering effects till 2022 but the coping and co-existing with the virus phase will be in our system for us to have adapted by then to continue resuming life, even if in an altered state.

I agree. I just don't know when anyone will feel good about having tens of thousands of fans in one stadium. That is the part that depresses me. But we will figure it out eventually. 

Archived