Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.com ranks Colts with #5 defensive quartet

https://www.nfl.com/news/how-covid-19-limitations-will-affect-nfl-rosters-respect-zeke

Before clicking on the article I immediately felt the Colts are deserving to be ranked.  Their position hinges on what Malik Hooker does. Right now I feel he is an average starter but flashes his first round ability. If he stays healthy and our 2nd round picks(Turray, Ya Sin and Lewis) step up they could deserve to be ranked as high as #3.  Loads of potential with this defense.  This could be the year we finally have the offensive line, running game and defense combination a lot have wanted for years. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/how-covid-19-limitations-will-affect-nfl-rosters-respect-zeke

Before clicking on the article I immediately felt the Colts are deserving to be ranked.  Their position hinges on what Malik Hooker does. Right now I feel he is an average starter but flashes his first round ability. If he stays healthy and our 2nd round picks(Turray, Ya Sin and Lewis) step up they could deserve to be ranked as high as #3.  Loads of potential with this defense.  This could be the year we finally have the offensive line, running game and defense combination a lot have wanted for years. 

Unfortunately, there may not be a season.

Or they'll go to 7 on 7 in order to observe the 6 foot social distancing, and install electronic sensors on the players that end the play whenever that distance is violated. Which may actually work in some strange way with running plays. But I've yet to figure out a sensible way passing plays would work. Hard to not see every team scoring on every possession with 6 feet of separation on every pass play.

Well, maybe not the Bears :D.

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

Or they'll go to 7 on 7 in order to observe the 6 foot social distancing, and install electronic sensors on the players that end the play whenever that distance is violated. Which may actually work in some strange way with running plays. But I've yet to figure out a sensible way passing plays would work. Hard to not see every team scoring on every possession with 6 feet of separation on every pass play.

If players wish to celebrate with each other after a touchdown, they must produce a protest sign or place an order for food.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
51 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

If players wish to celebrate with each other after a touchdown, they must produce a protest sign or place an order for food.

The placing an order for food part cracked me up. A lot of my friends were shocked when they found out we did not get take out a single time during the lock down. We did go out for Mexican food the first day things were opened up and I wanted to drink the queso straight from the bowl. 

57 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

The placing an order for food part cracked me up. A lot of my friends were shocked when they found out we did not get take out a single time during the lock down. We did go out for Mexican food the first day things were opened up and I wanted to drink the queso straight from the bowl. 

The comment was referencing the bar situation in New York State. Our great Gov. now says you can't order a drink at a bar unless you order food.

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The comment was referencing the bar situation in New York State. Our great Gov. now says you can't order a drink at a bar unless you order food.

Makes sense bc mozzarellas sticks prevent Covid from getting on your beer mug. 

14 hours ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

Visual tackles only. I could see this really working! Just install laser guns to the helmets. No worries. Injuries? A thing of the past!

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Visual tackles only. I could see this really working! Just install laser guns to the helmets. No worries. Injuries? A thing of the past!

Not if they’re using lazer guns from Star Trek or Star Wars.

Well, thinking about it some more, *technically* there would be no “injury” since the body would be incinerated...so, I guess you’re right.  :D

37 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Not if they’re using lazer guns from Star Trek or Star Wars.

Well, thinking about it some more, *technically* there would be no “injury” since the body would be incinerated...so, I guess you’re right.  :D

Lol I meant more in terms in lazer tag haha but hey its do or die out there. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

If more people had a “great” governor like yours, more people in this country would still be alive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 7/18/2020 at 11:54 AM, AwesomeAustin said:

Unless the scheme involves taking more chances or blitzing more, it will still limit the defensive scoring, IMO.

By virtue of that, a Top 10 D, I can see and hope for. Anything can happen but too many questions to be answered before anointing them.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Unless the scheme involves taking more chances or blitzing more, it will still limit the defensive scoring, IMO.

By virtue of that, a Top 10 D, I can see and hope for. Anything can happen but too many questions to be answered before anointing them.

Exactly. There have been many pre game paper tigers in NFL history. 

The only rankings that matter are game time rankings and the results.