Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Here is a analysis on him from Daniel Jeremiah...

 

https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-trey-lance-north-dakota-state-qb-similar-to-andrew-luck

 

I would love if the Colts had the chance to get Lance. I think he could be special if used right. And he is more athletic than Luck and I think he gets rid of the ball quicker. 

If the Colts are in a posiiton to draft Lance, Ballard and Reich wont b making that pick as the would b gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If the Colts are in a posiiton to draft Lance, Ballard and Reich wont b making that pick as the would b gone.

So now you are speaking for Jim Irsay? 

I guess you are not thinking that Ballard could trade up if it worked out that way? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If the Colts are in a posiiton to draft Lance, Ballard and Reich wont b making that pick as the would b gone.

There’s actually a way for Ballard and Reich to make that pick without fear if being fired.

 

The NFL season is canceled or not enough if the season is played to mean much if anything.

 

So the NFL does a lottery.  Franchise names are pulled randomly and the Colts get lucky and pull a high pick.   That’s possible. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Here is a analysis on him from Daniel Jeremiah...

 

https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-trey-lance-north-dakota-state-qb-similar-to-andrew-luck

 

I would love if the Colts had the chance to get Lance. I think he could be special if used right. And he is more athletic than Luck and I think he gets rid of the ball quicker. 

I’m curious.   How did you conclude that Lance is more athletic than Luck?   You don’t remember that Luck tested pretty much the same as Cam Newton at his combine?

 

Hey, if Lance is more athletic than Luck, great for him.  I’m just wondering....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m curious.   How did you conclude that Lance is more athletic than Luck?   You don’t remember that Luck tested pretty much the same as Cam Newton at his combine?

 

Hey, if Lance is more athletic than Luck, great for him.  I’m just wondering....

Luck was indeed a great athlete, especially when you consider how much bulk and size he had. IMO Lance is probably a bit more twitchy and quick, but probably don't have the same size/weight... 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Trevor Lawrence*, QB, Clemson. Height: 6-6. ...

Justin Fields*, QB, Ohio State. Height: 6-3. ...

Trey Lance**, QB, North Dakota State. Height: 6-3. ...

Jamie Newman, QB, Georgia. ...

Kellen Mond*, QB, Texas A&M. ...

Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas. ...

K.J. Costello, QB, Mississippi State. ...

Tanner Morgan*, QB, Minnesota.

 

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021QB.php

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It takes a good 2 years for a new QB to be groomed, I don't think they give up on Eason, especially if they have to bid adieu to Brissett after 2020, which is very likely and they bring Rivers in for 1 more year which could also be likely.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It takes a good 2 years for a new QB to be groomed, I don't think they give up on Eason, especially if they have to bid adieu to Brissett after 2020, which is very likely and they bring Rivers in for 1 more year which could also be likely.

I agree.   2 years of Rivers and on to Eason is the most likely scenario.  Unless NewColtsFans scenario comes true.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It takes a good 2 years for a new QB to be groomed, I don't think they give up on Eason, especially if they have to bid adieu to Brissett after 2020, which is very likely and they bring Rivers in for 1 more year which could also be likely.

 

33 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree.   2 years of Rivers and on to Eason is the most likely scenario.  Unless NewColtsFans scenario comes true.  

 

I don't think the Colts can rely on Eason being the guy and goal no. 1 should still be acquiring our QB of the future. Now Eason does have about a year to convince them that he's the guy, but IMO it would be a mistake to just pencil him in as the starter past Rivers. They don't have to give up on Eason. A lot of teams carry 3 QBs(about half of them last time I checked) and we can afford to do it if he's shown flashes but nothing amazing to secure a starting spot. This is why I wouldn't mind making moves for our QB of the future if there is a QB Reich and Ballard really like in the draft(Lance probably being the best we can get our hands on, since no team is probably likely to give up the pick to Lawrence or Fields)... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stitches said:

I don't think the Colts can rely on Eason being the guy and goal no. 1 should still be acquiring our QB of the future. Now Eason does have about a year to convince them that he's the guy, but IMO it would be a mistake to just pencil him in as the starter past Rivers. They don't have to give up on Eason. A lot of teams carry 3 QBs(about half of them last time I checked) and we can afford to do it if he's shown flashes but nothing amazing to secure a starting spot. This is why I wouldn't mind making moves for our QB of the future if there is a QB Reich and Ballard really like in the draft(Lance probably being the best we can get our hands on, since no team is probably likely to give up the pick to Lawrence or Fields)... 

 

Chad Kelly right now is just happy to get a paycheck, like I am during Covid-19. :) I have a feeling he will be gone soon.

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stitches said:

 

 

I don't think the Colts can rely on Eason being the guy and goal no. 1 should still be acquiring our QB of the future. Now Eason does have about a year to convince them that he's the guy, but IMO it would be a mistake to just pencil him in as the starter past Rivers. They don't have to give up on Eason. A lot of teams carry 3 QBs(about half of them last time I checked) and we can afford to do it if he's shown flashes but nothing to secure a starting spot. This is why I wouldn't mind making moves for our QB of the future if there is a QB Reich and Ballard really like in the draft(Lance probably being the best we can get our hands on, since no team is probably likely to give up the pick to Lawrence or Fields)... 

Oh yes, of course Eaton would need to prove himself this year.   Everything I have read seems to indicate he is putting in the time and effort to impress.  Obviously he is liked by the Colts since they drafted him and if they still like him and Rivers gives us 2 years, he would be the obvious QB to slide in to the starting spot.   If Reich and Ballard don't see the potential in Eaton I suppose they will draft or sign another QB.   

Just now, chad72 said:

 

Chad Kelly right now is just happy to get a paycheck, like I am during Covid-19. :) I have a feeling he will be gone soon.

Practice squad, right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Myles said:

Practice squad, right?

 

He is like the perennial flower, the Perennial Practice Squad guy. :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

He is like the perennial flower, the Perennial Practice Squad guy. :) 

I wish Brissett wasn't on the team and Kelly and Eason would battle for the backup role.   

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2020 at 9:42 PM, crazycolt1 said:

So now you are speaking for Jim Irsay? 

I guess you are not thinking that Ballard could trade up if it worked out that way? 

Nope.  Lance is predicted to go in top 5.  If we r picking there that means we had a dreadful season. A trade up could always be an option but super expensive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2020 at 11:11 PM, NewColtsFan said:

There’s actually a way for Ballard and Reich to make that pick without fear if being fired.

 

The NFL season is canceled or not enough if the season is played to mean much if anything.

 

So the NFL does a lottery.  Franchise names are pulled randomly and the Colts get lucky and pull a high pick.   That’s possible. 

I am not sure they would do a lottery that would include many teams. If they did do a lottery,  I suspect it would involve teams with very poor records. They could simply take the bottom 10 teams from this years draft and do a lottery involving them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Nope.  Lance is predicted to go in top 5.  If we r picking there that means we had a dreadful season. A trade up could always be an option but super expensive

The thing is if we should have a dreadful season that does not mean that Irsay would fire anyone. 

Especially this season with all the distractions that will be happening if we even have a season. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO there is no way we get Trevor, Justin, or Trey because we will make the playoffs pretty easily and be picking in the 20's. Rivers will be our QB in 2021 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO there is no way we get Trevor, Justin, or Trey because we will make the playoffs pretty easily and be picking in the 20's. Rivers will be our QB in 2021 as well.

Yup. The high 20's. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO there is no way we get Trevor, Justin, or Trey because we will make the playoffs pretty easily and be picking in the 20's. Rivers will be our QB in 2021 as well.

Isn’t all this based on a mountain of assumptions?   You’re assuming there’s a full season, including the playoffs.   You’re assuming the draft will be based in the traditional way, based on win-loss record, and not based on a random pulling of names out of a drum.

 

Lots of very big assumptions.   Covid could wipe out all of them.... 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Isn’t all this based on a mountain of assumptions?   You’re assuming there’s a full season, including the playoffs.   You’re assuming the draft will be based in the traditional way, based on win-loss record, and not based on a random pulling of names out of a drum.

 

Lots of very big assumptions.   Covid could wipe out all of them.... 

Of course you have a great point there. I was just basing it on us having a season.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Isn’t all this based on a mountain of assumptions?   You’re assuming there’s a full season, including the playoffs.   You’re assuming the draft will be based in the traditional way, based on win-loss record, and not based on a random pulling of names out of a drum.

 

Lots of very big assumptions.   Covid could wipe out all of them.... 

huh?  This whole thread is speculation.  Much like your theory above.  His opinion is no different.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2020 at 5:28 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Isn’t all this based on a mountain of assumptions?   You’re assuming there’s a full season, including the playoffs.   You’re assuming the draft will be based in the traditional way, based on win-loss record, and not based on a random pulling of names out of a drum.

 

Lots of very big assumptions.   Covid could wipe out all of them.... 

If Americans were as diligent as European countries in limiting risk to spread, we'd have no issue having a season.... Futbol seems to be doing fine.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

If Americans were as diligent as European countries in limiting risk to spread, we'd have no issue having a season.... Futbol seems to be doing fine.

I regret to say, I agree with you.  Americans are not very diligent at all.  Somehow things like wearing a mask and being good to your fellow man got politicized.   The American response has been beyond terrible.   And with the fall and winter to come, things may get worse before they get better.

 

Apologies to all as this post got political which I try not to do in these very strange times. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I regret to say, I agree with you.  Americans are not very diligent at all.  Somehow things like wearing a mask and being good to your fellow man got politicized.   The American response has been beyond terrible.   And with the fall and winter to come, things may get worse before they get better.

 

Apologies to all as this post got political which I try not to do in these very strange times. 

 

Whether things work out the way they intend to or not, the basic first steps would be for the NFL to chalk out a detailed plan like a flowchart for Plan A or Plan B or Plan C for Cancel. You cannot predict but you can prepare for as many scenarios as you can, controlled environments as you can and then go about it as the season were happening, with or without fans. Then, you make evaluations to introduce any variables as necessary as the season goes on, like increasing fan capacity etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Great stuff. Sounds like Paris is off to a great start. Kevin Bowen said he is supposed to be at practice Monday. I think they will be in full pads. 
    • That's pretty lofty.   It's only happened a handful of times in league history
    • Stubhub.   Legal scalping 
    • So, I spoke with the one of the Colts' tickets "Account Executives" today. This what he said. 1. They DO NOT expect there to be any single game tickets made available from the Colts as they anticipate season ticket holders using up all tickets with their 4 game package options.   2. They DO expect season ticket holders to resell single game tickets and so they encourage those wanting single game tickets to watch the secondary markets.   So, season ticket holders WILL be allowed to sell tickets to individual games and if the rest of us want to get to a game that's how we'll almost certainly have to do it.  
    • I also thought a big problem with Brissett last year was that he was often slow going through his reads (or just wasn't looking through all of them).  Rivers, on the other hand, has been very solid in this aspect and doesn't seem to shy away from spreading the ball out.  Rivers also has had a lot of success with the kind of hybrid RB/WR (e.g., Darren Sproles, Austin Ekeler).  We have Hines who fills a similar niche there, but I also think Campbell can be used very similarly since he is so fast and athletic.  Regardless, I think Campbell is a major beneficiary of having a new (hopefully improved) QB on this team.     Although he only had 2 catches last year, I was impressed with the little we saw on Dulin.  Also, since he came from a small D2 school, I expect he'll make a big improvement between year 1 and year 2 as he is now used to the NFL speed and coaching. I hope he steps up and makes the team, even if his main contributions are on special teams.   This definitely seems to be our deepest WR group going into a season in quite a while.  I think TY, Pittman, Pascal and Campbell are pretty much locks to make the team.  I assume we'll keep 6 WRs and think it's gonna be a tough battle for the last two slots with Patmon, Dulin, Fountain, and M. Johnson (who impressed me last year).  I also won't be shocked if Chad Williams or DeMichael Harris make some waves in training camp, especially if Harris proves he can be a legit KR. 
  • Members

    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 596

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 1,810

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TonyBungee

      TonyBungee 238

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 10,654

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • davidshoff

      davidshoff 2

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Chloe6124

      Chloe6124 7,762

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cjrulli

      cjrulli 391

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 4,999

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Archer

      Archer 1,330

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tdblue17

      tdblue17 6

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...