Indianapolis Colts
Coltsman1788

Michael Pittman, Jr. Reacts to His Madden Ratings

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This video is too funny, Pittman looks perturbed haha 

What does Pittman think he's going to get though? He's a 2nd round rookie. Those stats are consistent with 2nd round receiver talents drafted in the game. You can't get a high ranking until you prove yourself. He literally has no NFL experience yet and this is coming from a huge Pittman fan. I recently did a draft after finishing a season on Madden with random draft classes, and there was only one 80 ranked overall player in the entire class. You'll move up in rating Michael, just prove yourself on the field first!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What does Pittman think he's going to get though? He's a 2nd round rookie. Those stats are consistent with 2nd round receiver talents drafted in the game. You can't get a high ranking until you prove yourself. He literally has no NFL experience yet and this is coming from a huge Pittman fan. I recently did a draft after finishing a season on Madden with random draft classes, and there was only one 80 ranked overall player in the entire class. You'll move up in rating Michael, just prove yourself on the field first!

I thought his awareness and speed was a little low but I haven't played Madden in a while, you have so that may be par for the course for a rookie.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought his awareness and speed was a little low but I haven't played Madden in a while, you have so that may be par for the course for a rookie.

His awareness is actually high. Most rookies don't have a 70 or more unless they are a field general. The speed is a bit low, but he's a 6'4 223 pound big bodied receiver, so his speed won't be great compared to most receivers. A 4'52 40 is pretty average for a wr.

• Like 1

Madden is a terrible game, however I think the rating is fair. Fits in with most other rookie WR.

Um....well......so what? It's a digital fantasy world. I can't wait to see how he performs on the field. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This video is too funny, Pittman looks perturbed haha 

He should be perturbed about making it in the professional game, not about a video fame. Get over yourself young man. 

38 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

He should be perturbed about making it in the professional game, not about a video fame. Get over yourself young man. 

Lol he was "hamming" it up quite a bit. He'll be okay

• Like 1

Even tho I don’t follow stuff like this, I applaud his digital presence.  A lot of fans like to hear from players outside of the organization.  Indy is a small market team and he will bring a lot of USC fans with him. I hope he does well bc I’ve always been a fan of big bodied receivers that move the chains and catch TDs.  

• Like 3

Driven athletes look to find any reason to be motivated.  Brady claims he’s still po’ed by being drafted so late. I really hope he can use the “disrespect “.  

I thought the video was funny, and I think he really was perturbed, not just acting.  He seems like a really great young man.  (Only complaint - no Bosco!). 

• Like 3

How is he on Tecmo Super Bowl?  That is the only thing that matters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He has a great woman. She really takes care of him. The last  video  she mentioned maybe going into nursing school. She seems like a natural care giver and I think she would be great at it. 

There dog is so cool. He seems like a big baby. Wonder how they plan on getting him to Indiana.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

His awareness is actually high. Most rookies don't have a 70 or more unless they are a field general. The speed is a bit low, but he's a 6'4 223 pound big bodied receiver, so his speed won't be great compared to most receivers. A 4'52 40 is pretty average for a wr.

What i don't understand on the speed and agility stuff if there is literally a combine so the majority of players have detailed numbers so why doesn't madden correlate with real life in that aspect?

39 minutes ago, twfish said:

What i don't understand on the speed and agility stuff if there is literally a combine so the majority of players have detailed numbers so why doesn't madden correlate with real life in that aspect?

They do somewhat. Before the draft on Madden (during the free agency period), they'll show the combine of all the draftees. They have the 40 yard dash, broad and vertical jump, the cone drills, and the bench press. The 40 yard dash and the cone drills will tell you what the speed and agility will eventually be after the draft. The higher you place among your peers at the position, the higher your rating will be. 

Edit: They give actual results to the speed and agility drills (4.35 40 for example) and that will give you a ranking in that category. It also says where that player finishes among everyone in each drill.

37 minutes ago, twfish said:

Here's a very interesting article that explains how Madden ratings are created. The process has probably changed a bit since this was written in 2015, but I'm pretty sure it's basically the same but with more complexity now. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/madden/#

It also goes through the history of sports ratings systems in video games. Quite a good article!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

That's just how things are now. Most people play video games these days, and if the young man wants to be upset about his rating and use it as motivation, then let him do it.

Lol I saw this today. Pittman was obviously overreacting on purpose as to be entertaining. 

• Like 1

But he did get a 99 rating for “cute girlfriend.”

So he has that going for him.  Which is nice. (Caddyshack nod)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol he was "hamming" it up quite a bit. He'll be okay

I know. So was I.....

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2020 at 11:30 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

he’s clearly aware that Madden doesn’t know him... Maybe they credited him for that. 

He's obviously joking around...but if you look at other rookies...seems fair. Lamb and Jeudy are only 75.

Taylor is the one that has a gripe. His testing numbers should have him much higher. The top rookie RBs...in general...should probably be around 80...especially if Mack is an 85.

But rookies can shoot up their ratings in the updates if they play well. Last year...both Deebo and Brown started out around 72 and 71...and ended up at 79 and 80. So Pittman is going to have show up to get a big boost.

• Like 1

Looks like they are on their way to Indy. They are actually driving lol. I guess with the dog that was what they had to do.

16 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like they are on their way to Indy. They are actually driving lol. I guess with the dog that was what they had to do.

What a great way to put some break-in mileage on their new Jeep. 

When I was younger, just loved cross country drives.  Great way to see America especially if you get off the interstate from time to time.

Should be a memorable trip for the kids, hope they document some of it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jmac_48 said:

What a great way to put some break-in mileage on their new Jeep. 

When I was younger, just loved cross country drives.  Great way to see America especially if you get off the interstate from time to time.

Should be a memorable trip for the kids, hope they document some of it.

They should travel Route 66 if they want to see the great sights. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

They should travel Route 66 if they want to see the great sights. 

Must stop, Radiator Springs!

7173668301_5f503ddbf0_b.jpg

Lunch at Flo's V8 cafe, stay a night at the Cozy Cone Motel

c99c4e1bfd1629362da163fbec89900a.jpg

(I think this is actually in Disneyland Cars Land, but I digress...)

• Like 2

Lol at his bit about getting an 85 in catching. "I dropped 5 balls in all of college. That's like 1.25 balls a year."

• Like 1