Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Washington gets a new name Monday..

NewColtsFan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well either we find out in the next day or two or its a few people with bad sources.  There have been a few very recent departures from the team which indicate that something may be wrong in DC:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/12/redskins-fire-two-members-their-football-personnel-department/

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/longtime-voice-of-washington-football-larry-michael-retires

29 minutes ago, unitas2berry said:

I would beg to submit this name for the Washington football team. I think it is a winner. The "Washington Bureaucrats"!!!!! What do ya'll think???

That's pretty good but I could think of a few more but it wouldn't pass the censors. :cheers:

On 7/14/2020 at 10:03 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

I like the Washington Pigskins. That way they retain their nicknames of “the Skins” and “the Hogs”with a natural play on a nickname for a football.  

I prefer the Washington 4 Skins myself.  But I don't think it would pass the censors.

Maybe the the Redskins will do what Prince did and change their name to a symbol that has no word in any language and then the announcers will have to call them the team formerly known as the Redskins.

In all seriousness this is a change that should have been made a while ago, I would not like it if there were a team called the Honkies.  I do hope, however, that they do not go after respectable names such as Chiefs, Seminoles, etc

On 7/13/2020 at 6:59 AM, Myles said:

I think they should announce that they are not going to have a nickname.   They will just be known as Washington.

Just want to toot my own horn for my psychic ability.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Just want to toot my own horn for my psychic ability.  

Could of swore you just had a post the other day in the Cam Newton thread, that said you don't do this?(come back and flaunt being right)

That you like to find other posters that were right on something and give them props?

Went back to find it, but apparently a few post from that thread have been deleted. 

What a difference 2 days make.

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

Could of swore you just had a post the other day in the Cam Newton thread, that said you don't do this?(come back and flaunt being right)

That you like to find other posters that were right on something and give them props?

Went back to find it, but apparently a few post from that thread have been deleted. 

What a difference 2 days make.

Yeah, I did.   I guess I broke my own rule.   In my defense I was speaking of draft picks and how players play.  Also my post was not directed at anyone in a negative way.

8 hours ago, buccolts said:

Shameless attempt to boost jersey sales. 

I actually see a steep drop-off in merch sales for the team. Why buy new jerseys and gear with a temporary name and logo on them that will be different in a year?

21 minutes ago, Shive said:

I actually see a steep drop-off in merch sales for the team. Why buy new jerseys and gear with a temporary name and logo on them that will be different in a year?

That actually makes it attractive to some. Though the economy will effect that income stream regardless.

And I wanted to mention that my comment was meant to be a bit sarcastic, and the system wouldn't allow me to add an emoji for whatever reason.

I wonder if people will buy for collecting it.  

They should open up all remaining Redskins merchandise to be sold for people who want to collect.  Better than just throwing it out into the landfills.  

57 minutes ago, Myles said:

I wonder if people will buy for collecting it.  

They should open up all remaining Redskins merchandise to be sold for people who want to collect.  Better than just throwing it out into the landfills.  

You know they will. You see teams still selling jerseys of players that have been gone for over a year, just because they have the stock. A lot of the diehard fans that aren't happy with the name change will probably jump at the chance to buy up old Redskins gear.

2 hours ago, Shive said:

You know they will. You see teams still selling jerseys of players that have been gone for over a year, just because they have the stock. A lot of the diehard fans that aren't happy with the name change will probably jump at the chance to buy up old Redskins gear.

A lot of old merch ends up in poorer countries overseas as well.

Archived