Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN Ranks the Colts Quenton Nelson, Ryan Kelly Among the NFL’s Top 10 Interior Offensive Linemen

Luck2Hilton4TD

To be very clear about this, I love Nelson, I'm not gonna say I threw a parade over the pick, but I was fine with it, he's obviously been great, and I now have a dog named Quenton but...

It's gonna be kind of fun to see all of those who think he's the second coming of Christ react to the comment about Cam Heyward whooping up on him

18 minutes ago, jlid said:

To be very clear about this, I love Nelson, I'm not gonna say I threw a parade over the pick, but I was fine with it, he's obviously been great, and I now have a dog named Quenton but...

It's gonna be kind of fun to see all of those who think he's the second coming of Christ react to the comment about Cam Heyward whooping up on him

Rose colored glasses!!! 

1 hour ago, jlid said:

No player is perfect.  Nelson has more than held his own over the course of his career.  Also it’s not like Heyward is some bum.  He’s very good at what he does too.  Singling out Nelson’s worst play seems to be the mark of someone who is trying to poke holes in him (and for the record I know you didn’t say it.) Is he the second coming or Christ?  No but until people start saying he’s walking on water and curing the sick I am not going to say people are saying he is.  He is one of the best linemen in football though.  The fact he’s going over 30 straight games without giving up a sack and that the Colts have become very good at running the football speaks to that.  

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No player is perfect.  Nelson has more than held his own over the course of his career.  Also it’s not like Heyward is some bum.  He’s very good at what he does too.  Singling out Nelson’s worst play seems to be the mark of someone who is trying to poke holes in him (and for the record I know you didn’t say it.) Is he the second coming or Christ?  No but until people start saying he’s walking on water and curing the sick I am not going to say people are saying he is.  He is one of the best linemen in football though.  The fact he’s going over 30 straight games without giving up a sack and that the Colts have become very good at running the football speaks to that.  

I was waiting for the first overreaction, particularly to the 2nd coming of Christ part...like I said, I love him, I'm glad we have him, but just look to the best player in football thread for the "nanny nanny boo boo, everyone except me said it was wrong to take an OG 6th" posts.  Me personally I'll admit it, not knowing we would get Leonard in the 2nd, I probably would have taken Roquan Smith, with Nelson as option B, and I would have been wrong.  I just like to poke fun

Just now, jlid said:

I was waiting for the first overreaction

I guess you get to keep waiting, because GoColts8818 didn't overreact at all. His response was spot on, appropriate, and calmly presented. Thanks for the humor.

22 minutes ago, jlid said:

I was waiting for the first overreaction, particularly to the 2nd coming of Christ part...like I said, I love him, I'm glad we have him, but just look to the best player in football thread for the "nanny nanny boo boo, everyone except me said it was wrong to take an OG 6th" posts.  Me personally I'll admit it, not knowing we would get Leonard in the 2nd, I probably would have taken Roquan Smith, with Nelson as option B, and I would have been wrong.  I just like to poke fun

It’s not overaction.  Nelson has turned out to be every bit of the player the Colts thought they were getting at number six.  Also add in all the other players the trade with the Jets to get Nelson brought the Colts beyond nailed that pick.  

Also before you dig in on the forum said it wasn’t right to take a guard that high this is the same forum that ripped Ballard a new one for taking Leonard in the second and declared him a bust before he ever played a game.  

This is also the same fan base that had 50% of their people who wanted RG3 and Leaf over Luck and Manning.  They are also the same people who blew a gasket for taking Edge over Rickey Williams.  Fans opinions are very often wrong when it comes to judging a players value in the draft.  

Cam Heyward is a very good player.  No shame there.  Perhaps Nelson had a bad game?  Perhaps he was slightly injured?  Maybe he had a cold?  We will never know.  But the simple fact that those situations have been so far and few between should tell us all how good of a player Nelson is, eh?

I'm betting there are at minimum 28 other NFL teams that would gladly take him.

16 hours ago, jlid said:

I threw a parade with the pick of Nelson.  That was who I wanted them to take at #3, so getting him at #6 was great.   They also got Smith, Turray, Wilkins and Rock out of that #3 position.   

23 minutes ago, Myles said:

I threw a parade with the pick of Nelson.  That was who I wanted them to take at #3, so getting him at #6 was great.   They also got Smith, Turray, Wilkins and Rock out of that #3 position.   

I did not throw a parade for Nelson or Leonard but knew they were solid picks at that point. Never knew how good they'd become because always felt OL takes time to mature to transition from college to the NFL. Q was far more readier than I anticipated.

Trenches for long term stability made sense, so DL or OL was what I was expecting from Ballard. Leonard, I thought back to the Polian days where he'd get 2nd rounders that were great system fits, so I figured Ballard must have really loved him for our system. That is how I reasoned it out myself.

14 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

cam weighs in.

Cam Heyward just proved a point most of us have been debating back and forth as fans. It is not necessary to diminish player A to prop up player B. Player A and B can co-exist as very good/great players - Q and Cam here, Freeney and Ogden, Peyton and Brady :peek: etc.

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Cam Heyward just proved a point most of us have been debating back and forth as fans. It is not necessary to diminish player A to prop up player B. Player A and B can co-exist as very good/great players - Q and Cam here, Freeney and Ogden, Peyton and Brady :peek: etc.

Most the time the players names don't even matter.

Some guys just get bored and just like trolling to entertain themselves. 

Fine I'm a troll and i was bored...That's the only logical conclusion that can be had from reading the incendiary parts of my posts and not the parts where I talked about how great Nelson is and how I'm glad we have him, and that I was totally wrong for doubting the pick in the first place. Oh yeah, just got done taking Quenton for a walk

1 minute ago, jlid said:

Fine I'm a troll and i was bored...That's the only logical conclusion that can be had from reading the incendiary parts of my posts and not the parts where I talked about how great Nelson is and how glad we have him, and that I was totally wrong for doubting the pick in the first place. Oh yeah, just got done taking Quenton for a walk

Do you feed him pancakes?    That would be a cool favorite snack of his.

18 minutes ago, jlid said:

Fine I'm a troll and i was bored...That's the only logical conclusion that can be had from reading the incendiary parts of my posts and not the parts where I talked about how great Nelson is and how I'm glad we have him, and that I was totally wrong for doubting the pick in the first place. Oh yeah, just got done taking Quenton for a walk

Wasn't referring to you. Haven't seen many of your post. Was referring to a certain other poster.

Edit: and no it wasnt you either Myles.

Archived