Indianapolis Colts

Loved that guy.  I was at his first game in Cleveland.  I remember a Browns fan in back of me saying “he’ll never be any good”.   

• Like 1

My all-time favorite QB! Hell, my all-time favorite football player!!

• Like 1

Never realized how tight his passes were.  Those spirals were a thing of beauty.

2 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Loved him. He could have been one of the greatest if not for all his injuries.

So true.  And Andrew had to quit for the same reason.  Injuries.  Let's hope we never make the mistake again of having poor offensive lines for our QB's. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Always gotta love that sweet spiral from the Ruston Rifle. 

We’ve had some awesome QBs over the years. 

Belichick called him the best pure passer he’s ever seen.

I was a a game when he rolled to his right and fired a laser beam across his body to Raymond Chester across the field. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Loved that guy.  I was at his first game in Cleveland.  I remember a Browns fan in back of me saying “he’ll never be any good”.   

Browns fans..... haha..... enuff said.

• Haha 1

Why am i now seeing a Rivers-style “shotput” throw by Jones?

Never noticed it before.  Jones was my idol growing up and i saw him MANY times in Memorial stadium.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Why am i now seeing a Rivers-style “shotput” throw by Jones?

Never noticed it before.  Jones was my idol growing up and i saw him MANY times in Memorial stadium.

Bert Jones was what made me a Colt fan. I had a family member who went to LSU so I started watching their games. I followed Bert into the NFL and have never wavered on the Colts as my team. 

Needless to say I was beyond ecstatic when they moved to Indy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Bert Jones was what made me a Colt fan. I had a family member who went to LSU so I started watching their games. I followed Bert into the NFL and have never wavered on the Colts as my team. 

Needless to say I was beyond ecstatic when they moved to Indy. 

Bert meant a lot to the Colts and their fandom no doubt. I became a fan when the team moved here in 1984. One thing Bert will always have is, he won League MVP.

• Like 3

I see i am not alone in favorite all time Colt, the reason I became a fan as a 6 year old. Loved his moxie and grit, what an arm remember 1 bomb to Roger Carr vs Buffalo that went for 89 yards.....Had his jersey back when NFL jerseys were very rare, had his Sport Illustrated Poster on my bed room door and have a signed S.I. with him on the cover.....

• Like 4

Bert is and always be my favorite Colts QB and player miss those day's.If not for all the injuries its scary to think what might have been what and arm.Loved that era 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

Belichick called him the best pure passer he’s ever seen.

I was a a game when he rolled to his right and fired a laser beam across his body to Raymond Chester across the field. 

He once through the ball on his knees from the 50 yard line through the goal post 

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Thanks for the memories miss that time and era

My favorite player as a kid. Had his poster on my wall. Would have loved to see him have a longer career and lead the colts back to the big game! Also had a Bert Jones football uniform I played in the backyard on weekends! Great memories!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

About every kid has a boyhood hero, Bert Jones was mine. 

My first hero was Hallie Bryant. Amazing man. http://halliebryant.com/

Second was Walter Payton.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

My first hero was Hallie Bryant. Amazing man. http://halliebryant.com/

Second was Walter Payton.

Eventhough I am a Pacers fan at heart and started watching basketball in the late 70's, my first hero was Magic Johnson. At that time I had never seen a basketball player better than him, not even close the way he could pass, score, rebound, and play all positions. I was only 8 years when he entered the NBA.

Back on topic, it is cool to see how Bert Jones has influenced so many Colts fans lives. I didn't become a Colts fan until they moved here in 1984, so I would say the first player that really stood out to me here was Eric Dickerson in 1987. Bill Brooks was good too but Dickerson was unreal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

Who's Bert Jones?

The most exciting and best throwing QB the Colts have ever had!!

• Like 1

"And he doesnt hesitate to carry the ball".....

These scrambling QBs just cant stay healthy! And I'd imagine both Andrew and Bert were at the low end of scrambled attempts. 

Makes me appreciate Rivers a d even Easons style even more. 

Theres a reason Peyton was rarely injured. 

• Like 1

One of my buddies growing up used to call him Hurt Jones to razz me and get under my skin. It worked. I punched him in the face :D

• Like 1

I was born and raised in Michigan.  Bert Jones was the reason I became a Colts fan (instead of a Lions fan).  So that worked out well!

• Like 2