Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Letter from Irsay to club season ticket holders

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think it is incredibly stupid for high schools to be letting sports resume.  So arrogant.  If my kid played and wasn't likely to get a college scholarship, there is no way I would let him play.  

The IHSA and KHSAA have very strict rules

The TSSAA pushed back the start of the season

16 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The IHSA and KHSAA have very strict rules

The TSSAA pushed back the start of the season

They shouldn't be practicing.    The morning news today was showing the area high school practices.  Not many masks worn and not enough social distances.   

What I see is that this spring, everything was cancelled.   Now, even though the spread is worse, they are starting up again.  Besides putting kids in danger.  

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Myles said:

They shouldn't be practicing.    The morning news today was showing the area high school practices.  Not many masks worn and not enough social distances.   

What I see is that this spring, everything was cancelled.   Now, even though the spread is worse, they are staring up again.  Besides putting kids in danger.  

I agree but the IHSAA and IDOE are keeping school and sport schedules normal

Football only has 4 weeks to scrimmage and there is even least practice for a few other sports

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I think it is incredibly stupid for high schools to be letting sports resume.  So arrogant.  If my kid played and wasn't likely to get a college scholarship, there is no way I would let him play.  

My kid was in the middle of his first travel baseball season when this all hit.  When they started back up I told his coach that is wasn't worth the risk for so I pulled him out.  I just didn't understand how kid's sports could start back up when professional sports couldn't.  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I agree but the IHSAA and IDOE are keeping school and sport schedules normal

Football only has 4 weeks to scrimmage and there is even least practice for a few other sports

Yeah, I wonder if IHSAA will re-think after the Fishers and Terre Haute incidents, especially for contact sports like football and basketball. It is not like they have the funding and resources like college and professional sports for constant testing and treatment. Tennis, volleyball, baseball, one might get away with less contact if they send kids home and ensuring no locker room congregations.

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, I wonder if IHSAA will re-think after the Fishers and Terre Haute incidents, especially for contact sports like football and basketball. It is not like they have the funding and resources like college and professional sports for constant testing and treatment. Tennis, volleyball, baseball, one might get away with less contact if they send kids home and ensuring no locker room congregations.

I can see Tennis.   Volleyball is allot of contact.    I just spoke with a coworker.   She has a nephew playing travel baseball.  They've had games in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Illinois.  That seems crazy in these times.  

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Myles said:

I can see Tennis.   Volleyball is allot of contact.    I just spoke with a coworker.   She has a nephew playing travel baseball.  They've had games in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Illinois.  That seems crazy in these times.  

Evansville just hosted a national SB tournament 

Golf, Cross County can be played

• Like 1
On 7/10/2020 at 6:18 PM, deedub75 said:

They would have to limit entry to the original purchaser then and check ID upon entry.  People wouldn't be able to give their tickets away either.  I believe they will be having electronic tickets only anyway.  

I will happily opt out of my tickets for a refund so others can go if they wish!

Same

20 hours ago, Myles said:

Baseball, they still hang out in the dugout, not sure how they can accommodate social distancing there? I know of some friends whose son still plays baseball and are traveling.

• Like 1

Green Bay Packers will have no fans at their preseason games but I still believe there won’t be any preseason games. 

Philadelphia says no large mass gatherings until next year. 

On 7/14/2020 at 8:03 AM, chad72 said:

Baseball, they still hang out in the dugout, not sure how they can accommodate social distancing there? I know of some friends whose son still plays baseball and are traveling.

For whatever it’s worth...

Here on So Cal, the Dodgers are working out at their stadiums playing intersquad games.  And the players are wearing masks most of the times.   Some are not wearing them during at-bats.

But in the dugouts, most everyone IS wearing a mask.   Also, the dugout now appears somewhat chopped up with clear plastic dividers to keep too many players from gathering close together.  I suspect other steps are being taken, I’m just sharing what I’ve noticed in the first few games I’ve seen... 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For whatever it’s worth...

Here on So Cal, the Dodgers are working out at their stadiums playing intersquad games.  And the players are wearing masks most of the times.   Some are not wearing them during at-bats.

But in the dugouts, most everyone IS wearing a mask.   Also, the dugout now appears somewhat chopped up with clear plastic dividers to keep too many players from gathering close together.  I suspect other steps are being taken, I’m just sharing what I’ve noticed in the first few games I’ve seen... 

Most HS and college’s can’t do that

40 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Most HS and college’s can’t do that

Huh?

What can’t they do?    What did I list that they can’t do?

Even the plastic dividers likely only cost a few bucks.    What issue are we talking about?

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

What can’t they do?    What did I list that they can’t do?

Even the plastic dividers likely only cost a few bucks.    What issue are we talking about?

Dugout size

1 hour ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I had individual game tickets through Tickemaster and got an email today from Ticketmaster saying my tickets were cancelled and a refund was being processed.

Wow!  That’s good to know. 

Players are getting ready to report. They have to report even though they haven’t come to a agreement yet on playing protocols. Seen Eason and Pittman are in their way.

Here’s an email I got today regarding my club seat tickets. A few things stood out to me:

-No more than 25% capacity.
-They are deferring 2020 club seat agreements to the 2021 season. I do not like this at all as 2020 was the last year of my agreement for club seats and I was not going to renew. I was going to move outside of the club due to the costs. 
-Looks like club season ticket holders will be given priority. 

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we adjust and plan for this unprecedented season.

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 health emergency, we recently announced that we will have a reduced capacity at Lucas Oil Stadium for the 2020 season. The health and safety of our fans, players and staff is our top priority, so our seating plan will be in compliance with state and local regulations, as well as CDC social distancing guidelines. As a result, we anticipate being able to seat no more than approximately 25 percent of Lucas Oil Stadium's capacity for games in 2020.

Because we can't commit to exact seat locations for all our club season ticket members, we have determined that the most fair approach for our club season ticket members is to defer your 2020 Club Seat Agreements to the 2021 season. That means 2020 will not be considered a term year under the agreements, and we will extend their expiration dates by one year. In addition, we have developed the following options for you for the 2020 season:

Any payments made toward the 2020 season will be automatically rolled over to the 2021 season. No additional action is required;

You will receive priority access based on seniority to secure one of two available half-season plans for 2020. Plan A will include our games against Minnesota, Baltimore, Tennessee and Houston. Plan B will include our games against the New York Jets, Cincinnati, Green Bay and Jacksonville;

You have the ability to either pay separately or use your credit from any payments made for the 2020 season to purchase your half-season plan, if you choose; and

You will be mailed your 2020 Season Ticket Membership box including your exclusive gift and account ID card to show for your pro shop discount.

If you instead wish to receive a full refund for any payments made, please click here to make your request by August 7, 2020. Opting to receive a refund will not affect your ability to participate in our club season ticket member on-sale.

For those accounts that wish to take part in our club season ticket member on-sale - which we anticipate will take place in mid-August - we currently cannot guarantee a particular half-season plan or seat location in 2020. Due to the limited inventory in our club sections, all club season ticket members will have two opportunities to secure a half-season plan.

First, club inventory only will be made available in an exclusive club season ticket member on-sale. Second, all club season ticket members will receive access to a second on-sale with our general admission accounts for inventory available outside of the club sections, based on seniority. All on-sales will take place through Account Manager and we will provide additional instructions via email, including timing and availability, in the near future.

In addition, all season ticket members will receive access to purchase tickets to any home preseason game for the 2020 season. Our on-sale for the preseason will take place in early August and information on how to secure your tickets will be sent via email.

Finally, a number of you have reached out asking about options to purchase suites for individual games that would allow you to entertain guests in a safe and private space. We will have limited suite availability with reduced capacity for all home games. If you are interested in leasing a suite for a game, or multiple games, please click here to access our suite request form and a member of our premium team will contact you.

If you have any questions, please contact your account representative directly or our premium department at premiumservice@colts.nfl.net or 317-808-5384.

We truly appreciate your continued support.

Go Colts!

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just glad there will be fans. No fans would of made it weird. There really is no reason for stadiums to have no fans. 

I watch a Cubs a game the other night and a Lakers pre-season game last night and it seemed normal with no fans there. I would rather have fans but the piped in noise and atmosphere was pretty cool the way those league's have it set up. I couldn't tell much of a difference which shocked me.

• Like 2

They have a deal. Camps will open on Tuesday.

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I watch a Cubs a game the other night and a Lakers pre-season game last night and it seemed normal with no fans there. I would rather have fans but the piped in noise and atmosphere was pretty cool the way those league's have it set up. I couldn't tell much of a difference which shocked me.

I saw part of a broadcast where they digitally had fans in the stands. I thought that was pretty cool.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They have a deal. Camps will open on Tuesday.

I saw part of a broadcast where they digitally had fans in the stands. I thought that was pretty cool.

Yeah when ever someone is at bat, the regular PA announcer announces it and the piped in fans cheer. Basketball was the same when someone scored. They even showed cheerleaders on the jumbo tron.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, deedub75 said:

Here’s an email I got today regarding my club seat tickets. A few things stood out to me:

-No more than 25% capacity.
-They are deferring 2020 club seat agreements to the 2021 season. I do not like this at all as 2020 was the last year of my agreement for club seats and I was not going to renew. I was going to move outside of the club due to the costs. 
-Looks like club season ticket holders will be given priority. 

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we adjust and plan for this unprecedented season.

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 health emergency, we recently announced that we will have a reduced capacity at Lucas Oil Stadium for the 2020 season. The health and safety of our fans, players and staff is our top priority, so our seating plan will be in compliance with state and local regulations, as well as CDC social distancing guidelines. As a result, we anticipate being able to seat no more than approximately 25 percent of Lucas Oil Stadium's capacity for games in 2020.

Because we can't commit to exact seat locations for all our club season ticket members, we have determined that the most fair approach for our club season ticket members is to defer your 2020 Club Seat Agreements to the 2021 season. That means 2020 will not be considered a term year under the agreements, and we will extend their expiration dates by one year. In addition, we have developed the following options for you for the 2020 season:

Any payments made toward the 2020 season will be automatically rolled over to the 2021 season. No additional action is required;

You will receive priority access based on seniority to secure one of two available half-season plans for 2020. Plan A will include our games against Minnesota, Baltimore, Tennessee and Houston. Plan B will include our games against the New York Jets, Cincinnati, Green Bay and Jacksonville;

You have the ability to either pay separately or use your credit from any payments made for the 2020 season to purchase your half-season plan, if you choose; and

You will be mailed your 2020 Season Ticket Membership box including your exclusive gift and account ID card to show for your pro shop discount.

If you instead wish to receive a full refund for any payments made, please click here to make your request by August 7, 2020. Opting to receive a refund will not affect your ability to participate in our club season ticket member on-sale.

For those accounts that wish to take part in our club season ticket member on-sale - which we anticipate will take place in mid-August - we currently cannot guarantee a particular half-season plan or seat location in 2020. Due to the limited inventory in our club sections, all club season ticket members will have two opportunities to secure a half-season plan.

First, club inventory only will be made available in an exclusive club season ticket member on-sale. Second, all club season ticket members will receive access to a second on-sale with our general admission accounts for inventory available outside of the club sections, based on seniority. All on-sales will take place through Account Manager and we will provide additional instructions via email, including timing and availability, in the near future.

In addition, all season ticket members will receive access to purchase tickets to any home preseason game for the 2020 season. Our on-sale for the preseason will take place in early August and information on how to secure your tickets will be sent via email.

Finally, a number of you have reached out asking about options to purchase suites for individual games that would allow you to entertain guests in a safe and private space. We will have limited suite availability with reduced capacity for all home games. If you are interested in leasing a suite for a game, or multiple games, please click here to access our suite request form and a member of our premium team will contact you.

If you have any questions, please contact your account representative directly or our premium department at premiumservice@colts.nfl.net or 317-808-5384.

We truly appreciate your continued support.

Go Colts!

What is the club season tickets anyway? I always been curious

18 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

What is the club season tickets anyway? I always been curious

https://www.colts.com/tickets/premium-seating/club-seats/

The seats are in between the 25 yard lines.  You get a comfortable cushioned seat and there's a really nice lounge that only people with club tickets can enter.  You get more food choices, etc.  It's really nice. 

I've had these seats in the club area for about 6 years now and they require a 3 or 5 year contact.  My contract would have been up this year and I wasn't going to renew.  I was previous like one section outside of the club area and I always wanted to be in there.  The ticket prices in the club are about double what they were when I was just once section over.  When I renewed my contract 5 years ago, I added a couple of seats because we more children so I've been paying fo 5 seats.  I love sitting in the club section but the price was just getting too high for me.  

28 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

https://www.colts.com/tickets/premium-seating/club-seats/

The seats are in between the 25 yard lines.  You get a comfortable cushioned seat and there's a really nice lounge that only people with club tickets can enter.  You get more food choices, etc.  It's really nice. 

I've had these seats in the club area for about 6 years now and they require a 3 or 5 year contact.  My contract would have been up this year and I wasn't going to renew.  I was previous like one section outside of the club area and I always wanted to be in there.  The ticket prices in the club are about double what they were when I was just once section over.  When I renewed my contract 5 years ago, I added a couple of seats because we more children so I've been paying fo 5 seats.  I love sitting in the club section but the price was just getting too high for me.  

Ah that makes sense. This is my first year as any season ticket holder so I was curious, I am up in the 400's for games. Maybe in a few year I may try

As far as season ticket holders go, I commend everyone that has been one for years and admire your dedication to be in the stands and spending big money. Having said that, I never wanted to be one. I was one that would go to 2 or 3 games a year and just enjoy those Sundays without spending huge money. I have been to an estimated 50 games or so. Special games I went to was in 1999 vs Dallas - we won (Marv burns Deion), 2009 Patriots Sunday night comeback (Peyton to Reggie for the win after being down 34-14), last game I went to was in 2013 (Luck destroys Houston 25-3). A lot of great of memories but I never once considered season tickets. I do miss my meals at St Elmo and the 3 guys I used to go to games with 2 or 3 times a year, that was a part of those Sundays. We would drink a crap load of beer, meet all kinds of people pre-game, and we never lost at home lmao .

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As far as season ticket holders go, I commend everyone that has been one for years and admire your dedication to be in the stands and spending big money. Having said that, I never wanted to be one. I was one that would go to 2 or 3 games a year and just enjoy those Sundays without spending huge money. I have been to an estimated 50 games or so. Special games I went to was in 1999 vs Dallas - we won (Marv burns Deion), 2009 Patriots Sunday night comeback (Peyton to Reggie for the win after being down 34-14), last game I went to was in 2013 (Luck destroys Houston 25-3). A lot of great of memories but I never once considered season tickets. I do miss my meals at St Elmo and the 3 guys I used to go to games with 2 or 3 times a year, that was a part of those Sundays. We would drink a crap load of beer, meet all kinds of people pre-game, and we never lost at home lmao .

When Peyton was here, season tickets were a very good investment.  I could easily sell tickets for more that face value to games that I wasn't able to attend or games I just didn't want to attend.  For big games against the Patriots, Steelers, or Cowboys I could get nearly double the face value.  I didn't get season tickets to sell them but I could sell a few tickets to help pay for part of the season if I wanted to.  Since Peyton left, tickets have been harder to sell.  Over that last couple of seasons, I've had health issues so I sold more of the tickets. 

• Like 1