Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AV moving

csmopar

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Belichick is on the phone with him as we speak :banana:

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Personally not a fan of a wall full of animal heads. 

Agreed.  Making up for lacking in other areas....

A picture on a wall after taking them “down” with a tranquilizer would suffice i’d think.  Or how about just a pic itself?

These are the same guys who hung “trophy”  panties on their bedroom wall in college.  (Panties THEY bought themselves at Kmart no doubt. Haha)

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Personally not a fan of a wall full of animal heads. 

A customer of mine , a woman, owned a hoagie shop locally.  A well-known establishment that had success for 50 + years.  The owner died , and left business to his MUCH younger wife.  She proceeded to travel the world shooting everything in site.  Soon, the restaurant wall were covered with pictures of her smiling face next to DEAD big, beautiful animals.  Lions, Tigers, bears (oh my! Haha), deer and elk of all types, etc, etc, etc.  Beautiful animals, dead for no other reason than to hang on a wall.:  Many are shot in enclosed areas with high power , from a distance.

Well, business fell off the face of the earth and she eventually sold.

Karma!

I always say “impress me, hunt with a bowie knife, or stay on the couch.”

I just don’t “get it.”

31 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

A customer of mine , a woman, owned a hoagie shop locally.  A well-known establishment that had success for 50 + years.  The owner died , and left business to his MUCH younger wife.  She proceeded to travel the world shooting everything in site.  Soon, the restaurant wall were covered with pictures of her smiling face next to DEAD big, beautiful animals.  Lions, Tigers, bears (oh my! Haha), deer and elk of all types, etc, etc, etc.  Beautiful animals, dead for no other reason than to hang on a wall.:  Many are shot in enclosed areas with high power , from a distance.

Karma!

I just don’t “get it.”

It's obvious you don't know much about hunting, here, or in other parts of the world. Not all hunters, but most are conversationalist. And rarely is meat wasted. Even in safari hunts in Africa, rarely does anything go to waste. Meat is normally dressed and prepped immediately, and either eaten at the camp, on the reserve by locals, or sent to market. So it's not for no other reason. And while I'm sure that some hunts are "lazy", most are active "stalk". And even in lazy hunts, the meat is not wasted. 

It's hilarious how most folks will pearl clutch at hunting, yet order their fast food chicken sandwich or hamburger which is made from animals that never had a chance to run wild. I guess mass systemic killing is better than rifle or bow? And most don't have a clue that hunting is needed for population control in many areas. As long as the animal is not endangered, and as long as there is no waste, folks shouldn't have an issue. If they do, they need to go vegan or loosen up on their pearls.

How'd you all figure out that no one ate the meat from those animals from that picture? 

It's funny how people like to bash hunters when they fund much of the wildlife here in the states, contribute to economies around the world, and feed many poor in the areas they hunt.  

29 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

How'd you all figure out that no one ate the meat from those animals from that picture? 

It's funny how people like to bash hunters when they fund much of the wildlife here in the states, contribute to economies around the world, and feed many poor in the areas they hunt.  

Seriously?   If that’s all hunters did, you wouldn’t have all the bashing of them that there is.....

Come on now....

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seriously?   If that’s all hunters did, you wouldn’t have all the bashing of them that there is.....

Come on now...

There's good and bad in every crowd. Whether people be classified by hobby, sport, activism, race, religion,...you name it. There are good and bad in each of them. But if youd like to support the bashing of an entire group of people rather than only the individual perpetrators then you all are more than welcome to enjoy the view from your imaginary moral high ground. 

5 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Agreed.  Making up for lacking in other areas....

A picture on a wall after taking them “down” with a tranquilizer would suffice i’d think.  Or how about just a pic itself?

These are the same guys who hung “trophy”  panties on their bedroom wall in college.  (Panties THEY bought themselves at Kmart no doubt. Haha)

Haha this is some of the stupidest crap I have ever heard!!!!!!

So I live in Wyoming, where there is more deer than people. A bullet through the vitals is a much much more humane death for these creatures that than what the wilderness will give them which is very rarely a death by old age. They usually die of starvation, or at the mouth of another predator. Hunting not only puts food on the table for the hunters but keeps  population down for these animals that will already have a tough time finding food come winter.

6 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Karma!

I just don’t “get it.”

I'd rather just hunt what I eat. I don't care for sport hunting. 

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I'd rather just hunt what I eat. I don't care for sport hunting. 

25 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

So I live in Wyoming, where there is more deer than people. A bullet through the vitals is a much much more humane death for these creatures that than what the wilderness will give them which is very rarely a death by old age. They usually die of starvation, or at the mouth of another predator. Hunting not only puts food on the table for the hunters but keeps  population down for these animals that will already have a tough time finding food come winter.

I have no problem with this at all. There are controlled hunts right here in Indiana. Without those hunts there would be a lot of deer starving. (not to mention more accidents with deer being hit by vehicles)  

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

It's obvious you don't know much about hunting, here, or in other parts of the world. Not all hunters, but most are conversationalist.

Yes, a lot of hunters like to talk about their exploits therefore they are conversationalist. Some are even conservationists.

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

And rarely is meat wasted. Even in safari hunts in Africa, rarely does anything go to waste.

And most don't have a clue that hunting is needed for population control in many areas.

8 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

Ok, but AV isn't flying to Africa to get meat for his dinner table or to help those communities with controlling the population of certain animals.  He's doing it just to kill something he can't kill at home.

And that's stupid.

Hunting for food is one thing, and I understand population control is a good reason as well, but flying to another continent to kill an animal for fun is messed up.

10 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

There's good and bad in every crowd. Whether people be classified by hobby, sport, activism, race, religion,...you name it. There are good and bad in each of them. But if youd like to support the bashing of an entire group of people rather than only the individual perpetrators then you all are more than welcome to enjoy the view from your imaginary moral high ground. 

I agree there’s good and bad in every crowd.   And then you listed the good hunters did and criticized people who don’t like hunters as if they don’t do anything wrong.  You made hunters seem pure and innocent.   I challenged that.  Then you attacked me for being on MY moral high ground?!?    

This is known as the Pot calling the Kettle. 

Again...   come on now. 

Adams house is in a part of Carmel that has had problems with the Lucas Estate (also in carmel).  The Lucas hold a lot of events for pay.  It's like a full on event venue.

He's remonstrated against it as have a lot of his neighbors. He said they cannot sit outside without having to deal with whatever music the event plays.

The city has tried to get the Lucas to stop running a business in a residential area but, they keep doing it.

I'm not surprised he is moving to Zionsville.  He can afford it and it is adorable

• Nadine locked this topic

Archived