Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Forum Elite League 2020 Season


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I realize you have to go through the Joe's league to get to this league, but from the fantasy advice I give every year and how good I am in general at fantasy football, I believe I would be qualified to join this league without winning the Joe's league. It's completely up to you, but I will join if you need an extra person at the last second. Just let me know. I understand either way.

 

I believe in democracy and it is in fact completely up to my league members. I know your prowess and personally wouldn't mind having you at all, that is my stance on it. Will wait for my other league members to chime in.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had to remove some posts that had gone way off topic and turned into personal bickering. Let's try and keep this topic just to league matters and keep it civil please.    On that note t

So, for the past several years, I've came here and made a post about how I am going to regain my supremacy in this league this year and once again be on top. Every year that I have done this my team h

Thanks for the endorsement, Juan. I went ahead and randomized it 3 times, and this was the draft order (not a fan of my spot, got CMC at #3 last year):   @Virtuoso80 @Btown_Colt @o

Posted Images

Just now, chad72 said:

 

I believe in democracy and it is in fact completely up to my league members. I know your prowess and personally wouldn't mind having you at all, that is my stance on it. Will wait for my other league members to chime in.

Fair enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to give you guys a little insight on why you should let me join. I'm a workhorse in fantasy. I put a lot of work in my craft. I will have the best draft 90+% of the time and use crazy strategies you never even thought of. I'm very active on the waivers. In last years league with my best friends, I had 141 waiver pickups throughout the season. I will be willing to pick up or drop anyone at any time to gain an advantage.

 

I'm not a homer in the draft, I don't care if the Colts are my team or if the Pats are my enemy, if I like a player, I will pick them and even use them against the Colts if needed and root for that player to destroy the Colts. That's how loyal I am to my team and fantasy compared to real life.

 

I love to trade, and will do anything to gain an edge. I will combine draft day strategies with trade opportunities when needed and always come out on top. I may not win the league in my first year, but you'll remember me right away and the impact I made and hopefully use my strategies in other leagues.

 

Just remember, a lot of you ask for fantasy help, and this is the guy who was giving the elites that help! :)

 

Hope you accept me in the league and give me a chance, and we'll make it a fun year and I'll give the league my full effort and the respect it deserves! Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Thoughts??

 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I realize you have to go through the Joe's league to get to this league, but from the fantasy advice I give every year and how good I am in general at fantasy football, I believe I would be qualified to join this league without winning the Joe's league.

 

I know we went through this last year, but just wanted to chime in again.

 

Please follow the ranking at the bottom of the Elite league and top of the Joe League to determine the members.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

What is the best course of action here? Do I let back @Valpo2004 into the Elite league since he placed at 11th in the elite league for 1 slot and go after the 5th place user in the Joe's league for the 2nd slot to continue having 12 teams?

 

If the other winner from last years' Joe league doesn't respond today, I would allow @Valpo2004 back into the Elite league.

 

That would create an opening in the Joe league for anyone wanting to join in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I know we went through this last year, but just wanted to chime in again.

 

Please follow the ranking at the bottom of the Elite league and top of the Joe League to determine the members.

 

I remember very well your opinions from last year. :)  I am going to give more credibility and power to the voices inside the league as they stand now:

 

@Virtuoso80

@Juanjo

@Btown_Colt

@IndyD4U

@Bluefire4

@spoonfish

@onebad150

@Chucklez

@Korey

 

When only 1 out of the Top 4 has responded/is available at the top of the Joe's League, I have to make it known to everyone, which is what I did. 

 

With the bottom 2 moving to Joe's league (@Valpo2004 and @SteelCityColt), plus @Rich Cannon not returning, that made it 3 vacancies. 1 vacancy has been filled by @Korey. 2 more vacancies remain as it stands. 

 

We will see what my peeps say for the 2 vacancies - if they are fine with @Valpo2004

 back in, which I am fine with. We will still have 1 more vacancy. Maybe draw random lots for the last one?? :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

 

I believe in democracy and it is in fact completely up to my league members. I know your prowess and personally wouldn't mind having you at all, that is my stance on it. Will wait for my other league members to chime in.


Not that I have a voice anymore, but it would grossly unfair to allow direct admission to the Elite league. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

I'm perfectly fine with @Valpo2004 moving back into the elite league. Random draw for last spot makes the most sense to me


Random draw from whom? Can I ask why he would be allowed back into the Elite but I wouldn’t? 
 

Happy to take my licks and play out in the Joes league, but not if the process is being changed. Can’t have one rule for one and another for others. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Random draw from the Joe League?

 

You could also let @SteelCityColt back in as well.  :thmup:


I mean if you’re establishing the precedent with Valpo then yes it would only be fair. The fact that it seems that has been considered for one place but not that other is interesting to say the least. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

@SteelCityColt @Lucky Colts Fan Let me retract that after I fully read it. :D

 

If we have two vacancies then we should allow both Valpo and SteelCityColt back into the Elite league

 

My reading comprehension really goes down hill on Fridays


Sorry my original response probably came off as aggressive which really wasn’t my intention. 
 

Totally with you on reading comprehension being linked to the day of the week!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:


Random draw from whom? Can I ask why he would be allowed back into the Elite but I wouldn’t? 
 

Happy to take my licks and play out in the Joes league, but not if the process is being changed. Can’t have one rule for one and another for others. 

 

The random draw was probably meant as a joke if we can't come to a consensus. Tangible options definitely come first. @Valpo2004 finished ahead of you and in the order of things, and if there was only 1 vacancy, he would get priority of the folks being allowed back in if that is the path we wish to take. However, since there are 2 more vacancies, here we are. 

 

If we don't have people coming forward from the Top 4 in the Joe's league, I am all for letting @Valpo2004 and @SteelCityColt  back in since I fancy the quality of players from the horses I know will be good ones. 

 

Every year, people not responding puts the commish in a difficult place, good to talk it out and decide. Like I said, democracy always wins if followed right. We are 2 weeks from the draft and I wanted to at least put to bed the list of participants. :) 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:


Sorry my original response probably came off as aggressive which really wasn’t my intention. 
 

Totally with you on reading comprehension being linked to the day of the week!

 

Thank you!!! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

The random draw was probably meant as a joke if we can't come to a consensus. Tangible options definitely come first.

 

If we don't have people coming forward from the Top 4 in the Joe's league, I am all for letting @Valpo2004 and @SteelCityColt since I fancy the quality of players from the horses I know will be good ones. 

 

Every year, people not responding puts the commish in a difficult place, good to talk it out and decide. Like I said, democracy always wins if followed right. We are 2 weeks from the draft and I wanted to at least put to bed the list of participants. :) 

 

I agree, and I do appreciate it's a thankless job sometimes. 

 

Just in case.. when is the draft? 

Just now, chad72 said:

 

Thank you!!! 

 

One of those you post it, read it back, read it again, and think oops...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SteelCityColt said:

 

I agree, and I do appreciate it's a thankless job sometimes. 

 

Just in case.. when is the draft? 

 

One of those you post it, read it back, read it again, and think oops...

 

September 3rd, 6 pm ET, to accommodate folks in Europe. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Just to give you guys a little insight on why you should let me join. I'm a workhorse in fantasy. I put a lot of work in my craft. I will have the best draft 90+% of the time and use crazy strategies you never even thought of. I'm very active on the waivers. In last years league with my best friends, I had 141 waiver pickups throughout the season. I will be willing to pick up or drop anyone at any time to gain an advantage.

 

I'm not a homer in the draft, I don't care if the Colts are my team or if the Pats are my enemy, if I like a player, I will pick them and even use them against the Colts if needed and root for that player to destroy the Colts. That's how loyal I am to my team and fantasy compared to real life.

 

I love to trade, and will do anything to gain an edge. I will combine draft day strategies with trade opportunities when needed and always come out on top. I may not win the league in my first year, but you'll remember me right away and the impact I made and hopefully use my strategies in other leagues.

 

Just remember, a lot of you ask for fantasy help, and this is the guy who was giving the elites that help! :)

 

Hope you accept me in the league and give me a chance, and we'll make it a fun year and I'll give the league my full effort and the respect it deserves! Thanks!

I use a different approach and have won my yahoo league 2 years in a row = 2018 and 2019. It is a 12 man league so it is real competitive and tough to win. I have been playing in that league since 2015 so it took me 3 years to get it down. I just draft very well and stick with the players I draft and don't do any trades, I do pick up a few players/different D's here and there but it is rare. It is mainly if my Defense is on a bye or my kicker is. 

 

Having said that I have been lucky the last 2 years because my main players have stayed healthy and I had Luck in 2018 and Jackson last year so it helps having close to the best QB in the league 2 years in a row. I feel good about the 3-Peat if we play. So far I am not sure the regulars want to play, I haven't heard anything yet. Normally we do our draft in person at a bar somewhere a week before the season but with Covid-19 I don't see that happening.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I use a different approach and have won my yahoo league 2 years in a row = 2018 and 2019. It is a 12 man league so it is real competitive and tough to win. I have been playing in that league since 2015 so it took me 3 years to get it down. I just draft very well and stick with the players I draft and don't do any trades, I do pick up a few players/different D's here and there but it is rare. It is mainly if my Defense is on a bye or my kicker is. 

 

Having said that I have been lucky the last 2 years because my main players have stayed healthy and I had Luck in 2018 and Jackson last year so it helps having close to the best QB in the league 2 years in a row. I feel good about the 3-Peat if we play. So far I am not sure the regulars want to play, I haven't heard anything yet. Normally we do our draft in person at a bar somewhere a week before the season but with Covid-19 I don't see that happening.

I love 12 man leagues, not everyone has a good team in those leagues. I will sometimes do 16 team leagues as well. The strategy you use can work if you hit on your players in the draft, if you miss on a bunch of picks, then you should use the waiver wire to your advantage. It definitely takes a little luck to win a league, but with a great draft, you can win half the battle. Good job winning your league twice in a row and I hope you can play this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I love 12 man leagues, not everyone has a good team in those leagues. I will sometimes do 16 team leagues as well. The strategy you use can work if you hit on your players in the draft, if you miss on a bunch of picks, then you should use the waiver wire to your advantage. It definitely takes a little luck to win a league, but with a great draft, you can win half the battle. Good job winning your league twice in a row and I hope you can play this year.

I agree winning it once was tough, Jackson is why I won last year, Statistically he just tore it up. I also had Henry as my RB lol. My drafting is an A but my players have stayed healthy so that is pure luck I admit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I love 12 man leagues, not everyone has a good team in those leagues. I will sometimes do 16 team leagues as well. The strategy you use can work if you hit on your players in the draft, if you miss on a bunch of picks, then you should use the waiver wire to your advantage. It definitely takes a little luck to win a league, but with a great draft, you can win half the battle. Good job winning your league twice in a row and I hope you can play this year.

 

My big money league is a 3-keeper 12-team STD scoring. Keeper leagues are a lot of fun. I am going to join a Dynasty at some point as well.

 

I joined that league two years ago...and won the belt both years (big wrestling theme in the league where everyone is a wrestler). First year...I dominated and won the regular season as well...but last year...I lost Adams for most of the season and AB was a wasted keeper...but I snuck into the playoffs just in time for my team to hit its stride.

 

Going for the first ever threepeat in the league that's been around for 20 years or so. Going to really need some waiver wire luck...and a couple of generous trade partners...because my depth is weak.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I love 12 man leagues, not everyone has a good team in those leagues. I will sometimes do 16 team leagues as well. The strategy you use can work if you hit on your players in the draft, if you miss on a bunch of picks, then you should use the waiver wire to your advantage. It definitely takes a little luck to win a league, but with a great draft, you can win half the battle. Good job winning your league twice in a row and I hope you can play this year.

 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree winning it once was tough, Jackson is why I won last year, Statistically he just tore it up. I also had Henry as my RB lol. My drafting is an A but my players have stayed healthy so that is pure luck I admit.

Winning in a 12 team league depends on injuries. You can have a great draft but a couple of injuries can kill you. A couple of years ago in Joes league I lost my first three picks in the draft to injury and went from first way down the line fast. I lost my #1 overall pick before halftime in game one. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

 

Winning in a 12 team league depends on injuries. You can have a great draft but a couple of injuries can kill you. A couple of years ago in Joes league I lost my first three picks in the draft to injury and went from first way down the line fast. I lost my #1 overall pick before halftime in game one. 

 

Was that David Johnson or Leveon Bell?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

 

Winning in a 12 team league depends on injuries. You can have a great draft but a couple of injuries can kill you. A couple of years ago in Joes league I lost my first three picks in the draft to injury and went from first way down the line fast. I lost my #1 overall pick before halftime in game one. 

 

Yeah usually we have 3 or 4 guys that just give up too about midway through because they have a bad record and are playing for the toilet bowl title at that point lol. My league still usually has around 8 competitive guys. The first 3 years I played in it from 2015-2017 I had injury problems to some of main players so I feel ya. I got lucky in 2018 choosing Luck too because he stayed healthy and threw for 39 TD's. Health is critical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Johnson.

Plus the waiver wire rules prevented me from picking any decent players to replace him.

That sucks. I guess you couldn't drop him until after Monday night, so technically you were battling with everyone else. Really unfortunate luck there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Johnson.

Plus the waiver wire rules prevented me from picking any decent players to replace him.

That is bad luck. This season if I play in my league I am not sure who I am choosing for my QB, RB or #1 WR depending on who is available. in 2018 I also had Hopkins, it was like the Luck to Hopkins connection. I have just been real lucky the last 2 years but have guessed right on the drafting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That sucks. I guess you couldn't drop him until after Monday night, so technically you were battling with everyone else. Really unfortunate luck there.

Yeah, it's a big part of the game. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That sucks. I guess you couldn't drop him until after Monday night, so technically you were battling with everyone else. Really unfortunate luck there.

Originally Joe's league started out as a keeper league but a new Commish come in and changed things. 

Personally I prefer a keeper league. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Originally Joe's league started out as a keeper league but a new Commish come in and changed things. 

Personally I prefer a keeper league. 

Generally, with friends and people I've known for a long time, I do too. We are a pretty tight-knitted group on here, regardless if we don't agree 100% of the time, so it should be a keeper league in our Colts leagues. It rewards you for your hard work the previous year if you drafted, traded for, or picked up the right guys.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Generally, with friends and people I've known for a long time, I do too. We are a pretty tight-knitted group on here, regardless if we don't agree 100% of the time, so it should be a keeper league in our Colts leagues. It rewards you for your hard work the previous year if you drafted, traded for, or picked up the right guys.

In the leagues you play in what does the QB get for a TD pass, 4 or 6 points? In mine it is 6 so the QB is real valuable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In the leagues you play in what does the QB get for a TD pass, 4 or 6 points? In mine it is 6 so the QB is real valuable. 

I've done both, but I prefer 4. 6 makes the QBs go a lot quicker in the draft, and it tends to make them broken during the year. They already touch the ball more than anyone else, so I prefer not to overpower them. 4 for a passing td and 6 for a rushing td has the dimension that you can draft a running QB and get rewarded while 6 for a passing QB means there is no difference between the two.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've done both, but I prefer 4. 6 makes the QBs go a lot quicker in the draft, and it tends to make them broken during the year. They already touch the ball more than anyone else, so I prefer not to overpower them. 4 for a passing td and 6 for a rushing td has the dimension that you can draft a running QB and get rewarded while 6 for a passing QB means there is no difference between the two.

Yeah it is 6 and 6 in my league for passing and running TD's. I have benefited from it actually the last 2 years. QB's still aren't normally chosen until round 3 in my league with the exception of maybe a couple like Rodgers and Mahomes last year have been picked. I was able to get Luck in round 4 in 2018 and Jackson in round 3 last year. Henry was my 1st choice last year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Originally Joe's league started out as a keeper league but a new Commish come in and changed things. 

Personally I prefer a keeper league. 

 

Again, it was based on league GM choice. Jason (@SilentHill) was the commish who proposed the question and most of us answered No for keepers. So it was not the commish that changed things but he made sure it was the way that most people wanted. I didn't see anything wrong with that. Once he passed the baton to me as commish, I keep asking the same question every year and the answer seems to be "No" in majority. Like it or not, have to respect the majority.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

Again, it was based on league GM choice. Jason (@SilentHill) was the commish who proposed the question and most of us answered No for keepers. So it was not the commish that changed things but he made sure it was the way that most people wanted. I didn't see anything wrong with that. Once he passed the baton to me as commish, I keep asking the same question every year and the answer seems to be "No" in majority. Like it or not, have to respect the majority.

Not trying to be argumentative but that is not exactly what went down.

We switched from one network to a different one. I think it was Yahoo to ESPN and there was no vote on keeper leagues because of all the info that would have to be transferred. 

I am not upset about it , it's water under the bridge now. 

I still would be in the league if health problems didn't take me away for long periods of time. 

It's all good. :thmup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not trying to be argumentative but that is not exactly what went down.

We switched from one network to a different one. I think it was Yahoo to ESPN and there was no vote on keeper leagues because of all the info that would have to be transferred. 

I am not upset about it , it's water under the bridge now. 

I still would be in the league if health problems didn't take me away for long periods of time. 

It's all good. :thmup:


Trust you’re feeling good, Kenny. Health is wealth and that has never been more true than these times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! Is it too late? I have been swamped the past month and haven't logged on at all.

 

Apologize about the delay guys, if I am too late I understand.

 

But, if it is still open I am 100% in! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • There are situations that call for “predictable” plays to be called: 4th and 1, qb sneak, running down the clock when you have the lead, 3rd and long, pass, etc.    Have you forgotten the 7step drop mentality that got Andrew Luck killed and influenced his early retirement? I’ll take Reich over that, any day!    I have to disagree that Reich isn’t creative (I’m assuming that’s the point of your comment). I would agree that he’s still learning and has made some calls, he’d like to have back (the pass to big Q).     We don’t know how many of those failed calls were to bad execution, like the run on 4th and 2 in the Jacksonville game, which failed in part, due a missed block.    We look at the result and assume it was solely on the coach.    Even if a play is predictable, If it succeeds because they see something (even though the other team knows it’s coming), isn’t that good play calling.     In Philadelphia, a lot of fans recognize Reich as a huge part of their 2017 success and see a big contrast in him and what they have now. IMO he’s an above average play caller that is getting better.
    • Because a portion of current Colt fans were born into their fandom with a Manning pacifier in their mouth. 
    • No thanks. Ertz wants a new deal and Alshon is always hurt.   There are younger TEs that I would be targeting via trade.
    • Maybe they don't want to win..It would be the smart play at this point...
    • If you are rebuilding, why would you give up your picks in order to get rid off Cousins? Just take your lumps with him and let him be the mentor/bridge QB for your next QB. If I'm rebuilding, I definitely would try avoiding giving up picks(especially high picks(day 1, day 2) ...   I think Dallas might be willing to take him for free for example... or even give you something small for him. 
  • Members

    • stitches

      stitches 9,586

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coming on strong

      coming on strong 479

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Four2itus

      Four2itus 4,437

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 6,976

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jskinnz

      jskinnz 5,754

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Aces101

      Aces101 131

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 3,949

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Pelt

      Pelt 683

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • AustinnKaine

      AustinnKaine 678

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nesjan3

      Nesjan3 1,118

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...